PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAN in 2008

ALinChainz
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
By Tatiana Siegel and Borys Kit

Fri Jun 23, 11:38 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Following in the footsteps of such comic book film openings as "Spider-Man" and "X2: X-Men United," Marvel armored avenger "Iron Man" is staking out an early May release date.

The Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment film is scheduled to open May 2, 2008, the studio said Thursday. Directed by Jon Favreau, the project marks the first motion picture to be produced by Marvel under its alliance with the Viacom Inc.-owned studio.

"Iron Man," based on the best-selling comic book character, is the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment and also marks the first film project under former Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad's newly launched production company, Avi Arad Prods.

The film is expected to be financed through Marvel's $525 million revolving film-financing facility.

"Spider-Man" opened May 5, 2002, with a record-breaking $115 weekend haul at the U.S. box office. "X2" bowed May 4, 2003, at No. 1 with an $86 million weekend tally.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060623/film_nm/ironman_dc_2)

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Isn't Jon Favreau directing?...

Iron Man has always been one of my favorite comics...should be interesting...

and it's the first under Marvel's own movie company...

Ally_Kat
06-23-2006, 04:06 PM
soon all you'll have to pick at the box office will be the current horror flick, the current comic book superhero flick, the current book turned into movie chick flick, and the oddball comedy.

:-/

ALinChainz
06-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Just got to think that there will be other heroes to follow.

The Mighty Thor would be cool.

Plenty to work with.

Seems like I heard Ghost Rider before also.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Thor is in pre-production...

Wolverine is set to start...

Ghost Rider is coming...with Nicholas Cage...

looks pretty good...

ALinChainz
06-23-2006, 04:22 PM
They take too long for this shit. But we'll take them as they come.

Aquaman or a serious Justice League. Franchises galore.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Aquaman is gong to be a TV series I think...

I know they are planning a Hulk 2...

Deathlok...and some other shit as well...

We shall see though...

rumors of Captain America coming out of the Wolverine series as well...

apparently...there's going to be a flashback scene...with Wolverine in WWII working alongside Cap...ala the comic...but we'll see...

seems like Captain America would be the perfect hero these days...eh?

ALinChainz
06-23-2006, 04:30 PM
No doubt .. could completely modernize Captain America.

I watched the old Flash series, as bad as that was. They didn't do enough with it, but ratings dictated it wasn't sticking around long enough to improve it.

Couldn't stand alone, but might have lived in a JLA movie.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Well...I think Aquaman is based off the character that was developed in Smallville?

I'm not really sure...since I don't watch the show though...

DlocRoth
06-23-2006, 05:52 PM
You guys are speakin my language....

Don't keep up with comics anymore....

But Capt. America is my all time favorite hero since I was a kid.

With Iron Man a close 2nd...

Iron Man has the best costume in the biz.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
yeah...I haven't bought a comic in 15 years...but still have my favorites...

Daredevil was always my favorite...when Frank Miller was his scribe...

but Ben Affleck ruined that shit...

Frank Miller went on to do the Dark Knight comics that the first Batman movie was based on...and is doing another series of Batman comics...

anyways...

I never like CA...all that much...

but there was a good story for Iron Man...were Tony Stark wasn't Iron Man anymore...and some black dude took over...and the suit wasn't made for him...so he fucked up all the time...

ultimately...Stark came back...and that other dude turned into Iron something...lmfao...

DlocRoth
06-23-2006, 05:58 PM
The Iron chef?

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 06:18 PM
LmFaO...

no...

I just looked it up...it was War Machine...

http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/niven/142/img/pr1304.jpg

there's the 2 arguing...

http://img27.exs.cx/img27/7369/team2.gif

War Machine is in the middle...

Bill Lumbergh
06-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Cool. Of course 99 percent of it's gonna be animated........

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah...which maybe was the problem with Hulk...

although I though Hulk was better than most people thought...

Bill Lumbergh
06-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

My problem with that movie was that the first 40 minutes were boring as fuck.......and I can't fucking STAND Nick Nolte.......

thome
06-23-2006, 07:53 PM
If this has anything to do with, Love, Relationships, between a man and a woman, sensitvity training toward the understanding of
the man, and his reasons for the need of the hero ,and how it
is manifested in the ability to love,----- I Will Sh!t Myself----.

