PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath Cal Jam '74?

Diamondjimi
07-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Children of the Grave.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkVX5ZpneWk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkVX5ZpneWk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

binnie
07-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Excellent!

When Ozzy was God!

You forget you much of a monster Geezer is ont the bass,

fucking incredible, listen to that crowd...

Diamondjimi
07-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Can one of you mod guys correct the title to Black Sabbath Cal Jam '74?

I fugged up !

THNX!

Panamark
07-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Can one of you mod guys correct the title to Black Sabbath Cal Jam '74?

I fugged up !

THNX!

All fixed

Panamark
07-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Thats fookin cool !

Diamondjimi
07-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
All fixed

:baaa: :gulp:

bueno bob
07-06-2006, 04:14 AM
One of the only times you'll ever see Tony without the mustache... :)

bueno bob
07-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by binnie
You forget how much of a monster Geezer is ont the bass,

Having seen him live several times over the years, he's an exceptionally sloppy bassist. His excuse to cover that up is to play loud so that you can't quite hear all of the mistakes he makes.

Trust me, as a bassist...I can say for certainly that Geezer is terribly fucking overrated on the instrument...

His strength lies in his compositional skills...and apparently he's a pretty decent guitarist...judging by the way he plays bass, that comes as ZERO surprise to me...

I love Geezer, but I hate hearing about what a great bassist he is...because he isn't...

sadaist
07-06-2006, 06:03 AM
Ozzy before his trademark chest tattoos. Nice.

DrMaddVibe
07-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Having seen him live several times over the years, he's an exceptionally sloppy bassist. His excuse to cover that up is to play loud so that you can't quite hear all of the mistakes he makes.

Trust me, as a bassist...I can say for certainly that Geezer is terribly fucking overrated on the instrument...

His strength lies in his compositional skills...and apparently he's a pretty decent guitarist...judging by the way he plays bass, that comes as ZERO surprise to me...

I love Geezer, but I hate hearing about what a great bassist he is...because he isn't...

That really is true; however, I give him props for being the innovator of that deep heavy metal sound.

binnie
07-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Well that set me straight!

i'll take your word for it, as I don't play.

But when calling him a "monster" I was refering to the sound and power, as I am not qualified to talk about technique....

bueno bob
07-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
That really is true; however, I give him props for being the innovator of that deep heavy metal sound.

Absolutely agree!

bueno bob
07-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by binnie
But when calling him a "monster" I was refering to the sound and power...

Oh absolutely...

Like I said above...agree!

BruinJer
07-06-2006, 08:29 PM
I've never seen this video in color... FUCKING AWESOME! I remember riding in the car with my grandparents on the 10 fwy going past the old Ontario Motor Speedway when this show was going on... the traffic was BRUTAL! The Ontario Mills Mall is on the site of the old Motor Speedway. Ah... the mamaries!

It's amazing that Ozzy has been apart of some historic festivals... US Fest, Live Aid & Cal Jam 74

bueno bob
07-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I'd love to see the whole show released officially...in color...

Wow...

Hey, does anybody know off the top of their head if that "Black and Blue" Sabbath/BOC Live in '80 DVD ever came out?

BruinJer
07-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I believe Black & Blue was released about 2 years ago...

Here's War Pigs from Cal Jam 74

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwD-rfT5I2k"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwD-rfT5I2k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bueno bob
07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Cool, thank you...I never saw it come into the stores and just kinda forgot about it...until now...

Gonna have to go look for it tonight, I guess!

BruinJer
07-06-2006, 08:41 PM
http://media.bestprices.com/content/dvd/10/198915.jpg

Cato
07-07-2006, 10:31 PM
btw, California Jam is a special event of the regular TV show, ABC in Concert?
I have a boot DVD of ABC in concert 2nd anniversary program(1974). there's a rainbow set there as well. interesting...