PDA

View Full Version : Patsy Ramsey Dead at 49

fryingdutchman
06-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Mother of Slain JonBenet Ramsey Dies
By ROBERT WELLER, Associated Press Writer
1 hour ago

Patsy Ramsey, whose 6-year-old daughter JonBenet's 1996 slaying has never been solved, died Saturday of cancer, her lawyer said. She was 49.

Ramsey was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1993 and suffered a recurrence several years ago, attorney L. Lin Wood said. She died at her father's home in suburban Atlanta with her husband, John, at her bedside.

"It is not unexpected but it is a sad day," Wood told The Associated Press.

JonBenet, who competed in beauty pageants, was found beaten and strangled in her parents' Boulder, Colo. basement on Dec. 26, 1996. A grand jury investigation ended with no indictments, and no arrests have been made.

JonBenet's death became fodder for tabloids and the subject of books.

The Ramseys said an intruder killed their daughter but a cloud of suspicion hung over the couple. The district attorney and a federal judge in Colorado have said it is likelier that an intruder was responsible.

"Hopefully her legacy will not be tied to the false accusation related to the brutal murder of her daughter," Wood said Saturday.

Patsy Ramsey said she found a ransom note on the back staircase of the family's home demanding $118,000 for the safe return of JonBenet. John Ramsey said he found his daughter's body in a basement room eight hours later.

An autopsy concluded JonBenet suffered a skull fracture, and was strangled and beaten.

The couple left Colorado after JonBenet's death and wrote a book, "The Death of Innocence," which was published in 2000.

They had residences in Atlanta and in Michigan, where John Ramsey made an unsuccessful bid for the Michigan House in 2004.

He finished second among six candidates vying for the Republican nomination. The Ramseys discussed their daughter's death during the campaign.

"We can't just hold our breath and hope the killer will be found and then go on with our lives," Patsy Ramsey said in 2004. "We have to move ahead now. We can't let evil win."

Patsy Ramsey is survived by her husband and their 19-year-old son, Burke.

So what do you Army brothers and sisters think of ol' Patsy Ramsey? In my opinion, she was a deluded, pushy pageant Mom who probably knew exactly what happened to her daughter and covered it up.

I'm a big fan of the theory that their son Burke did it, and both John and Patsy covered it up to keep from losing another kid to the slammer.

Your thoughts?

bueno bob
06-24-2006, 01:35 PM
So what do you Army brothers and sisters think of ol' Patsy Ramsey? In my opinion, she was a deluded, pushy pageant Mom who probably knew exactly what happened to her daughter and covered it up.

I'm a big fan of the theory that their son Burke did it, and both John and Patsy covered it up to keep from losing another kid to the slammer.

Your thoughts?

I'm pretty much in consensus with that...

FORD
06-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Reunited with Jon Benet??

I'd bet that Patsy went entirely the other direction, the murderous cunt.

I don't wish cancer on anybody, but there seems to be a bit of poetic justice in the fact that someone who fucked up their own child like that ended up a victim of her own reproductive organs.

Flash Bastard
06-24-2006, 09:14 PM
A handwriting analysis proved that Patsy wrote the ransome note.

DNA was found in Jon Bonet's underwear... but that DNA didn't match either three of her immediate family members.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2006, 09:32 PM
So maybe she was fucking someone else...

look...

I'm not going to lay blame where it probably should...

if she did it...or knew who did...

then she's where she needs to be...

if she didn't...

perhaps she's finally got some peace...

MAPRamone
06-25-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
A handwriting analysis proved that Patsy wrote the ransome note.

DNA was found in Jon Bonet's underwear... but that DNA didn't match either three of her immediate family members.

If that's true she must have known who did it. Or not...
Or what the fuck, we'll never know for sure...:(

bueno bob
06-25-2006, 02:57 AM
That's the only guarantee...they'll never crack the case...

RuzDNailz
06-25-2006, 03:14 AM
I thought they had to dig up her body for more testing. The sad thing is that justice will never be served for poor jonbennet. Besides, would she have had a normal life even after all those pageants?

fryingdutchman
06-30-2006, 09:33 AM
What kind of world do we live in when Joe Thunder's horseshit landscaping thread gets more replies than a legitimate current event thread?

BITEYOASS
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
The husband should still be a suspect also. That fucker never showed any emotion whatsoever during the whole ordeal.

BITEYOASS
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Not to mention that he mentioned her murder in some of his campaign speeches.

bueno bob
06-30-2006, 11:44 AM
I wasn't aware he ran for some office...what did he run for?

BITEYOASS
06-30-2006, 11:46 AM
He ran as a republican candidate for a state senate office in Michigan.

bueno bob
06-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Did he win?

Actually, better question - was he involved in politics beforehand, or was Jonbenet (I hate saying it, it sounds so pithy) his "springboard" into the arena?

BITEYOASS
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Wasn't in politics before and he lost, thank god! Of course now another criminal by the name of Dick DeVos is running for governor of Michigan. For those who don't know, he is the head of Amway.

Susie Q
07-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
I thought they had to dig up her body for more testing. The sad thing is that justice will never be served for poor jonbennet. Besides, would she have had a normal life even after all those pageants?

Ya know, I don't agree with all that kiddie pageant bullshit. Nothing like pimping your kid. You are right, they will never be any justice for this sad case.

MAPRamone
07-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
The husband should still be a suspect also. That fucker never showed any emotion whatsoever during the whole ordeal.
I agree though just because he didn't cry a river doesn't mean he's guilty. He didn't show grief but that doesn't mean he didn't feel any. That said he's fucking creepy!

MAPRamone
07-03-2006, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
Ya know, I don't agree with all that kiddie pageant bullshit. Nothing like pimping your kid. You are right, they will never be any justice for this sad case.

I agree. How could anyone not think those pageants are a showcase for pedophiles? I mean who the fuck else cares about dressed up kiddies?

BITEYOASS
07-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by MAPRamone
I agree. How could anyone not think those pageants are a showcase for pedophiles? I mean who the fuck else cares about dressed up kiddies?

Joe Thunderbugger does, that fuckin cunt!