If this in any way is perverted into a gay ass love storie --I will ^

If this resembles in any way a Chick Flick--I will^

If they cut it to REACH the child audience--I will^

If it has any Heroic women to balance out the manlieness --I will^
(Such as how James Bond can't FUKKIN SAVE THE WORLD ANYMORE, HE NEEDS THE HELP OF A 102 pd. NINJA CHICK!!)

Yes, a -Dude Flick- is what the world needs ,I am tired of the heros
due to -PC -needing Bull Dyke Balance!!!!!!!!1

If this Flick has any more --love relation or child orientation-- than
High Plains Drifter or the Good The Bad and The Ugly or
the Lethal Weapon or Mad Max...

I will.............................................. ..................^

The Pussification of warriors must Stop!

It's kinda like JOHN WAYNE in the Conqueror The TRUE story of how Genghis Khan couldn't be what he was with out the love of Susan Hayward .AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thank you, My take on the current Movie Industry ..............

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I actually agree with that...

thome
06-23-2006, 08:26 PM
and as i have thought for years!!! the timing was never rite, with CGI this
could finally be a great time, if too much CGI, it will look like the Hulk,
to little and it will look like the Rocketeer and again I will ....^

Digressing..........
By the way I have read all of the -Conan- Books by Robert E. Howard
i read them in the late sixties and the mid seventies.If you
didn't know the books were started in the mid 1930s By Mr. Howard
and the Differ Far from the movies and not to far from early comics
Arnold was the only comic book to life that showed any justice to the
original there is some justic in the New X- Men flicks some...

http://www.crossplains.com/howard/

What i am leading into is a feeling a feeling of power a feeling
of blind virtue towards a goal of survival a endless quest of
the blood of my enemies is all that gaurantees my survival..

in a nice way, you know, stories of heroes and villians without the candy......

The hero of Iron Man should be expressed as this

I have lots of iron man photos i am trying to convey a feeling of
astory that must not be pussified by ho;;ywood.

thome
06-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by thome

The hero of Iron Man should be expressed as this

I have lots of iron man photos i am trying to convey a feeling of
astory that must not be pussified by hollywood. [/B]

better sise i hope

thome
06-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Also, as you can tell i am excited for a Iron Man Movie, as the ten yr old i always will be. LOL

Coyote
06-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
soon all you'll have to pick at the box office will be the current horror flick, the current comic book superhero flick, the current book turned into movie chick flick, and the oddball comedy.

:-/

Most of which usually suck.

ULTRAMAN VH
06-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I think the Iron Man movie will be awesome if they make Tony Stark the flawed character he really is. His battle with his demons, such as alchoholism and the pressures of running a multimillion dollar tech company would really boost the script.

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Favreau has been real up front that he'd take the advice of people that have read the books...

so check this out... (http://www.myspace.com/jonfavreau)

1984dlrvh12
06-26-2006, 03:35 AM
ill have to check that movie out when it comes out. im a iron man fan i got a couple of his comics from the sixties.

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Okay...

more on Iron Man...

There's definately the thought that Iron Man is a multi-film arc...

and that alcoholism won't play a part...in the first film...but favreau is calling it his "Demon in a Bottle..."

He said he would "lay the groundwork" for future films...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Favreau has also said that this Iron Man won't be Kung-Fu Ninjitsu bullshit like the Power Rangers...

"He'll be Robo-Cop-like...weight, mass, and power...heavy metal and heavy weapons..."

I like the sound of that...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 01:54 PM
It will have a bunch of origin in the story...including Stark being held prisoner while building a foreign country a "war machine..."

where Stark builds the grey Iron Man suit..."for them..."

supposedly in Afghanistan...

and he uses the armor to escape...

so the origin story will have the grey armor...but it will evolve to the gold and red that we know about...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 01:57 PM
The villain is Mandarin...although an altered version of the one in the comic...in backround...not in capabilities...

and...

Terrance Howard has been offered the role of James Rhodes...who takes over for Tony Stark as Iron Man when he's struggling with alcoholism...

Soul Reaper
08-06-2006, 02:02 PM
The villain is Mandarin...although an altered version of the one in the comic...in backround...not in capabilities...

and I can't imagine this costume in the film....

http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/childrenstv/Iron%20Man/Iron%20Man005.jpg

who's the one on the left of War Machine on the picture of the three 'iron men' you posted?

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 02:32 PM
That's Iron Man...circa late 80's or early 90's...I know it was after the Super Hero Secret Wars...

I have several comics with him in the silver and red armor...didn't last long though...

War Machines' armor was also created as an Iron Man suit...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Okay...as for my choice for Tony Stark...I have 2...

