PDA

View Full Version : Instead of penalty kicks in the World Cup...

Seshmeister
07-04-2006, 07:05 PM
©Seshmeister 2006

What they should do is at the start of extra time each coach should have to remove 1 player. Then every 5 minutes they remove another and it keeps going until someone scores a goal.

It would be brilliant...:)

Jérôme Frenchise
07-04-2006, 07:23 PM
The idea IS brilliant! :)

And defenders keeping other players from the ball, while it's rolling out of the ground in their favor,
should be declared a fault!
This is the very part of the game that makes me mad. :mad:

Va Beach VH Fan
07-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Fellas, pls keep it in the World Cup thread, thanks...

Seshmeister
07-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
The idea IS brilliant! :)

And defenders keeping other players from the ball, while it's rolling out of the ground in their favor,
should be declared a fault!
This is the very part of the game that makes me mad. :mad:

It would be amazing.

I just have this picture of the last two players on the pitch and it going out for a throw in. The guy then has to throw it as far away as he can from the opponent and then try and beat him to the ball.

It would keep the inane phone in shows going for months.

Do you keep your best players on or keep your goalkeeper on?

Pele and others have been saying that the thing that they invented in the US in the 70s where you start 30 yards out with 5 or 10 seconds to score would be better. I agree but I prefer my idea...

Unchainme
07-04-2006, 08:49 PM
They really do need to do way with ties, Fuck, Thats one of the reasons I have a hard time watching Soccer. In American Football, Ties are pretty much eliminated since they instituted new rules.

Seshmeister
07-04-2006, 09:00 PM
There are no ties after the group stage.

The problem is that penalties are kind of a dumb way to do it.

It's like if the Superbowl was decided on field goals but much more important than that because it's countries against each other rather than cities and it's only every four years rather than every year.

I totally understand you finding 'soccer' boring but the vast majority of the rest of the wrld finds baseball and american football boring.

guwapo_rocker
07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
It's a great idea Sesh.

Penalties are a terrible way to lose. Not to mention bad for my

blood pressure!!!

LoungeMachine
07-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I'll do ya one better....

In case of a tie at the end of regulation............

SHOOT THE GOALIES.

Then, after each 5 minutes of playing time one player from each team is picked off by a high-powered scope rifle until someone scores.

Imagine the ratings.

Unchainme
07-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I'll do ya one better....

In case of a tie at the end of regulation............

SHOOT THE GOALIES.

Then, after each 5 minutes of playing time one player from each team is picked off by a high-powered scope rifle until someone scores.

Imagine the ratings.

that would be very kickass.

Lounger, where the fuck do you come up with this shit?

Romeo Delight
07-05-2006, 02:34 AM
In the old NASL, they used to have a shootout of a different kind.

Dude started from the 35 yard line and brought the ball in.

It was better than the penalty shots, even though it sounds stupid.

Alot of shots were stopped. There were some good players then : Chinaglia, Cruyff, Pele, Beckenbauer, Beardsley, Grobbelar...some of them just starting out and others past their prime.

Great memories beating the New York Cosmos and Tampa team to take the championship.

ABC commentator (Jim something) called our city : "The village of Vancouver" LMFAO