PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights: THE FUCKING SERIES!

Unchainme
07-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Okay having played High School Football, I love the sport and everything that has to do with it, I've probably seen every football movie, tv show, Video Game book, made on this planet. Oh, and I love watching every fucking level of the sport as well High School, College, Arena, NFL. Anyways It seems like NBC is making a series based on the greatest Football book of all time and one of the greatest football movies of all time FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!

Friday Night Lights is a television drama airing on NBC. The series will debut in September 2006 and will air on Tuesday evenings. NBC has ordered an initial 12 episodes. The program will also air on both Global and CH in Canada.

Profile/Synopsis

The series is "inspired by" the book and the movie Friday Night Lights, not based on it. Set in current times, the action takes place in fictional Dillon. The fictional Dillon football field and Dillon High are the main settings, but Friday Night Lights also will be about families, friendships, dreams, hardships, and heartbreaks.
[edit]

Filming

The City of Austin, Texas, announced in a news conference that Friday Night Lights will be filmed in and around Austin. "The impact will be great, and the potential for more will be great," said Gary Bond, director of the Austin Film Commission. "It's going to mean better than $1.5 million in new cash per episode coming into cash registers all over town." The production will gear up in early August 2006 and continue into December 2006. The network expects to hire hundreds of local professionals, from set building carpenters to production people to extras who will play ordinary citizens. The total cash infusion to the city is expected to be more than $20 million. Peter Berg, who directed the 2004 movie based on H.G. "Buzz" Bissinger's 1990 book Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream, about Odessa's fabled Permian High School football team, filmed the pilot in Austin in February 2006. The pilot, with football scenes filmed at Pflugerville High School's Kuempel Stadium, features guest appearances by Longhorns coach Mack Brown and Westlake High School coach Derek Long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_Night_Lights_%28TV_series%29

I'm hoping this goes well, I'll be watching every fucking time It comes on.

You know what else is funny I kept bitching about how MTV should quit showing fucking reality shows about fucking rich bitches and shoot a Reality High School Football show. Guess what? They're making it :).

Unchainme
07-01-2006, 09:17 PM
BTW, Anyone else played football on this board?

Unchainme
07-02-2006, 12:18 AM
No One else Is intrested as I am?

EbDawson
07-02-2006, 12:51 AM
I played high school football in Texas and in college I played with a guy who was from Odessa Permian. A QB. This was about 4 years before the book came out.

The series, which I had heard about, looks like it could be promising. Hopefully they don't screw it up. I'll give it a look.

bueno bob
07-02-2006, 07:08 AM
I'll watch it.

twonabomber
07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

nope, i ran track.

you play in Ohio?

Unchainme
07-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
nope, i ran track.

you play in Ohio?

yup

MAX
07-02-2006, 10:42 PM

I did and loved every minute of it. I played from being a Gremlin in Pop Warner (fourth grade) all the way through Varsity (My senior year in highschool and I was a Defensive Captain) I was a strong safety, and played intramural in my frat whilst in college. I've also occasionally played on "flag" teams in inter-office games.

Unchainme
07-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I did and loved every minute of it. I played from being a Gremlin in Pop Warner (fourth grade) all the way through Varsity (My senior year in highschool and I was a Defensive Captain) I was a strong safety, and played intramural in my frat whilst in college. I've also occasionally played on "flag" teams in inter-office games.

The line was my are of expertise, though the funny thing was I'm not that big, I'm auctually under 200 pounds.

MAX
07-03-2006, 01:25 AM
The line was my are of expertise, though the funny thing was I'm not that big, I'm auctually under 200 pounds.

The line huh? WOW!!! Dude, you're nowhere near the size of the linemen we had. All of our guys (back then) were at least two fiddy. I'm 6'2" and was about 175 back then. Now I'm about 190. I used to be a fast fucker though and I loved to hit!!! Leveling dudes was fun.

BrownSound1
02-20-2007, 12:17 AM
I was a fullback....

I have two first cousins who attended Permian.

My son now plays high school ball, and he has to deal with Hoover High School (Two A Days).