1 certainly more than the other...

and both have been rumored...

1. Edward Norton...now...at first...it doesn't seem like he fits...but I'll throw up a picture in a few that will show you why...

2. Jim Caviezel...he was absolutely wrong for Superman...no nearly the right choice...but is the absolute perfect Tony Stark...

more as we go...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Now the great thing about Mandarin...especially since Favreau is going with the Tom Clancy/Bond angle in the first film...is that he's from China...

(you have to think that China/US head to heads are in our future)

and that supposedly, Mandarin is the son of wealthy Chinese parents...and...who ultimately becomes a high member of the Chinese government...

he sees technology as a way to conquer the world...

He also created Ultimo...a 30 foot robot warrior...

He's a technological warrior...and has these rings that were created by chinese technology to do a bunch of cool shit...

anyways...he doesn't really need a costume...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 02:43 PM
this is a more up to date pic of Mandarin...

lmfao...

http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/mandarin.jpg

ULTRAMAN VH
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Jim Caviezel is a good choice. I also think Patrick Dempsey of ER fame would make a great Tony Stark. Just saw the previews for the soon to be released animated Iron Man movie. It looks really good.

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I've heard Dempsey being mentioned...but I'm sorry...after seeing him as a punk kid...doing that fucking African Dance in Can't Buy me Love...

I just can't see it...

but I've heard him and that douchebag from Lost mentioned...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Is it an Iron Man movie?

or an Avenger animated movie?

I wouldn't doubt both...

ULTRAMAN VH
08-06-2006, 08:42 PM
There is an Ultimate Avengers movie and a sequel which comes out Tuesday. Ultimate Avengers is worth a look, I liked it. Some fans were pissed because they watered down the story line a bit from the UA comic. I won't ruin the story but the HulK and Captain America really steal the show. Overall I enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to the sequel. The UA 2 sequel storyline revolves around the Black Panther.
The Ironman animated movie looks to be an origin style story line and the animation looks impressive. Lionsgate is also creating a Doctor Strange movie to be released around the same time as Iron Man.

Soul Reaper
08-07-2006, 09:11 AM
did you know they're making Ant Man movie too?

I've never read Ant Man comics.....are they anything of any interest?

ALinChainz
10-01-2006, 01:20 AM
By Borys Kit and Sheigh Crabtree

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Robert Downey, Jr. is suiting up to star in "Iron Man," a superhero movie based on the Marvel Comics character.

Jon Favreau is directing the Paramount Pictures release. Filming is slated to begin in February in Los Angeles.

Downey will portray Tony Stark, a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Using his intelligence and ingenuity, Stark instead builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. Upon his return to the U.S., he uncovers a plot with global implications and must don his armor and protect the world.

The comic debuted in the 1960s, and Iron Man's origin involved Stark being a prisoner of the Viet Cong. The movie version will be set in today's geopolitical climate.

Budgeted at more than $100 million, it marks the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment, which previously licensed its characters, such as "Spider-Man" and "X-Men," to other studios.

Marvel president of production Kevin Feige said the filmmakers looked for the best actor to embody the character.

"The Marvel characters are not just about how high they jump or how fast they fly, they're about their character flaws," Feige said. "They're about their inner demons. They're about the struggles that they go through between being a man and being a hero."

Downey, who has battled his fair share of inner demons, worked hard to get the role, getting in shape and even growing a goatee like the one Stark sports in the comic books.

"In every casting announcement we've done, people in their mind's eye have their own view of it and let us know about it. We're used to it," Feige said. "The point is, we looked at everybody, and we found the best person for the role. It's as confident a casting move as we've ever done. The proof will be in the pudding, but he is Tony Stark."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060929/film_nm/ironman_dc_1

Terry
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM

I really didn't care for much of it when I saw it the first time, mostly because I thought was too slow-moving, but recently saw it again (on tv, no less), and found I was enjoying all of it. Even the Bruce Banner scenes, as well as the ending, which I thought plain sucked when it first came out.

Enjoyed it to the point where I'd actually go see a sequel if all the main leads came back and Lee directed.

As opposed to Spiderman 3, which I could give a shit less about.

Iron Man I'll pass on.

Same with Thor.

Ghost Rider it's just a given I'll see.

Aquaman as a subject has the potential to be interesting, as long as Black Manta is the Archnemesis.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Downey is absolutely perfect...IMO...

he's got the angst you need...and will give some believability to the character struggles...

of course...it will be interesting to watch what happens once his character starts developing his alcoholism...

