PDA

View Full Version : Amazing (not really) we haven't heard more about this...

Big Train
06-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Does ANYONE of any political thinking disagree with this? I'm sure Ford will find a way to try, but he will be wrong...

Associated Press
Bush Order Would Limit Property Seizures
By JENNIFER LOVEN , 06.23.2006, 07:01 PM

President Bush ordered Friday that federal agencies cannot seize private property except for public projects such as hospitals or roads. The move occurred on the one-year anniversary of a controversial Supreme Court decision that gave local governments broad power to bulldoze people's homes for commercial development.

The majority opinion in the Supreme Court case involving New London, Conn., homeowners limited the homeowners' rights by saying local governments could take private property for purely economic development-related projects because the motive was to bring more jobs and tax revenue to a city.

But the court also noted that states are free to pass additional protections if they see fit. In a backlash to the decision, many have done so, prohibiting so-called takings for shopping malls or other private projects.

Many conservatives - particularly in the West - see the decision as a dangerous interpretation of the "takings clause" in the Constitution's Fifth Amendment, which allows the government to seize property for public use with just compensation. They have argued such takings are an unjustified governmental abuse of individual rights.

Cities, though, backed by some liberals, see the takings power as an important tool for urban renewal projects crucial to revitalizing cities.

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, welcomed Bush's executive order. But since the federal government has only a limited role in such projects, he said Congress must do more. Cornyn has introduced legislation that would also bar federal funding for any state or local projects in which the land was obtained through eminent domain.

"The protection of homes and small businesses and other private property against government seizure or unreasonable government interference is a fundamental principle of American life and a distinctive aspect of our form of government," Cornyn said. "The Supreme Court's decision last year represented a radical departure from the decisions handed down interpreting that constitutional provision over the last 200 years, and the president's action was an important step toward righting that wrong."

Doug Kendall, executive director of the Community Rights Counsel, which backed the city's right to take the homes in the Connecticut case, said Bush's order is relatively benign precisely because it doesn't include the funding ban Cornyn and other property-rights advocates want.

"This order appears to apply to a null, or virtually null set of government actions. ... I'm not aware of any federal government agency that takes property for economic development," he said. "It's an effort to appease the property rights base, while ignoring the difficult question of when eminent domain should be used to help downtrodden communities."

The White House defended the president's approach.

"The president is a strong supporter of private property rights, and this executive order put the federal government on record opposing eminent domain for merely economic development purposes," said Dana Perino, a spokeswoman for Bush.

Bush's executive order directs the attorney general to make sure all federal agencies follow the new policy. The kinds of projects that Bush's order says justify the taking of private property include parks, roads, medical facilities, government office buildings and utilities. Takings also would be allowed to prevent land uses that are harmful to the environment or public safety or to acquire abandoned property.

On Capitol Hill, conservative property defenders and liberals - worried that it could become too easy to tear down poor neighborhoods - have joined to advance legislation.

And Bush's executive order tracks a trend being set in state legislatures.

Since the Supreme Court decision, 31 states have passed laws restricting the use of eminent domain for economic development, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Governors in three states vetoed such legislation, but 21 state legislatures have passed measures that have been signed by their governors. Bills are still sitting on the governor's desk in three states. The remaining four states are letting voters decide the issue through constitutional amendments on the ballot.

Such measures also will be on the ballots in Florida and Georgia because those states required approval not only by lawmakers and the governor, but by the voters as well.

Larry Morandi, who follows state actions on eminent domain at the conference of state legislatures in Denver, called the president's executive order "middle-of-the road" compared with some state laws that are more stringent.

LoungeMachine
06-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Yes.

Mark the calendars.

JUNE 23, 2006

CHIMPY GOT ONE RIGHT.

Well done.

Forget Afghanistan and the return of the Taliban

Forget losing OBL

Forget The war in Iraq.

Forget $3 gas, and record oil profits.

Forget DeLay, Cunningham, Frist, Rove, and Libby.

Forget the VP shooting a man and the 3 days it took him to sober up.

Forget Harriet Meiers.

Forget Bernie Kerik.

Forget Record Deficits.

Forget a failed "reform" of Social Security

Forget 2,500++ deaths and no exit strategy.

Forget warrantless spying.

Forget the shredding of the Bill Of Rights.

Forget 29% approval ratings.

Forget FEMA

Forget Immigration.

The Chimp fell on the right side of an issue and is for property rights.

Alert the media. FAUX News too.

frets5150
06-25-2006, 01:54 AM
NEXT!!!

