PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith doing the Boston Pops This Year

Unchainme
07-04-2006, 01:56 PM
June 26, 2006

ROCK SUPERSTARS STEVEN TYLER AND JOE PERRY, FROM THE ACCLAIMED BOSTON-BASED BAND AEROSMITH, WILL BE JOINING CONDUCTOR KEITH LOCKHART AND THE BOSTON POPS ON THE "BOSTON POPS FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR," A NEW ENTERTAINMENT
SPECIAL TO BE BROADCAST LIVE TUESDAY, JULY 4
ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Dr. Phil McGraw and Robin McGraw Previously Announced As Hosts

Rock Superstars Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, from the acclaimed Boston-based band Aerosmith, will be joining conductor Keith Lockhart and The Boston Pops on the BOSTON POPS FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR, a new entertainment special to be broadcast live from the Charles River Esplanade in Boston, Tuesday, July 4 (10:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network. As previously announced, Dr. Phil McGraw and Robin McGraw will host the special, which marks the fourth time that the legendary "Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular" will be broadcast on Network television.

Tyler and Perry will perform several of Aerosmith's hit songs with The Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra under the direction of Conductor Keith Lockhart.

The concert will also feature its traditional piece, the Boston Pops rendition of the "1812" Overture. The final 20 minutes of the telecast, featuring the fireworks display, will be presented commercial free by the Liberty Mutual Group.

The Boston Pops, America's orchestra, performs in front of nearly 900,000 people annually in Boston, across the country and around the world, and reaches millions more through its recordings and television broadcasts. The BOSTON POPS FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR is the orchestra's annual free outdoor Fourth of July concert sponsored by the Liberty Mutual Group.

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are founding members of the band Aerosmith which for more than 30 years has defined American Rock 'n' Roll. Just a brief overview of their remarkable career is truly mind-boggling: over 100 million albums sold, induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, countless awards (four Grammy Awards, eight American Music Awards, six Billboard Awards, and 12 MTV Awards), and a diehard "Blue Army" fan-base numbering in the millions worldwide. The members of Aerosmith remain creatively vital, and are the platinum standard for artistic and commercial success in the music business. Through it all they have defeated the odds, silenced their critics and have undeniably withstood the test of time.

THE BOSTON POPS FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR is being produced by White Cherry Entertainment, in collaboration with IMG Media. David G. Mugar is executive producer. Glenn Weiss and Ricky Kirshner are producers for the national telecast. Steve Mayer and Michael Mathis of IMG Media are producers of the local telecast seen on CBS4 Boston, along with local producer Sheryl Bourisk. Glenn Weiss is director of both the local and network broadcasts.

http://aerosmith.com/pops.htm

A lot of people could be watching this, Mainly In my area because It's been raining a lot of late :(.

If I watch this they better not have that gay conducter going on about gay shit, Like he kept doing to Dave:mad:

LOL, I bet I already know the playlist to this

Dream On
Don't Want to Miss a Thing
And maybe Walk This Way.

Fairly Predicatable.

Still I'll watch :), Aerosmith's orchestra version of Dream on is one of my favs.

Unchainme
07-04-2006, 01:57 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJslHYTlg08"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJslHYTlg08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Here's the orchestra version I'm talking about. I really like this version.

Unchainme
07-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, I just saw it. Only Walk this way though. Tyler looked good, Perry looked pretty bad. (Looks not guitar playing.). It was a pretty damn good version of the song.

sadaist
07-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Van Halen doesn't really have any songs like Dream On. Maybe Me Wise Magic might work like that. Everything else is just too up-tempo. Aerosmith tried with so many ballads but could never recapture what they did with that song.

WARF
07-05-2006, 03:14 PM
The boston pops was DLR's worst performance ever!