PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning Tv Shows

jcook11
07-02-2006, 09:37 PM
What were some of the Sat. morning TV shows that you watched? Anyone rember Sigmund the sea monster, Liddsville, Land of the lost,or how about the gayest show of all ....SHAZAM. Billy and the old guy cruzing America in that winnebago. That Captain Marvel costume was the gayest of all time!

Terry
07-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Was an avid watcher of the various Superfriends cartoon series, even going as far back as when they had Wendy, some dog and this homo named Marvin who wore a cape; two putzes and a mutt who had no powers to speak of, and usually got stuck riding along with Batman and Robin...

Then onto Zan, Jana and Gleek [Wondertwin Powers ACTIVATE: Jana - "Form of...a kangaroo! (?)" Zan - "Shape of....a bucket of water! (?!?)"].

And finally, the Challenge of the Superfriends, battling the Legion Of Doom. This is around the time where the infant rumblings of PC began to surface, so you had lame characters like Apache Chief who could...make himself really tall...and didn't have a drinking or gambling problem...

And why the fuck did Aquaman always have to catch a ride with Wonder Woman to find a body of water to dive into when they travelled? And the lazy fucker used a damn jetski half the time anyway...

I loved that shit.

Also: Honk Kong Phooey, Goober and the Ghostbusters and Inch High:Private Eye.

Shazam sucked. You always knew Saturday morning was drawing to a close when he came on at 11:30.

Also: CBS 'In The News' breaks during the 'toons.

Spiderman and his Amazing Friends was really my last hurrah. Firestar was a hot, red-headed piece...but by then Bugs Bunny was kinda vanishing from the scene, Tom and Jerry began to talk and became firends...Scrappy Fucking Doo (ugh)

You know what I want? A, like, 4-disc set of old, classic Woody Wooodpecker cartoons. Only thing I can find is on the net, and it's a pirated Vhs-to-DVD amateur transfer boot going for $150 bucks.

Can't forget the Laff-A-Lympics.

jcook11
07-02-2006, 10:31 PM
LMFAO Terry, I had forgotten alot of those, How about Grape Ape, Schoolhouse Rock, Isus, The Bananna Splits, and Captain Caveman

DrMaddVibe
07-02-2006, 10:48 PM
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=13449

http://thehub.capcollege.bc.ca/~sstubbs/krofftsite/

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2926.html

DrMaddVibe
07-02-2006, 10:48 PM
What about Lancelot Link?

Matt White
07-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Oopsy the Clown....forgotten DETROIT ICON

Terry
07-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
LMFAO Terry, I had forgotten alot of those, How about Grape Ape, Schoolhouse Rock, Isus, The Bananna Splits, and Captain Caveman

LOVED Grape Ape (and the always underrated Beagly-Beagly).

Same for Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels...specially the club he had where the top of it opened up and a bird on a stick would pop out holding a candle whenever they were in a dark cave and needed a flashlight.

Schoolhouse Rock - classic.

Isus - can't remember it.

The Banana Splits, Sigmund (or was it Seymour?) and the Sea Monsters and the Land of the Lost I just could NOT ever get into, for some reason.

I used to fuckin' GROOVE on the Electric Company. Not that the show was on Saturday mornings...but I was totally entranced when those live-action Spidermans were on that show.

DrMaddVibe
07-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

HA!

Matt White
07-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
HA!

Aw S-N-A-P!!!!

Check out www.sirgravesghastly.com

THe MUSIC starts up

BRILLIANT

He's still alive too!

GOD BLESS SIR GRAVES:rockit2:

jcook11
07-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Ahh The Electric Company.....Morgan Freeman as "Easey Reader",
Sigmund, Liddsville, Land of the Lost, H.R.Puffensuff. Sid and Marty Kroft had to be smokin weed.

Matt White
07-02-2006, 11:21 PM
What were some of the Sat. morning TV shows that you watched? Anyone rember Sigmund the sea monster, Liddsville, Land of the lost,or how about the gayest show of all ....SHAZAM. Billy and the old guy cruzing America in that winnebago. That Captain Marvel costume was the gayest of all time!