:D

Big Train
06-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Are you choking on it Lounge? Give him credit. ALL OF YOU LIBS, line up and give the man credit for this.

This is a big thing for everyone.

FORD
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
I'll bet it doesn't include the people who had their property stolen by the DEA for holding an ounce of weed,

Sure, on the surface this makes Chimpy look good. But these bastards never do ANYTHING unless it serves their own purposes. Since this case was in Connecticut, maybe there was an "imminent domain" case pending against Grandpa Prescott's old house or something?

Big Train
06-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Can none of you just simply say

"Well done Mr. Bush"?

Are you incapable of it?

Little Texan
06-25-2006, 01:50 PM
About time he did something right! It only took him 3/4's of his presidency and a mountain of screwups to do so!

LoungeMachine
06-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Big Train

"Well done Mr. Bush"?

Are you incapable of it?

Quid Pro Quo, BT.

I'm still waiting for any of you Cons in here to admit he's fucked things up.

SS
Medicare
Immigration
Iraq
Afghanistan
Circumventing FISA
Leaks

And what part of my original post was unclear to you?

I did say he got one right.

He's batting about .140 by any stretch of the imagination.

He should be benched for the last innings.

FORD
06-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Yeah, but the Designated Hitler isn't any better :(

And no, that wasn't a typo....

LoungeMachine
06-25-2006, 02:16 PM
LMAO

Another problem with the "American" League today....

The Designated Hitler Rule.

Warham
06-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Quid Pro Quo, BT.

SS
Medicare
Immigration
Iraq
Afghanistan
Circumventing FISA
Leaks

Lounge, you're a knucklehead above all.

We've all admitted he's made several errors in judgement and several mistakes, which is more than your willing to do for your messiah Slick Willie, who could do no wrong.

Big Train
06-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Quid Pro Quo, BT.

SS
Medicare
Immigration
Iraq
Afghanistan
Circumventing FISA
Leaks

I never said McCain never said good stuff. Howard Dean has his heart in the right place (too bad his head ain't there).

The bottom line is that libs are INCAPABLE of just simply saying well done. Just impossible. No quid pro quo needed. It's just not possible apparently.

knuckleboner
06-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Lounge, you're a knucklehead above all.

uh...thanks? :D

actually, Mr. Train, i'll say bush didn't do so good there...

i liked the supreme court ruling. it said that the "public use" was never defined in the constitution. so rather than interpreting it, the court ruled to allow each state to determine what public use meant in that state. (you know, states' rights and no judicial activism ;))

mind you, i was very much in favor of virginia passing laws restricting the definition of public use. but i thought the supreme court case was nonetheless done correctly. and therefore i don't see a need for bush to get involved.

there you go.

ODShowtime
06-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Are you choking on it Lounge? Give him credit. ALL OF YOU LIBS, line up and give the man credit for this.

This is a big thing for everyone.

yes, it is a sound decision. Also pretty obvious if you ask me...

now make sure to stop by and support the next thread I post shredding the moron.

jcook11
06-26-2006, 09:43 PM

"Well done Mr. Bush"?

Are you incapable of it?

No they can't NEVER!

Terry
06-26-2006, 10:31 PM
THIS will TURN HIS LEGACY AROUND!!

Hardrock69
06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Granted, compared to the shit Chimpy has flung at the American People and the World, it is not much.

But then, I certainly agree he did the right thing in this case.

He is not a 100% fucktard, only 99.9999999999999999999%.

;)

Nickdfresh
06-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Actually, some have made the argument that Eminent Domain has been successfully used to drive slum lords and absentee property owners out of inner-cities in order to facilitate economic development and urban renewal. Iowa City would be a prime example...

Hardrock69
06-29-2006, 01:17 AM
That is a good thing, but when there is nothing wrong withthe property, and the local government is sucking the cock of the developers who want the land, then that is a pretty fucked up deal.

BigBadBrian
06-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Yes.

Mark the calendars.

JUNE 23, 2006

CHIMPY GOT ONE RIGHT.

Well done.

Forget Afghanistan and the return of the Taliban

Forget losing OBL

Forget The war in Iraq.

Forget $3 gas, and record oil profits.

Forget DeLay, Cunningham, Frist, Rove, and Libby.

Forget the VP shooting a man and the 3 days it took him to sober up.

Forget Harriet Meiers.

Forget Bernie Kerik.

Forget Record Deficits.

Forget a failed "reform" of Social Security

Forget warrantless spying.

Forget the shredding of the Bill Of Rights.

Forget 29% approval ratings.

Forget FEMA

Forget Immigration.

