PDA

View Full Version : Bush Jogs With Wounded Soldier

frets5150
06-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Bush Jogs With Wounded Soldier
By JENNIFER LOVEN, AP

WASHINGTON (June 28) - President Bush took a jog Tuesday with a soldier who lost part of both legs in Iraq, following through on a bedside promise even the president had doubts about at the time.
Despite a slight drizzle, Bush and Staff Sgt. Christian Bagge took a slow jog around a spongy track that circles the White House's South Lawn. About halfway through their approximately half-mile run, Bush and Bagge paused briefly for reporters.

"He ran the president into the ground, I might add," Bush said, as the two gripped hands in an emotional, lengthy shake. "But I'm proud of you. I'm proud of your strength, proud of your character."

The president met the soldier on a New Year's Day visit to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, where Bagge had been recuperating from his injuries for months. Bagge, now 23 and a native of Eugene, Ore., was in a convoy hit by roadside bombs a year ago in the remote Iraq desert south of Kirkuk.

Bagge's left leg was amputated just above the ankle, and his right leg ends just above the knee.
He told Bush during their January visit that he wanted to run with him. Bush was an avid runner who had mostly traded the activity for mountain biking in the last couple of years because of knee problems.

"I looked at him, like, you know, there's an optimistic person," Bush said. "It's an amazing sight for me to be running with a guy who, last time I saw him, was in bed wondering whether or not - I was wondering whether or not he'd ever get out of bed."

But, the president added, in tribute to the hard work Bagge did to realize this goal, "There was no doubt in his mind that he would."

"It's a privilege," commented Bagge, who had changed in the Oval Office into a special set of prosthetic legs that he uses to jog.

And then the pair took off for the remainder of their run.

06/28/06 00:44 EDT

Gee this guy was led into a BULLSHIT WAR BY Chimp got his legs blown off then jogs with him? What an Asshole.I wonder what they disscussed the oil situation over there? I wonder where Jen and Tonic were with all there legs Fuckin Bastards

:o

Warham
06-28-2006, 12:43 PM
If he didn't jog with him, you'd bitch about that as well, right?

Let's just clear the air before we continue.

frets5150
06-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Warham
If he didn't jog with him, you'd bitch about that as well, right?

Let's just clear the air before we continue.

WRONG..... NEXT
:mad:

Warham
06-28-2006, 01:04 PM
You guys can't have it both ways, ya know.

frets5150
06-28-2006, 01:12 PM
You guys can't have it both ways, ya know.

WTF are you talking about it was noting more than a Photo-Op...
If Chimpie really gave two shits he wouldn't have sent this guy into a battle.So now he jogs with him and all is better.Why did there have to be cameras present? I didn't know you needed cameras to jog...:rolleyes:

Warham
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
WTF are you talking about it was noting more than a Photo-Op...
If Chimpie really gave to shit he wouldn't have sent this guy into a battle.So now he jogs with him and all is better.Why did there have to be cameras present? I didn't know you needed cameras to jog...:rolleyes:

Who said it was 'all better'?

And since when does sending troops into battle mean that you don't care about them?
I suppose Lincoln didn't care about sending Northern troops into battle, or FDR didn't care when he sent the guys over to Normandy?

Are you really trying to stretch it this far?

frets5150
06-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I feel better now

:D

Warham
06-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, I'm glad you feel better now.

frets5150
06-28-2006, 01:27 PM

And since when does sending troops into battle mean that you don't care about them?

WHEN IT'S A BULLSHIT WAR AND YOU WON'T SEND YOUR OWN KIDS TO FIGHT NEXT.

I suppose Lincoln didn't care about sending Northern troops into battle, or FDR didn't care when he sent the guys over to Normandy?

I COULD GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT LINCOLN THAT'S THE PAST WE ARE TALKIN ABOUT RIGHT NOW.

:rolleyes:

FORD
06-28-2006, 01:45 PM

You're the one stretching it. Lincoln and FDR had to send troops into battle. Chimp didn't. He CHOSE to do so, based on LIES that he and his treasonous America hating PNAC bastards made up.

Granted, the war Lincoln sent troops to was just as fucking stupid, when you think about what started it, but Lincoln did not start it, so he had no choice.

And FDR sent troops to Normandy to stop a genocidal dictator (funded by Chimpy's grandpa) which they did not long after that.