ULTRAMAN VH
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM

he's got the angst you need...and will give some believability to the character struggles...

of course...it will be interesting to watch what happens once his character starts developing his alcoholism...

Agreed, his battle with substances will give him an edge above other actors who may have auditioned. I am not a big fan of Downey but his top notch acting chops can push a guy in an Iron suit over the top for the non fanboy movie goers.

flappo
10-02-2006, 02:19 AM
thor could be grate , if they don't make a joke of it like the ff movie which was shit

if they did it like the first conan movie for example

flappo
10-02-2006, 02:30 AM
the thing was exc in ff , but wtf did they do with doom ?

he came over as faggot in a dress

really lost all the menace of the comic book character

and as for the way they fucked up his origin - unforgiveable

POJO_Risin
10-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah...I'm not a big fan of movies that just don't take into account the origin...

was pretty pissed about it...

could have done a ton more...

Thor...

Don't know...but I'm sure if Marvel is serious about doing their own gig...it will be coming soon...

Warham
10-06-2006, 06:09 PM

I agree. It's brilliant casting.

Should be an enjoyable flick, if done correctly. I already like the movie poster.

DLRdelight!
10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
the wolverine one sounds very interesting

POJO_Risin
10-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Terrence Howard flying to "Iron Man"
Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:11am ET

By Gregg Kilday

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Terrence Howard is joining the cast of Marvel's "Iron Man," which stars Robert Downey, Jr. in the title role.

Howard will play Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes, the best friend of Tony Stark, the billionaire industrialist who becomes the superhero known as Iron Man. Jon Favreau is directing the film.

Filming is scheduled to begin in February in Los Angeles, with the movie's release, through Paramount Pictures, slated for May 2, 2008.

Howard, who earned an Academy Award nomination for his lead role in last year's "Hustle & Flow," also starred in the Oscar-winning "Crash." He recently completed production on "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster and is shooting "Spring Break in Bosnia" with Richard Gere. His credits include "Idlewild," "Get Rich or Die Tryin' " and "Four Brothers."

Reuters/Billboard

Howard is a done deal...

pretty good start for casting if you ask me.

The question is will we be seeing Rhodey in any Iron Man/War Machine getup before the end of the series...

ALinChainz
10-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks to ALLY KAT for this pic.

http://www.fantasyoutlaws.com/images/ironman.jpg

POJO_Risin
10-12-2006, 11:44 PM
The potential of this movie...oy...

ALinChainz
10-12-2006, 11:57 PM
This looks good as well.

http://www.fantasyoutlaws.com/images/ghost1.jpg

ALinChainz
10-13-2006, 12:05 AM
http://www.fantasyoutlaws.com/images/ghost2.jpg

POJO_Risin
10-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah...some of the clips I have seen are awesome...

ALinChainz
10-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Just saw X-Men III ... didn't bother to see it at the theater ... and it could have been better.

They push Angel like he's going to have this major role, and then basically a cameo.

Problem is, this shit doesn't happen fast enough.

POJO_Risin
10-13-2006, 12:32 AM
I still haven't seen it...

GAR
10-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Now here's a left curve! This is really going thru!

Revan
10-14-2006, 03:30 AM
I'm much more excited about Ghost Rider than Iron Man, personally. Can't see Downey as Tony Stark, not by a long shot. Special effects will either make it or break it, I suppose.

ALinChainz
01-18-2007, 12:24 AM
According to Ain't It Cool News, Gwyneth Paltrow is going to play Stark's secretary, Pepper Potts.

Terrance Howards is playing Rhodes.

ALinChainz
02-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Jeff Bridges Joins Iron Man!

MARVEL STUDIOS ADDS ACADEMY-AWARDŽ NOMINEE JEFF BRIDGES TO STAR-STUDDED CAST OF IRON MAN

Los Angeles, CA (February 6, 2007) -- Marvel Studios continues to build a golden foundation for its big screen adaptation of Iron Man as it announced today that Jeff Bridges will join the cast of the highly-anticipated summer 2008 event film.

Bridges marks the fourth Academy-Award recognized actor signed on to the project, starring alongside OscarŽ nominee Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, OscarŽ nominee Terrence Howard as Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes and OscarŽ winner Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia "Pepper" Potts. Directed by Jon Favreau , Iron Man is scheduled to blast into theaters May 2, 2008.