Alert the media. FAUX News too.

Yes, let's all forget the Republicans are only HALF of the problem.

Let's all forget that previous Administrations all dropped the ball on most of the issues above.

I guess Republican-bashing is the flavor of the month.

:gulp:

Warham
06-29-2006, 03:54 PM
That list Lounge wrote up is pretty small compared to the one I could write for Clinton.

Small potatoes.

Nickdfresh
06-29-2006, 08:14 PM
That list Lounge wrote up is pretty small compared to the one I could write for Clinton.

Small potatoes.

Well, some horseshit you could cut and paste off the internet anyways...

LoungeMachine
06-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well, some horseshit you could cut and paste off the internet anyways...

LMMFAO

Warpig reminds me of the guy in the back of the room telling his roomate "I could play that, if I wanted to"

He's always talking about what he could post if he wanted to.

:rolleyes:

dumbass:D

LoungeMachine
06-29-2006, 08:34 PM

Small potatoes.

Just exactly how fucking stupid are you?

Did my list encompass the ENTIRE list of fuckups by this admin?

No.

And you're calling 2,500 dead in Iraq "small potatoes" [your term]

If so, FUCK YOU,

Why do you HATE the troops so much, Warpig?:rolleyes:

asshole.

LoungeMachine
06-29-2006, 08:36 PM

God you're fucking pathetic.:rolleyes:

IT'S 2006 YOU FUCKING MORON.

HAVE YOUR WIFE LOAN YOU $5 AND BUY A CALENDAR

Hardrock69
06-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Something Big Train fails to realize....theoretically it is "the squeaky wheel that gets the grease".

If a politician is doing what he is supposed to do, it will be no big deal.

Same with any human.

You got a salesman in some company who starts calling his customers "goddamn assholes", or perhaps some fucker who is falling asleep onthe job (like the cable guy that got fired the other day.

People like that SHOULD be talked about in a negative fashion.

People talk smack about people who are fucking up, and rightfully so.

Lotsa Busheep around here are always whining about the constant never ending stream of stuff that people with common sense are bitching about in regards to the sub-primate Chimpy in the White House.

Nobody ever raised a fuss over this thing that Chimpy got right, because he is actually REQUIRED to do his job properly.

Most of the time he fails.

He is a fuckup, and is dragging America down with him. Or at least trying to.

So the fact that he actually does something proper for a change really does not merit any special mention.

I am glad he did what he did, but that is overshadowed by the fact that he is a power-mad genocidal maniac who is fucking things up for everyone.

Hey I thought our governmnet was suppose to be going after "terrists".

Why have they not transported the entire Bush administration to Guantanamo for a nice long stay in a chain link doggie kennel?

Bush is worse than fucking Osama Bin Laden.....

OBL took at least 10 years to kill only a few thousand people or less .....while Chimpy has caused the deaths of several hundred thousand people in 3 years.

Osama is an amateur.

Meanwhile, Chimpy has the best professional terrist organization on the planet, with an unlimited budget and unlimted resources.
I think anyone who willfully elects a terrist like that should be arrested for supporting "terrism".

;)
:D

ODShowtime
06-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I guess Republican-bashing is the flavor of the month.

no, it's a national past time the last couple years.

DEMON CUNT
06-29-2006, 09:57 PM

Dang bro, your BULLSHIT is starting to smell just like BigBland's!

You will not make that list because you cannot make that list!

Hey Warham, what's that in your pants?

Small potatoes.

Warham
06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Just exactly how fucking stupid are you?

Did my list encompass the ENTIRE list of fuckups by this admin?

No.

And you're calling 2,500 dead in Iraq "small potatoes" [your term]

If so, FUCK YOU,

asshole.

Did I say '2,500 dead in Iraq was small potatoes' anywhere in my post?

Please point that out and we'll continue.

LoungeMachine
07-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Did I say '2,500 dead in Iraq was small potatoes' anywhere in my post?

Please point that out and we'll continue.

OKAY, YOU LYING, LOWLIFE PIECE OF SHIT........

Yes.

Mark the calendars.

JUNE 23, 2006

CHIMPY GOT ONE RIGHT.

Well done.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warham
[B]That list Lounge wrote up is pretty small compared to the one I could write for Clinton.

Small potatoes.

I listed 2,500 dead in Iraq in my list, and you called it SMALL POTATOES.

FUCKING BACK PEDDLING PIECE OF SHIT.

LoungeMachine
07-01-2006, 01:22 AM
20,000 MEMBERS ON THIS SITE, AND YOU'RE THE BIGGEST LIAR AMONG THEM, WARBOT.