CLASSIC

http://www.tvacres.com/images/sigmund_club.jpg

Anybody remember "Roundup" with the GRATE PAUL WINCHELL???

http://www.looptvandfilm.com/blog/winchell.jpg

jcook11
07-02-2006, 11:30 PM
How the fuck did "Billy" go from being a sixteen year old kid to a 30 something year old man. Why did he never go to school. What is up with traveling the country in a Winnebago with that old man. And that captain Marvel outfit had to be the fucking gayest costume of all time.....SHAZAM!

FORD
07-03-2006, 12:07 AM

Looks like a total ripoff of JP Patches to me......
http://www.jppatches.com/images/fear_01.jpg

More useless FORD trivia: Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons, is a graduate of The Evergreen State College here in Olympia. He has said in the past that JP Patches was his inspiration for Krusty the Klown.

jcook11
07-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
What about Lancelot Link?

Lance Link, FUCK that brings back memories....FORD has a new nickname for Dubya :monkey:

FORD
07-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Lance Link, FUCK that brings back memories....FORD has a new nickname for Dubya :monkey:

No, that wouldn't work. Lancelot Link was a smart chimp.

diamondsgirl
07-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Kaptain Kool and the Kongs :cool:

I had the hots for Michael Lembeck :D

blueturk
07-03-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm showing my age here, but Space Ghost was the shit!

Matt White
07-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Looks like a total ripoff of JP Patches to me......
http://www.jppatches.com/images/fear_01.jpg

More useless FORD trivia: Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons, is a graduate of The Evergreen State College here in Olympia. He has said in the past that JP Patches was his inspiration for Krusty the Klown.

How long ago was "patches" around?:confused:

That picture of Oopsy is from 1973...and he wasn't "new" then.............................

Coyote
07-03-2006, 03:46 PM
What were some of the Sat. morning TV shows that you watched?

A shitload of 'toons on Cartoon Network (via satellite, before it went "anime")

Scooby-Doo
Dynomutt
Wacky Races
The Mask
Classic Tex Avery-cartoons
Swat Kats (One of the coolest cartoons of the 90's, IMO)
Jonny Quest
2 Stupid Dogs
Secret Squirrel
Flintstones
Jetsons
etc, etc...

A decade back, if I wasn't shredding, I was watching cartoons...

FORD
07-03-2006, 03:55 PM
How long ago was "patches" around?:confused:

That picture of Oopsy is from 1973...and he wasn't "new" then.............................

JP Patches was on TV daily around here from 1958 to 1981. He still puts in the occasional appearance, even in his late 70's.

frets5150
07-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Lets see...
The Superfriends
Bugs with Yosemite Sam was the BEST
Hong Kong Phooey
Magilla Gorilla
The Flintstones
Captain Caveman
Land of the Lost
Speed Buggy's
Felix the Cat

:D

jcook11
07-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by blueturk

Wasn't the show called "Spaceghost and Frankenstein jr."

frets5150
07-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh shit how did I forgot
Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse

Remember the Frog who spoke in the gangster style of Edward G. Robinson.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/thefrog1.jpg

Mr. Vengeance
07-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah...there were a ton of great Saturday Morning cartoons...Which they don't have any longer. Yeah....kids want to watch news, you fucking retards!!!!

Speed Buggy
Bullwinkle
Yogi's Laugh- a- Lympics
New Shmoo/Flintstones Hour

Of course, there were the awful shitty cartoons once the video game age began, and they made all the shows about video games-

Pac Man
Donkey Kong...etc....

And don't foget those fantastic ABC "movies" that aired at noon. They were always live action and never as heavy as the Afternoon Special, but they always had a message. That usally led into the Baseball Bunch with Soupy Sales!

