PDA

View Full Version : The Answer

Shaun Ponsonby
07-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Saw 'em supporting Whitesnake. Pretty damn good. Singers got a great rock voice.

Anyones know anything aboot them?

binnie
07-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Nope, not really.

I know that their album has just been released and that it got great reivews in Kerrap and Classic Rock, but I'm not too sure what that means these days.

They are been hyped as "the saviours of British Rock", and whenever i hear that, i know the band ain't gonna deliver and want to strnagle the journalist who got my hopes up.

I heard one song by them, and whilst it wasn't gonna change nayones life, it was certainly a decent slab of hard rock.

Certainly worth checking out, although with all such bands (Roadstar -who were previously Hurricane Party, Wolfmother, Area 54, Beautiful Creatures.....) I find myself thinking whilst listening "this is good, but I could be listening to an actual ACDC, LED ZEP or DEEP PURPLE record"

Just my opinion.

if you do check em out and they're any good, post a review in the new bands thread, i think thats one way we can all experience new music.

Mr. Vengeance
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Allen Iverson is opening for Whitesnake????

Coyote
07-04-2006, 04:17 PM
http://www.theanswer.ie/

Shaun Ponsonby
07-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I find myself thinking whilst listening "this is good, but I could be listening to an actual ACDC, LED ZEP or DEEP PURPLE record"

True, but in terms of seeing live music, within a few years there's gonna be no AC/DC, Deep Purple, Whitesnake, The Who, Rolling Stones, Motorhead, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, David Lee Roth, Twisted Sister, Alice Cooper, Dio, Motley Crue, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, David Bowie, Velvet Revolver (all coming up to 40 now), Rush, Aerosmith, Kiss, ZZ Top...etc...etc...because they will bearly be able to stand up. So, what we have to find younger bands who will keep things going to keep us interested.

binnie
07-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
True, but in terms of seeing live music, within a few years there's gonna be no AC/DC, Deep Purple, Whitesnake, The Who, Rolling Stones, Motorhead, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, David Lee Roth, Twisted Sister, Alice Cooper, Dio, Motley Crue, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, David Bowie, Velvet Revolver (all coming up to 40 now), Rush, Aerosmith, Kiss, ZZ Top...etc...etc...because they will bearly be able to stand up. So, what we have to find younger bands who will keep things going to keep us interested.

A valid point.

But unless the younger bands can deliver the songs to hold the interest of a fanbase, they won't be around in a couple of years either....

ELVIS
07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
They suck!

I have an idea...

How about a reality show...:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
07-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Classic Rock has a cd in the latest issue (over here) with 20 songs by new bands...and I think one of them is by The Answer.

I have yet to listen to the disc though....

binnie
07-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Had a quick listen, pretty decent actually.

Sound like Zep, ACDC esque heavy rock.

It's not gonna change youe life, but its worth a spin....

Shaun Ponsonby
07-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Classic Rock has a cd in the latest issue (over here) with 20 songs by new bands...and I think one of them is by The Answer.

I have yet to listen to the disc though....

Yea, we got that as well. But, I think I lost the CD.