Cathedral
07-01-2006, 03:24 AM
Quid Pro Quo, BT.

SS
Medicare

Oh yeah, he's done a smash up job here, and because of the changes made to SS and Medicare by the Bush Administration, if your spouse dies they can come after you to recover money spent by Medicare and/or Medicaide.
And THEY determine if it is an appropriate situation.

Damn the will, damn the beneficiaries of a life insurance policy, damn trust funds set up by parents for their children, damn the family in grief.

Oh yeah, I love my fucking country, baby....what-the-fuck-ever.

Warham
07-01-2006, 05:47 PM
OKAY, YOU LYING, LOWLIFE PIECE OF SHIT........

I listed 2,500 dead in Iraq in my list, and you called it SMALL POTATOES.

FUCKING BACK PEDDLING PIECE OF SHIT.

I said the LIST was small potatoes, nimrod. The contents of the list were never mentioned.

Warham
07-01-2006, 05:49 PM
20,000 MEMBERS ON THIS SITE, AND YOU'RE THE BIGGEST LIAR AMONG THEM, WARBOT.

Hey Lounge,

Could you call me Warham once in a while, or are you a juvenile?

DEMON CUNT
07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Neocons don't give a shit about those 2500 deaths. Their own pride is #1. That's why they cannot ever admit to being wrong.

LoungeMachine
07-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I said the LIST was small potatoes, nimrod. The contents of the list were never mentioned.

LMMFAO:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What pray tell, is the difference between a LIST, and the "contents" of a list???????

Fucking typical BACKPEDDLING from you.

Jesus H Christ.

That is exactly why you'll forever be called WARBOT.

I can't wait to hear your explanation.

The LIST was "small potatoes.......

But the CONTENTS of the list WASN'T small potatoes.....

LMMFAO

dickhead.

blueturk
07-02-2006, 11:54 AM

Warbot thinks (to use the term loosely) more like his wool-covered leader all the time....

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." —George W. Bush, in response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Cathedral
07-03-2006, 12:08 AM
It really is pointless to attack people who think, feel, and believe differently.
There is evidence to prove points on both sides that another side may not believe but, who's to say who is actually right or wrong?

The truth is, only those in power who are in the driver's seat know their true motivations, not the pawns who have been manipulated by a two party system that has ultimately led to a dangerous seperation in what has made this country strong.

It isn't those of us here on a message board, or in the streets of YOUR town USA that have driven that wedge between us...it's those in power who only cater to their own base while leaving the other half out in the cold.

No matter which party you support we all have to digest the good with the bad on either side.......Nobody is perfect.

Big Train
07-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Yup, this thread turned out just like I thought....:)

DEMON CUNT
07-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Yup, this thread turned out just like I thought....:)
Your Mommy must be so proud!

Big Train
07-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Yup, we are gonna pin this bullshit thread up on the fridge..

blueturk
07-03-2006, 12:15 PM
It's funny that the sheep have to applaud their leader for doing ONE THING right. Kind of like his speeches, when everybody applauds because he completed a coherent sentence. Or not...

"I think — tide turning — see, as I remember — I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of — it's easy to see a tide turn — did I say those words?" —George W. Bush, asked if the tide was turning in Iraq, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

Big Train
07-03-2006, 12:17 PM
It's also kinda funny that the other sheep can't stomach that he did one thing right and they can't argue about it.

FORD
07-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Let's remember how Chimpy REALLY feels about eminent domain laws, shall we.......

Back in 1989, Bush hauled in the moolah on the stadium built in Arlington, Texas for the Texas Rangers. What's interesting about this one is that the Texas legislature passed a bill allowing the private corporation that owned the Rangers to exercise eminent domain, normally a power reserved for public entities.

We're all pretty familiar with condemnation for public projects. It's what the Army Corps of Engineers does to build flood-control dams or Municipalities do to construct water mains or Highway Authorities do to obtain rights-of-way. In the Texas Rangers case the condemnation was on behalf of a handful of private individuals, one of whom was George W.

This surprising form of socialism with baseball teams condemning private property for new stadiums is now quite common in the US. It had a particularly sordid ring in the Texas deal.

This private corporation condemned not only enough land for a spanking new baseball stadium, but also took an additional 300 acres - yes 300 acres - of surrounding land for commercial development. Arlington residents floated most of the package with jacked-up taxes. These paid for the bonds needed to buy the land. It seems that our no-tax President wasn't ideologically opposed to increasing taxes if it padded his own bank account.