Mr. Vengeance
07-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah...there were a ton of great Saturday Morning cartoons...Which they don't have any longer. Yeah....kids want to watch news, you fucking retards!!!!

Speed Buggy
Bullwinkle
Yogi's Laugh- a- Lympics
New Shmoo/Flintstones Hour

Of course, there were the awful shitty cartoons once the video game age began, and they made all the shows about video games-

Pac Man
Donkey Kong...etc....

And don't foget those fantastic ABC "movies" that aired at noon. They were always live action and never as heavy as the Afternoon Special, but they always had a message. That usally led into the Baseball Bunch with Johnny Bench!

Matt White
07-03-2006, 05:43 PM
BATTLE OF THE PLANETS
http://www.hillcity-comics.com/anime/battle_planets_05.jpg

blueturk
07-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Wasn't the show called "Spaceghost and Frankenstein jr."

Actually it was "Space Ghost and Dino Boy in the Lost Valley". "Frankenstein Jr. & The Impossibles" came on a little later in the morning.

sadaist
07-03-2006, 10:29 PM
SUPER CHICKEN!!!!!!!

FORD
07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLSxzTmZK2Y"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLSxzTmZK2Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Skeletor & He Man sing the Misfits!

sadaist
07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Also the Popeye cartoons. People would send in a squiggle on a paper to the host and he would incorporate it into a Popeye drawing/sketch of some type. Then send it back to the kid.

Unchainme
07-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
A shitload of 'toons on Cartoon Network (via satellite, before it went "anime")

Scooby-Doo
Dynomutt
Wacky Races
The Mask
Classic Tex Avery-cartoons
Swat Kats (One of the coolest cartoons of the 90's, IMO)
Jonny Quest
2 Stupid Dogs
Secret Squirrel
Flintstones
Jetsons
etc, etc...

A decade back, if I wasn't shredding, I was watching cartoons...

Swat Kats 'twas the shit. They kicked major ass. They had like this guitar solo as opener, which I always thought was neat, Before I got into rock. I grew up around the new WB shit they came out with. Animaniacs, Pinky and the brain..etc. Back in the day, Cartoons auctually had a plot as well, Nowadays the goal is to be as obnoxious as possible.

sadaist
07-04-2006, 04:45 AM
Thunder Cats. I was stoned the first time that was on. I thought I was hallucinating cause I had never heard of them before.

Terry
07-04-2006, 06:31 PM
BATTLE OF THE PLANETS
http://www.hillcity-comics.com/anime/battle_planets_05.jpg

Battle Of The Planets rocked.

The one episode I remember most was when Zoltar got unmasked, and all you saw was a shot of him from behind, and this huge head of hair came out from behind the mask...we all wondered if Zoltar has been a chick from the get-go.

Figs
07-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Lancelot Link kicked ass. Liked Wacky Races too.

There were certainly a lot of pretty good cartoons in the 70's, but it was a wasteland for my favorite genre - superheroes. The 70's cartoons were rotten with comic-relief POS characters, Bat Mite, Hermie the Robot (FF), Wonder Twins, the goofy guy in Super-Friends and his dog. Shit, the name Super-Friends on it's own is gay, why not Justice League? They always managed to find a way to gay-it-up with practically every superhero.

Matt White
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Battle Of The Planets rocked.

The one episode I remember most was when Zoltar got unmasked, and all you saw was a shot of him from behind, and this huge head of hair came out from behind the mask...we all wondered if Zoltar has been a chick from the get-go.

LOL the ONE episode I never got to see!!!

indeedido
07-12-2006, 01:47 PM
This will test you memory. How about The Great Space Coaster? Get on board. No gnews, is good gnews, with Gary Gnu.

wychwood
10-28-2006, 06:27 AM

Actually it was "Space Ghost and Dino Boy in the Lost Valley". "Frankenstein Jr. & The Impossibles" came on a little later in the morning.

I'm 43 and I remember watching those cartoon when I was 2 or 3 years old. How 'bout the Herculoids and Jonny Quest. Man, those were the days.