Few specifics of Bridges' role were released. He will portray a close business associate of Tony Stark. A confidant and longtime employee at defense contractor Stark Industries, Bridges' character plays a major role in shaping Tony Stark's life.

"We are thrilled to have Jeff Bridges on board Iron Man in this pivotal role. His depth of talent and unique persona make him a perfect addition to this project, truly rounding out the ensemble," said Kevin Feige, President of Production, Marvel Studios. "His character is central to the entire storyline of the film and we could not have asked for a better choice than Jeff to bring this role to life."

Jeff Bridges has appeared in more than 50 movies during his illustrious career to date, and has garnered numerous accolades. Bridges has received four Academy AwardŽ nominations, including a Best Actor nod for Starman and Supporting Actor recognition for The Contender, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot and The Last Picture Show. Among his other memorable film credits are: The Big Lebowski, Seabiscuit, The Fisher King, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Tucker: The Man and His Dream, Jagged Edge and Against All Odds. In 2007, he will be seen in A Dog Year and provide his vocal talents to the animated film Surf's Up.

Filming on IRON MAN is scheduled to begin in Los Angeles in March 2007. The film will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

IRON MAN will be produced by Avi Arad and Kevin Feige. Executive Producers are Ari Arad, Peter Billingsley, Louis D'Esposito, Jon Favreau and Michael Helfant. Bridges is represented by Creative Artists Agency.

SOURCE: Marvel.com

thome
06-14-2007, 07:50 PM
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?name=news&id=1560958&vid=152334

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/iron-man-first-armor.jpg

2 movie stills.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/ironmanx-large.jpg

i found what i think might be the latest info.

Still searching.

thome
06-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Can't find much this is locked down tight.

Release in may 2008 jeez.... it's gonna rock.

ULTRAMAN VH
06-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Nice find Thome, and you're right, I think this is gonna be a great popcorn movie. Looking forward to it. Hope they include Tony Starks battle with alcoholism in the script.

thome
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Nice find Thome, and you're right, I think this is gonna be a great popcorn movie. Looking forward to it. Hope they include Tony Starks battle with alcoholism in the script.
Thanks
When ALinChainz posted this thread 06-23-2006 i was very interested as you can tell by my avatar, but jeez how long can they make us wait.

Maybe i don't realize how long a movie takes to bring to the screen with all the CGI.

I just realized i was almost exactly a year ago,..... weird.

And due May of 08..... Weird!

thome
09-11-2007, 03:06 PM
bump

thome
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
I just watched the Iron Man 1 Movie on DVD for the first time.

I am wierd about movies as far as water cooler talk and trend interest.

It was all I wanted it dealt with Starks emptiness and reclusive socialite personality a very hard psychogram to pull off.

Favreau was on target with not to much loviedovie just so played,... the romantic hero junk ...ugg.

The sound was not (too much in every movie these days) WHAT THE FUKK ARE THEY SAYIN!!!! immediately followed with a BOOM I can't get to my remote fast enough attention grabbing due to lack of proper script BULLSH!T!!!!

Downey was everything and more I really haven't seen a movie in years where I sat closer to the screen and was genuinely interested and a believer.

Paltrow is an as I think most of the time a true movie star just a great addition to anything she appeares in. Ooooooooooooooooohh Mamma!!! She has some real style.

The special effect guys were magic and delivered the humor with complete believability.

The coolness I look for in a dude flick is a hard market in these floppy parade movies that seem to own the theaters and press attention, by coolness I mean ice cold dude sh!t that DUDES DIG! Most movies these days are a (done Friends style) fop hat drag.

I don't mean lots of smash up murder death kill. I mean I don't need a 12 minite love scene that has no true porn.. why even include side boobery in a 12 min love scene it ain't "Anistons" tit and we all know it FUKK THAT!

Iron Man had enough sexuality without being gay.
It didn't pander to anyone or anything it was a movie and I dug it.
I would recomend this movie to dudes and dudettes.

The Airplane scene with the stripper pole was just dude rite..how many times have you had a drunken buddy hanging on your shoulder while you two dicuss the intricasies of perpetual beer hovercraft and looked over to the right and just wished three beautifull women were twisting the night away. Best sex scene ever. Sexie chicks and booze like the 7th graders we all are..lol

Perhaps in a couple years I will watch Iron Man II and post a review like anyone cares....I may watch it on Blue Ray I will have one in 2 or 3 years....thome not treendie machine head...but machine head just the same.