PDA

View Full Version : The Travelling Purple-Berries??

FORD
06-29-2006, 11:08 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ND7wSZj-L0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ND7wSZj-L0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tom Petty & Jeff Lynne lead this Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Performance (2004) featuring one Hell of a finale by that guy who used to use a dumb symbol for his name.

And yes, that is George's kid standing right behind Petty. He was reportedly overwhelmed by Prince's performance and thought dad would have approved.

Douglas T.
06-30-2006, 08:37 AM
AWESOME! PRINCE always amazes me! I got chikin' skin(goosebumps) listening to that! Even his disappearing guitar trick at the end!

George's son really takes on his likeness!

DrMaddVibe
06-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Anyone that goofs on Prince should listen to "The Crystal Ball" release.

Douglas T.
07-01-2006, 10:40 AM
I keep finding my way back here to listen to that solo again!

Last_Child
07-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Holy Shit!

Nice SolO!

bueno bob
07-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Prince is a genius...I've been saying that for years...

sadaist
07-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Jesus Christ! Prince shredded there.

binnie
07-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Yep, I can't think of anyone who blends more types and styles of music into one unique sound.

He plays around 30 musical instruments, writes and produces most of his own stuff, and in the ld days recorded just about everything too.

Most people love Purple Rain and Sign of the Times the most, and while I think they are the pinnacle of his career, I always prefered the really early records "Prince" "Dirty Mind" and "Controversy".

Great feel good music!

A damn can he play guitar!

sadaist
07-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Quite the showman too. Sounds like another great frontman we all know.

Roy Munson
07-03-2006, 10:18 AM
I've seen this a million times and it never gets old.

I went to see Prince back in '94 at his club in Minneapolis. It was an unannounced show. Well, they started announcing it at 5pm for a 9pm show!

I decided to try to go and was lucky enough to get a ticket.

Wow.

He played for 2 1/2 hours and only played two songs that I knew..."Most Beautiful Girl in the World" and "Pussy Control." The rest of the show was rock/funk songs that he had written that had never made it to wax. He played his guitar like a man posessed that night. I was front row and it was hugely inspiring for me as a guitar player.

He ended the show that night with a 15 minute jam of "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" by The Allman Bros. I'm getting goosebumps again while I'm typing this just thinking about it.

Oh, and one more thing...

He was dressed in this lace outfit that was like a skin tight jumpsuit. I didn't think much of it until he came over to my side of the stage. I was about 3 feet from him. The lace outfit was see-through and he was wearing NO UNDERSHORTS!! Yes, I happened to get a look at Prince's schlong. Good Lord...

:rolleyes:

ThrillsNSpills
07-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I always wondered how that fucker signs his autograph?

a bunch of hieroglyphics then a symbol ?

the artist formally known as the artist formally known as Prince..

If he keeps having label issues and makes music for decades there could be no end to that name..

Mr. Vengeance
07-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Fucking fantastic! Prince is a musical genius. He just is. Period.

DlocRoth
07-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

There it is right there.....

P can play ANY instrument, and by play I mean straight fuck it up. 6 or 7 years ago me and my peoples would go down to Paisley Park and see his impromptu shows. He'd go on at like 2 AM and just rip ass for a couple hours....

Some nights you got the hits, some nights he'd just jam. His funk shit is amazing!

And what's better, he'd take turns playing all of the instruments during songs, with his band switching off all in time. Just unbelievable.

But what do you expect from the man who invented Morris Day and the Time? :)

The one downside to those shows though...

Like I said, it's 2 AM, I'm hammered, and Prince allows no cigs or alcohol on the premesis......

Other than that...SPOT ON!!