PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fuckup Day!

Seshmeister
07-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Ok bear with me with this...:)

If you think about it US independance day maybe isn't worth celebrating. The English/British kings in the 18th century were cunts, they fucked up my country much more than they ever did to the US with a little tea tax, why do you think so many Scots ended up helping to build the US. That said imagine there was no US independance.

Imagine the Federal United States of America Commonwealth and Britain instead.

1) No US civil war, the FUSACB would have had to become a looser federation because of the size. It would have abolished slavery much earlier. The US civil war was ne of the bloodiest in history.

2) Look at the fucking British Empire map.

http://www.regiments.org/img/maps/bemap.gif

Add the US and some fucking sense and make it into a big federal democracy.

3) In the early 1900s the whole empire becomes a big stable democracy.

3) WW1 would have lasted about a year rather than 4 saving millions of lives.

4) WWII wouldn't have happened because there wuldn't have been the punative measures against Germany after WWI because the war would never have lasted so long so no rise of facism in Germany plus the FUSACB would be too powerful for anyone to take on saving 10s of millions of lives.

5) The cold war if it had even happened would have ended much earlier because the FUSACB would have been so powerful Russia could not have competed.

6) No worries about China or India running the world economy of our kids because FUSACB would be the world superpower.

People in New England have more in common with people in the UK than with people in Texas. People in California have more in common with people in Mars. People in Sydney have more in common with those in Toronto than those in Aboriginal areas.

I'm talking about proper federalism not the warped kind where you only get a roads grant if you increase your fucking drinking age. A libertarian agenda basically. Localised government apart from on stuff that needs not to be like defense.

Ok it's just a thought and it would have to have been a catchier name than FUSACB...:)

Cheers!

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
07-04-2006, 09:11 PM
If it had made Barbara Bush sterile, I would have been all for it.

ALinChainz
07-04-2006, 09:22 PM
She must have been a looker back in the day ...

What day BC that was ... who knows ...

Seshmeister
07-04-2006, 09:46 PM
This may have been one of my more stupid threads...:)

Dr. Love
07-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I've had a couple british friends going on about Americans trash-talking them for winning the "civil war".

Took me a minute to catch what they were on about.

Then I laughed for hours.

ELVIS
07-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Ok bear with me with this...:)

Cheers!

:gulp:

You forgot that Santa would have come twice a year...

:elvis:

Seshmeister
07-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I've had a couple british friends going on about Americans trash-talking them for winning the "civil war".

Took me a minute to catch what they were on about.

Then I laughed for hours.

As I said the Hanoverians wiped out and persecuted most of my ancestors and were nasty cunts.

I'm just wondering if the revolution had failed then in the long term it might have worked out better for mankind as a whole.

Dr. Love
07-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Maybe. I think your first #3 is a bit of a stretch... I'm not sure it would be a viable government as spread out as it would be. Inevitably people would want to start pulling out of the government.

Seshmeister
07-04-2006, 10:39 PM
My whole post is a stretch, still...

Dr. Love
07-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I just wanted to subtly point out you had two #3s. ;)

rustoffa
07-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
My whole post is a stretch, still...

Well, I for one liked it. History will teach us everything, or nothing.

Happy Fourth Of July!