PDA

View Full Version : Keith Richards To Star in 'Pirates III'

DrMaddVibe
06-27-2006, 07:48 PM
06/27/2006 2:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Dotmusic

Keith Richards will star in the third Pirates Of The Caribbean film, it has been confirmed.

The Rolling Stones legend was scheduled to appear in the imminent second instalment of the movie series, as the father of Johnny Depp's character Captain Jack Sparrow.

However, filming for Dead Man's Chest went ahead without him as the Stones took their Bigger Bang tour around the world.

At a press gathering for the new movie this weekend in Beverly Hills, it was confirmed by producer Jerry Bruckheimer and writer Ted Elliot that Richards will star in the third movie, At World's End.

Bruckheimer, joking about the recent fall from a coconut tree in Fiji was saw Keith undergo brain surgery, said: "I think we worked out some dates, as long as he doesn't fall out of any more trees."

Meanwhile, Elliot commented: "Keith Richards was never intended to be in Pirates II. He is supposed to be in III. Johnny wanted him in but there was just no room in the story in II. But there is in III. According to the press, he's in he's out he's in he's out, I honestly think people made that up."

Douglas T.
06-27-2006, 10:10 PM
"Hold on Capt'n I'll get ya that coconut!"

Hardrock69
06-28-2006, 04:13 PM
I was wondering what happened with that.

I think he is perfect as Captain Sparrow's Dad.

This oughta be interesting.

Mr Grimsdale
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
hurrah!

PHOENIX
06-29-2006, 08:39 PM
I hear there's a scene where a drunk pirate falls out of a coconut tree.

Matt White
06-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I hear there's a scene where a drunk pirate falls out of a coconut tree.

He's been perfecting that scene for 40+ years!!!:cool:

DrMaddVibe
07-01-2006, 09:46 AM
STUNT DOUBLE!

Shaun Ponsonby
07-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm looking forward to it, considering Depp (probably one of the best actors in the world-he pulls of a grate performance in Ed Wood, probably his most underrated film) based the character on Keef, because "pirates were like the rockstars of their day, and whose the greatest rockstar in the world? Its Keith Richards".

Wasn't Depp in a VH tribute band when he was younger?

DrMaddVibe
07-01-2006, 09:51 AM
No...that was 21 Jumpstreet

FORD
07-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Don't know whether or not Keith is a pirate, but don't you dare try to take over his stage.....
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv5oR-sv1tY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv5oR-sv1tY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
......unless you want your skull cracked open like a coconut.

DlocRoth
07-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Nice.

He picked up right where he left off.....