PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Copies Dave!

Douglas T.
06-29-2006, 06:58 PM
"Throughout the song, Hagar showered those close to the stage with Waboritas--a margarita-like drink made with Hagar's own Cabo Wabo-brand tequila--"

http://www.livedaily.com/reviews/Live_Review_Sammy_Hagar_in_Gilford_NH-10322.html?t=97

Douglas T.
06-29-2006, 07:04 PM
..and he replaces the Midget with:

"-- three bikini-clad waitresses who kept the singer well oiled throughout the show, answering the call with a fresh drink in hand every time he hollered "Waitress!"

thome
06-29-2006, 07:51 PM
It's a move that is probably more lucrative in the long run, since each concert is two parts rock show, one part Cabo Wabo tequila commercial. To wit: at the end of "Mas Tequila," a giant piņata in the shape of a Cabo Wabo-tequila bottle was lowered from the rafters; Hagar struck it with a guitar to reveal a burst of confetti and a giant faux-worm.

I would say this reviewer got the -parts- backwards from what i read.

BITEYOASS
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
It should read: A giant worm struck it with a guitar to reveal a burst of confetti and a faux-VH singer! :D

FORD
06-29-2006, 08:29 PM
"The Van Halen extravaganza ended with "Best of Both Worlds," one of several cuts that showcased Anthony's upper-register background vocals--which, next to Eddie Van Halen's guitar, are the signature sound of the Van Halen catalog."

Uh........... FUCK NO, Mr Jon Zahlaway......

You see, while Mikey's backing vocals are indeed a component of the Van Halen "signature sound", as is Eddie's guitar, you won't get much sound out of your "components" unless they're plugged into a decent amplifier.

And the one necessary to get the best sound out of these "components" wasn't made by the Cabo Wabo tequila company.

ELVIS
06-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Why are we reading hagar reviews here ??

:mad2:

Douglas T.
06-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Because it's ironic how Poodleheads show seems to mimic DAVES antics! I figure it is worthy a good laff!

Douglas T.
06-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Also there was discusion of what his setlist was going to consist of!

Douglas T.
06-29-2006, 09:53 PM
....and they mentioned DAVE!