PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Brock--The ONLY American Heavyweight Hope

POJO_Risin
06-24-2006, 01:14 AM
Brock stands at 28-0...hasn't really beat anyone...but has 2 good power punches...and at 31...isn't a young kid prone to mistakes...

He fights tomorrow night...well...tonight...

against some fucking Russian...and if he wins...he should get a shot at one of the belts...

if you don't know him...check him out on HBO tomorrow night at 10:30...

let's hope he can do it...

ALinChainz
06-24-2006, 01:19 AM
About it too ... on another note ... Baby Joe Mesi fought a bum tonight continuing his comeback, 8 rounder I believe.

Wasn't looking good at all.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2006, 01:30 AM
and doesn't he have another fight scheduled at the beginning of July?...or something ludicrous like that?

I read an article that he had 2 fights scheduled within a couple of weeks...

I could be wrong though...

binnie
06-24-2006, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Brock stands at 28-0...hasn't really beat anyone...but has 2 good power punches...and at 31...isn't a young kid prone to mistakes...

He fights tomorrow night...well...tonight...

against some fucking Russian...and if he wins...he should get a shot at one of the belts...

if you don't know him...check him out on HBO tomorrow night at 10:30...

let's hope he can do it...

He is a hope.

But can anyone about at the moment beat the Beast from the East?

7' +!

Now size ain't everything, but I don't think there's a heavyweight with the handspeed and footwork out there who can beat somone of that height and reach.

Any opinions?

DlocRoth
06-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I have that fight on tape!

Where are you?!?!

POJO_Risin
06-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Both are undefeated...and the winner will undoubtedly get a title shot with one of the russkies...

as for size...of the 7 footer...

A good fighter will beat size any day of the week...

DlocRoth
06-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Wow...

What a letdown....

Not only WASN'T it the big sloth toed Russian....

But Calvy was out of shape, no make that soft and fat...

The hype of American boxing....

Heaven help us all.....

ALinChainz
06-25-2006, 01:15 AM
But either one would have kicked the dogshit out of Brian Minto.

DlocRoth
06-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Agreed.

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Is there any hype about American boxing anymore...heavy's I'm talking about?

Christ...it's pathetic...

I was talking to a reporter friend of mine tonight in Denver...and he's got a guy in the welterweight/light middy division though that apparently has some explosion...not a lot of fights...

but ranked 10 or so...

and moving up quick...lots of knockouts...viscious...quick...

maybe what Mayweather needs...;)

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 02:56 AM
You have to wonder if the 100+ temperatures had something to do with the lackluster performance as well...

Brock did look out of shape though...

ALinChainz
06-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Brock has the big punch, and European fighters mover and jab well.

As far as the excitement that the division needs, he talks a good game but that's about it.

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Who knows...all it will take is one guy that can throw bombs to go on a hot streak...

I think if you can get one guy...King-Free...to snag a few titles...

and have King trying to steal them away...well...

it could make the division interesting again...

or fuck...

how about a card with ALL the Russian title holders against American title holders...with the idea of ultimately putting all the titles together...

Call it...tearing down the wall...

ULTRAMAN VH
06-25-2006, 05:24 PM
It staggers the imagination, that in this entire country, the boxing community can't find some heavyweight talent. Another reason why as of late I have switched to watching the UFC and Pride Fighting Championships. The recent crop of fighters are in phenomenal shape and are trained for lean muscle and stamina to last for 5 5 minute rounds. I love boxing but corruption and domination from the likes of Don King have really given the sport a black eye.

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't disagree with that...

just out of curiousity...

what are the drug (performance enhancing drugs) limits in UFC and PFC fighting?

is there any?

Dave's Bitch
06-25-2006, 05:43 PM
i dont mind brock to much i suppose,he is an ok fighter (i have seen better),he is an alright puncher and movers alright.Seems like a nice guy outa the ring,but i dont think he is anything too special

ULTRAMAN VH
06-25-2006, 06:08 PM
: Today, at at 04:34 PM
Profile Pm Email www Search Buddy IP

I don't disagree with that...

just out of curiousity...

what are the drug (performance enhancing drugs) limits in UFC and PFC fighting?

is there any? That is a great question? One that I am curious about and will look into. These gents show high tolerances for pain, so you have to wonder. As of right now, I feel they are superior to boxers when it comes to conditioning.

ALinChainz
06-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Who knows...all it will take is one guy that can throw bombs to go on a hot streak...

I think if you can get one guy...King-Free...to snag a few titles...

and have King trying to steal them away...well...

it could make the division interesting again...

or fuck...

how about a card with ALL the Russian title holders against American title holders...with the idea of ultimately putting all the titles together...

Call it...tearing down the wall...

I agree in principal.

I ranted about this in a blog at my site about getting every division going in some kind of tournament to get unified titles. Get the fans back who have left because a veritable alphabet of titles all over the place.

If you could one more time get it down to at least the WBA and WBC, but that won't happen. King had Jose Suliman and the WBC in his pocket for years.