PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Guerrillas Offer Truce

Nickdfresh
06-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Iraq Insurgents Offer to Stop Attacks
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:53 PM EDT
The Associated Press (http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?ps=1012&id=12905994&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS)
By STEVEN R. HURST and QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) — Eleven Sunni insurgent groups have offered to halt attacks on the U.S.-led military if the Iraqi government and President Bush set a two-year timetable for withdrawing all foreign troops from the country, insurgent and government officials told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The demand is part of a broad offer from the groups, who operate north of Baghdad in the heavily Sunni Arab provinces of Salahuddin and Diyala. Although much of the fighting has been to the west, those provinces have become increasingly violent and the attacks there have regularly crippled oil and commerce routes.

The groups do not include the powerful Islamic Army in Iraq, Muhammad Army and the Mujahedeen Shura Council, the umbrella label for eight militant groups including al-Qaida in Iraq. But the new offer comes at a time when Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's government is reaching out to militant Sunnis, including a new amnesty plan for insurgent fighters.

Al-Maliki, in remarks broadcast on national television Wednesday, did not issue an outright rejection of the timetable demand but said it was unrealistic because he could not be certain when the Iraqi army and police would be strong enough to assume full responsibility for the country's security.

Eight of the 11 insurgent groups banded together to approach al-Maliki's government under the name of The 1920 Revolution Brigade. All 11, however, have issued identical demands, said the insurgent representatives and government officials.

The officials spoke on condition of anomymity because of the sensitivity of the information and for fear of retribution.

Redballjets88
06-28-2006, 05:56 PM
to bad they cant be trusted or this would be a good deal

Nickdfresh
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
to bad they cant be trusted or this would be a good deal

Yeah, I know. What a bunch of corrupt and evil bastards they are...

http://evilbushadministration.com/images/please%20help%20us%20our%20leaders

LoungeMachine
06-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Since when did we negotiate with "terrorists"?

Oh yeah.

Always have.

DEMON CUNT
06-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Oh yeah.

Always have.

You always negotiate with your business partners!

http://static.flickr.com/5/11005991_42afc5abaa_o.jpg

Leave it to the "terrorists" to try and negotiate. I will not apologize for any of the fucking "terrorists." Although, I will have to say that two-years is a fairly reasonable time frame.

bobgnote
06-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Leave it to the "terrorists" to try and negotiate. I will not apologize for any of the fucking "terrorists." Although, I will have to say that two-years is a fairly reasonable time frame. [/B]

If you can admit TWO YEARS is reasonable from an issues standpoint, you can be given benefit of the doubt, by Islam.

But if you are SO stupid, you do not notice your funding infrastructure has been shanked by the deregulated but still illegal power deals 2000-1, then you need a brain operation, which depleted cunts can find out about from Dr. Boner, su casa, por favor!

bobgnote
06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Leave it to the "terrorists" to try and negotiate. I will not apologize for any of the fucking "terrorists." Although, I will have to say that two-years is a fairly reasonable time frame. [/B]

When you reason that TWO years is necessary, you are not peaceful, but you are reasonable, for an ENEMY.

If you are peaceful AND smart, you would GET THE FUCK OUT OF IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, and PALESTINE, and QUIT FUNDING ISRAEL!!

Warham
06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Oh yeah.

Always have.

We haven't since Clinton was in the Oral Office.

bobgnote
06-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Clinton negotiated with his DICK.

GW negotiates with FUCK. There's an album titile.