The padding was generous: Bush made out like a bandit with his initial investment of $640,000 zooming to a cool $15.4 million in 1998 when he sold out.
Link (http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=100228)

Big Train
07-03-2006, 03:24 PM
What's that got to do with now? Apparently he doesn't REALLY feel that way, or at least currently.

FORD
07-03-2006, 03:42 PM
The BCE does NOTHING without a political motivation.

If Chimpy changed that law, he did that for a reason that benefitted him personally or politically. And since his political career is over, for all intents and purposes, then it must have been to cover his own ass.

I have heard that there were people inspired by the Supreme Court decision who were thinking of developing a "boys ranch" on a certain piece of property near Crawford Texas. Maybe it wasn't just a rumor?

blueturk
07-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The BCE does NOTHING without a political motivation.

If Chimpy changed that law, he did that for a reason that benefitted him personally or politically. And since his political career is over, for all intents and purposes, then it must have been to cover his own ass.

I have heard that there were people inspired by the Supreme Court decision who were thinking of developing a "boys ranch" on a certain piece of property near Crawford Texas. Maybe it wasn't just a rumor?

This IS an election year. I put this in with the failed gay marriage and flag-burning amendments as an attempt by Dubya to salvage some votes for the GOP. Except that to everyone's surprise, this deal actually made sense.

Warham
07-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Warbot thinks (to use the term loosely) more like his wool-covered leader all the time....

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." —George W. Bush, in response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Been using those chain e-mails again?

You don't have to think much at all when you are copying and pasting all the time.

Warham
07-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Neocons don't give a shit about those 2500 deaths. Their own pride is #1. That's why they cannot ever admit to being wrong.

Warham
07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
LMMFAO:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What pray tell, is the difference between a LIST, and the "contents" of a list???????

Fucking typical BACKPEDDLING from you.

Jesus H Christ.

That is exactly why you'll forever be called WARBOT.

I can't wait to hear your explanation.

The LIST was "small potatoes.......

But the CONTENTS of the list WASN'T small potatoes.....

LMMFAO

dickhead.

Dude, you've been calling me Warbot for about three days now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's been forever.

Warham
07-04-2006, 02:16 PM

asshole.

Why would I hate US servicemen, Lounge? I have many vets in my family, including some that are disabled. My father served, my uncles have served, my grandfather served.

Why would I hate our troops? Care to explain yourself?

LoungeMachine
07-05-2006, 02:16 AM

Why would I hate our troops? Care to explain yourself?

Sure, just as soon as you explain the difference between you calling a "list" small potatoes, as opposed to the "contents of a list" small potatoes :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

moron.

Warham
07-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Sure, just as soon as you explain the difference between you calling a "list" small potatoes, as opposed to the "contents of a list" small potatoes :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

moron.

I scrolled down that list you pulled off from some liberal blog or website, only counting how many different things you had, then said I could make a bigger list for Clinton.

Why are you even bringing up whether I care or not about US servicemen deaths when Clinton was responsible for many as well? Isn't one life too many? Or do you libs like to count them up like frequent flyer miles? The economy was good back then, so we can brush those under the rug, right?

Like I told you before, my father served in Vietnam, and he's considered 100% disabled, so I think your full of shit when you ramble on about how I 'don't care' about vets.

LoungeMachine
07-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I scrolled down that list you pulled off from some liberal blog or website, only counting how many different things you had, then said I could make a bigger list for Clinton.

LMMFAO

I made the list off the top of my head, WarBOT. It doesn't require the use of a "liberal blog or website" to acknowledge the failures of this administration.

You would, however, most likely need the aid of www.oreilly.com or www.rushonviagra.com to come up with a list of accomplishments :D

And as the list was quick, and off the top of my head, the list was FAR FROM COMPLETE you fucking moron.

The mere fact that looking at the state of this country RIGHT NOW you can say that 92-2000 was worse than 2001-2006 is mind numbing at best.

Is it any wonder you are so widely mocked and derided in here?

What a tool.

LoungeMachine
07-05-2006, 10:16 AM

, only counting how many different things you had, then said I could make a bigger list for Clinton.

You can count?

Still doesn't explain how part of MY list was the 2,500++ dead servicemen in Iraq so far, and YOU calling it "small potatoes"

disgusting.:mad:

Warham
07-06-2006, 08:13 AM

You can count?

Still doesn't explain how part of MY list was the 2,500++ dead servicemen in Iraq so far, and YOU calling it "small potatoes"

disgusting.:mad:

I see you selectively pulled what you wanted from what I wrote.

Typical.