PDA

View Full Version : this is really freaky!

franksters
06-27-2006, 01:55 PM
This thing is pretty fucked up...

anyway let me know what you think of it, I kinda see where it's going, but how does it get in your head....I don't have a clue...

http://www.milaadesign.com/wizardy.html

Coyoteface
06-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Here is my guess. I tried it like...10 times. Sometimes I got a symbol close to the symbol I was staring at.

And then I looked closer. All symbols are used multiple times. I think you are always bound to get the right symbol or the one next to it.

Funny though.

VAN HLN CA
06-27-2006, 02:08 PM
shit....WTF is this Vodoo???

Last night was lloking at discs and both TOOL & Disturbed are really into digits. 10,000 Days & 10,000 Fists. Sams should change to 10,000 bitches.

franksters
06-27-2006, 02:15 PM
I know that the symbols are repetitiv but how does it know which one you've picked...

Mighty Mouse
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
No matter what number you pick, it will always turn out to be a multiple of 9.

For each round, the symbol for each multiple of 9 (e.g., 9, 18, 27, 36, etc.) is the same. So, for round 1, the symbol might be the squiggly water lines. For round 2, it might be the omega sign. So, the symbol changes each round, but whatever symbol it is, it it's the same for each multiple of 9 in that round.

franksters
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Mighty Mouse
No matter what number you pick, it will always turn out to be a multiple of 9.

For each round, the symbol for each multiple of 9 (e.g., 9, 18, 27, 36, etc.) is the same. So, for round 1, the symbol might be the squiggly water lines. For round 2, it might be the omega sign. So, the symbol changes each round, but whatever symbol it is, it it's the same for each multiple of 9 in that round.

Extremely clever, but still how does it always fall on the symbol you picked...there are still quite a few?

1984dlrvh12
06-28-2006, 12:13 AM
man that was awsome and a little bit wierd.

Ally_Kat
06-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by franksters
Extremely clever, but still how does it always fall on the symbol you picked...there are still quite a few?

Like he said, on all the multiple of 9 is the same symbol. Just go thru it without even adding any numbers. Look at the symbol that is on 9. That is the same symbol you will see repeated on every number divisble by 9 (18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, etc).

Why? They have you only picking a two-digit number. Every answer is going to be a multiple of 9.

11 -- 1+1 = 2 / 11-2 = 9
99 -- 9+9 = 18 / 99-18 = 81

DlocRoth
06-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Like he said, on all the multiple of 9 is the same symbol. Just go thru it without even adding any numbers. Look at the symbol that is on 9. That is the same symbol you will see repeated on every number divisble by 9 (18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, etc).

Why? They have you only picking a two-digit number. Every answer is going to be a multiple of 9.

11 -- 1+1 = 2 / 11-2 = 9
99 -- 9+9 = 18 / 99-18 = 81

Tomorrow I'll teach you how to be a lawyer. :)

Nicely done.

Ally_Kat
06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
woo hoo, I do love me some Law and Order!

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 03:03 AM
It doesn't...it missed my symbol entirely 6 times out of 10 attempts...

Just randomized selection of a symbol, and with repeating the same symbols so many times, out of 10 times, eventually it'll land on the one you're looking at.

Just a basic law of averages.

Ally_Kat
06-29-2006, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
It doesn't...it missed my symbol entirely 6 times out of 10 attempts...

Just randomized selection of a symbol, and with repeating the same symbols so many times, out of 10 times, eventually it'll land on the one you're looking at.

Just a basic law of averages.

You sure you're doing the math right? Because I KNOW this isn't just a basic law of averages. It's the multiple of 9 thing, like Mighty Mouse said first. And I know this because I spent a whole semester practicing tricks like this to get kids interested and involved with math.

Study the symbol field before it disappears. Why do you think it disappears so fast? To hide their trick.

So either you're not following the instructions, doing the math wrong, doing some other mistake, or lying because it's all simple math concepts.

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
You sure you're doing the math right? Because I KNOW this isn't just a basic law of averages. It's the multiple of 9 thing, like Mighty Mouse said first. And I know this because I spent a whole semester practicing tricks like this to get kids interested and involved with math.

Study the symbol field before it disappears. Why do you think it disappears so fast? To hide their trick.

So either you're not following the instructions, doing the math wrong, doing some other mistake, or lying because it's all simple math concepts.

No, none of the above.

It's magic...

:rolleyes:

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 05:01 AM
I'm not going to go on for hours about the mathmatics about it. What I said I said for simplicity. The major element to take away from my post is that it MISSED my chosen symbol 6 times out of 10 attempts.

There ya have it. Magic! :D

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 05:03 AM
If it's working for you guys...great...the directions are simple enough to follow...it's a non-working toss for me 60% of the time.

I'll run another ten attempts on it later on, but I doubt the result will be much different.

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 05:08 AM
Just tried it again, kept a track of my numbers.

Out of ten efforts:

10 complete misses by the computer. Nowhere even close to my symbols. 0% accuracy.

So...I guess I'm the exception that proves the rule...

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 05:19 AM
But now I have a headache from looking at all those dumb Satanic symbols...

:mad:

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 05:27 AM
I keep running this, and...I don't know why...I see the trick, yeah, and it SHOULD be working...

Sorry if I sound random...I'm working on this as I type...

Still getting the wrong symbols...hang on, trying something different here...maybe it IS me...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

NOW I see...I wasn't doing anything WRONG, per se....

Depressed as it makes me to admit it...

It looks as if I maybe need some glasses.

:(

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 05:28 AM
Sorry bout that.

Carry on while I look up an optometrist for tomorrow... :(

Ally_Kat
06-29-2006, 12:12 PM
so wait, what the hell was going on?

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
What was going on is that my eyes are fucked and I was picking the wrong symbols for the right numbers...because I guess I don't see up close as well as used to these days.

Sorry... :)

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 12:24 PM
I finally saw that I wasn't picking the right symbols for the numbers once I backed my eyes up from the screen a bit...tried on some reading glasses that were laying around, ran the same numbers and it hit 100% of the time...

So, yes - my bad...but I have "old age" and "encroaching blindness" to blame for it...

Ally_Kat
06-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Don't worry. I'm nearsighted and I still need my glasses to look at the computer. It's nothing but trouble when I take these glasses off. And I'm young!