FDR never would have staged such a photo op either. Though in his case, prosthetics weren't nearly as high tech, so both he and the soldier would have been in wheel chairs.

bobgnote
06-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
Bush Jogs With Wounded Soldier
By JENNIFER, AP

WASHINGTON (June 28) - arfarf, Despite a slight drizzle, Bush and Staff Sgt. Christian Bagge took a slow jog around a spongy track that circles the White House's South Lawn. bowwow, "He ran the president into the ground, I might add," Bush said, as the two gripped hands in an emotional, lengthy shake. "But I'm proud of you. I'm proud of your strength, proud of your character."

Bagge, now 23 and a native of Eugene, Ore., was in a convoy hit by roadside bombs a year ago in the remote Iraq desert south of Kirkuk. Bagge's left leg was amputated just above the ankle, and his right leg ends just above the knee. He told Bush during their January visit that he wanted to run with him. Bush was an avid runner who had mostly traded the activity for mountain biking in the last couple of years because of knee problems. pantpantslobber,

"It's a privilege," commented Bagge, who had changed in the Oval Office into a special set of prosthetic legs that he uses to jog.

And then the pair took off . . .

06/28/06 00:44 EDT

Gee this guy was led into a BULLSHIT WAR BY Chimp got his legs blown off then jogs with him? What an Asshole.I wonder what they disscussed the oil situation over there? I wonder where Jen and Tonic were with all there legs Fuckin Bastards. :o

UNDER THE TREES, Chris Bagge of EUGENE, OREGON is enough presence, silent, for president Bush to KNOW, till d.d.u.p.

Note the Sarge parallel, so smarten up and FEED THE BIRDS, Summer or not. I like the pbj cut up, seed feeders, too.

IF you had been feeding the birds like Barney and I told you all your itty-bitty lives, or at least since LAST Summer here at Roth Army forums, you would be smarter than:

"You guys can't have it both ways, ya know."

That is how Conservatives win enough forensic strip poker against their demented forensic opponents, to thwart democracy, as a viable administrative system. We would ENDURE, but t.s.elliot to that and to WHORES who cannot legalize themselves before they Carmen S.D. their own infrastructure, with crosstown puta-shit.

Whores are like conservatives, punk-royalty, killing their own thrones, to find when they fall, YOU HOOKER-ASSHATS and dickbags trying to keep up but you are all stuipid in bad traffic ARE ONLY NEO-CON POSERURS, not for enduring wealth or even long-term survival.

FYI BBB, there are SHITLOADS of ways THOSE GUYS can have 'it.' What happened here, they missed. Shoot it for them, if you are so brain-straight your life shoulda been a movie, but NOOO, you're a media hooker, so this is a thread that hangs until I get here.

GW gets to know some folks are going to think, what a goddam dirtbag GW Bush is, for putting up two wars that MUST come to a sudden funding impasse, within another year or two. Our public schools will similarly fail at funding AND by accumulated illegal interest.

THAT means get the hell off campus and ONLINE. You are illegally interested in your campus real estate and all illegal agendas, there.
You are ILLEGALLY FUNDED. The labor deals are illegal in all directions, since 2001.

BRAC happened, while ALL GOVERNMENT AND CORPORATE MEDIA HID THE ILLEGAL POWER COSTS, spun up by the California deals. Without sprcificity OR relief of bad faith in California, the several states are seditious, BRAC is illegal. Congress and the President, with illegally interested state legislatures and administrations, must relieve FRAUD.

We may not so fund ISRAEL, simultaneoulsy enabling the shooting of Rabin, the undermining of Oslo, the reinforcement of illegal settlers, AND THEN ASSERT OVERTLY ILLEGAL INFLATION, FROM ILLEGAL, LONG-TERM POWER DEALS. Or maybe you have not heard of Islamic JUSTICE, manifested by the occasional airplanes into buildings and bombings, by those who KNOW suicide over time must teach Americans and others who survive, SUFFICIENT ETHICS, to interact, much less DOMINATE AND DICTATE, which is what ugly Americans do.

Bush had to get under the TREES, with rehabbing Chris Bagge. Bush had to THINK, are those birds and squirrels saying, 'DIRTBAG?' YES!

Shuttup if you liberals or whatever aren't as smart as my SQUIRRELS. Don't take that too hard, Democrats, squirrels are your closest kin, up.