PDA

View Full Version : Lois Lane is dead......here is her obituary....

Hardrock69
06-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Miss Lane went to visit in Trent
Got lonely (so the article went)
They found her quite dead
With a hole in her head
It seems she went down on Clark Kent......

:D

bueno bob
06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I was expecting to see an obit for Margot Kidder...

:D

Hardrock69
06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Man that chick is messed up.

I saw a bio of her on biography channel the other night.

She is manic/depressive, and has suffered a great deal from it.

And it shows.

She was hot back in the 70s, but age and insanity have clearly taken their toll.....

bueno bob
06-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Yup...

She turned in a really good performance in Smallville, though...

Hardrock69
06-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Yeah they showed some clips from that.

Glad she has been able to continue her acting career.

bueno bob
06-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Well...admittedly, she's pretty much typecast as Lois Lane at this point...

ULTRAMAN VH
07-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Anyone notice the second Lois Lane from the 50's tv series at the beginning of Superman Returns?? And the bartender was Jimmy Olson from the George Reeves era Superman also.

sadaist
07-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
but age and insanity have clearly taken their toll.....

Sounds like a guitarist I know of.

Hardrock69
07-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I saw the clip of the original Jimmy Olsen guy in the new flick.

I am gonna go see the movie on Monday or Tuesday....

Cathedral
07-01-2006, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Anyone notice the second Lois Lane from the 50's tv series at the beginning of Superman Returns?? And the bartender was Jimmy Olson from the George Reeves era Superman also.

I missed the 50's Lois Lane cameo in the film, but i caught Jack Larson as the bar tender.

The movie was pretty damn good, i saw it yesterday in IMAX 3-D.
I expected it to suck royally, but it was worth the money.

It could have been better, more Lex Luther scenes, and i didn't care for the little prison-esque scene...It freaked my daughter out a bit.

But it was a good film in my opinion.

bueno bob
07-01-2006, 04:02 AM
I was...disappointed with it...I thought they could have done a ton more, and I really dislike Routh in the role...that's just me...

Long time no see, Cat.

ULTRAMAN VH
07-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I am really mixed on the movie. For one thing, Singer could have trimmed the time down. It is not nice to make someone sit for almost 3 hours. Superman 1 and 2 got the point across strongly in a 2 hour time frame. The special effects were top notch. Although there was alot of posing by The Man Of Steel, I got some goose bumbs when he stepped out of the plane and the crowd went nuts.
Lois Lane through out the years has always been a scrappy tough kick ass reporter. I have the 1st season of The Adventures Of Superman and the actress who played Lois was slugging it out with mobsters. By the way if anyone is a retro tv nut like I am, I highly recommend The Adventures Of Superman on dvd. Seasons 123 and 4 have all been released. Anyway Miss Lane was mis cast for the latest flick she was a really disapointing Lois Lane. This probably bothered no one else, but it bothered me. When Perry White was mounting a game plan with his reporters he said Superman stands for Truth Justice and all that other stuff. Other Stuff???????? Why could they not just say AMERICAN WAY. It really pissed me off. Superman has always stood for TRUTH JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY. When did that become taboo. I am really fed up with PC. Over all the movie was entertaining, but it did not hold a candle to Superman 1 and 2.

bueno bob
07-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I have a 4 page thread dedicated to the movie down in the Sheep Pen...feel free to add your review there, if you like...

bueno bob
07-01-2006, 12:28 PM
And for the record...while I didn't exactly think it was a piece of crap, per se...I didn't think it was too much better...

ppg960
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I never cared much for her even in Superman.
Now, she looks like hell.

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Bing, bam, boom!