PDA

View Full Version : Yngwie or Malmsteen?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Who shreds the fastest, has the most style? WHO KICKS THE OTHER ONE'S ASS?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-26-2006, 03:58 AM
All I gotta say, the Trilogy Suite Instrum kills Eruption.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-26-2006, 04:29 AM
i meant to say, Yngwie or Eddie Van Halen!

MAPRamone
06-26-2006, 04:58 AM
I voted Eddie because of his past achievements. Currently ofcourse Yngwie wins hands down.

Last_Child
06-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Couldn't Care Less.

bueno bob
06-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by MAPRamone
I voted Eddie because of his past achievements. Currently ofcourse Yngwie wins hands down.

Ditto that...although I voted Malmsteen to spice it up...

binnie
06-26-2006, 07:48 AM
In terms of speed, can't think of anyone who tops Malmsteen.

But shreadings about more than that so I voted Eddie.

bueno bob
06-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Speed, tone and clarity...in a live setting, playing at Malmsteen's speed and keeping it CLEAR and cohesive...Yngwie's untouchable by anyone in those regards...

I like to think of Yngwie as a walking textbook of what CAN be done...and (classic) Ed as more of the guy who you'd listen to and think to yourself "Jesus Christ! What the fuck was THAT?!?", and rewind it several times shaking your head with wonder and amazement...

As a songwriter, I like Yngwie for what he does...and of course I like Ed for what he does...and what they do are two separate things entirely...so I can't pick one over the other, because there's nothing to really judge one against the other on...

Plug them in together TODAY and Yngwie'll make Ed look like an amateur...which is sad to say...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Speed, tone and clarity...in a live setting, playing at Malmsteen's speed and keeping it CLEAR and cohesive...Yngwie's untouchable by anyone in those regards...

I like to think of Yngwie as a walking textbook of what CAN be done...and (classic) Ed as more of the guy who you'd listen to and think to yourself "Jesus Christ! What the fuck was THAT?!?", and rewind it several times shaking your head with wonder and amazement...

As a songwriter, I like Yngwie for what he does...and of course I like Ed for what he does...and what they do are two separate things entirely...so I can't pick one over the other, because there's nothing to really judge one against the other on...

Plug them in together TODAY and Yngwie'll make Ed look like an amateur...which is sad to say...

That's not saying anything! Did you see Ed doing Jump with the country star?

BrownSound1
06-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Shawn Lane was every bit as fast, if not faster than Yngwie.

Of course if we're talking who's faster Yngwie or Ed, then it is definitely Yngwie. Faster doesn't always mean better though. I have to deduct points from Yngwie because he ripped off the whole Ritchie Blackmore thing...including his stage outfits.

Ed, while a drunken idiot now, did more for rock guitar than Yngwie did, and quite honestly plays with a hell of a lot more feeling.

Seshmeister
06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

As a songwriter, I like Yngwie for what he does...

There's a sentence you don't see too often.:)

I worry about your songwriting.

Dave's Bitch
06-26-2006, 10:17 PM
lol Yngwie or Malmsteen

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
lol Yngwie or Malmsteen

LOL when i made this thread i was so fucking tired.

Who's faster than Malmsteen?

EASY! www.angelo.com
Michael Angelo Batio.