PDA

View Full Version : KISS 'Rock The Nation' Tour

DLR_EngineRoom
04-22-2004, 03:58 PM
While it looks similar, this is a different Kiss. With lead guitarist Ace Frehley fully replaced by long-time Kiss associate Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer back behind the drum kit now that Peter Criss has again been shown the door, Stanley and bassist/vocalist/businessman Gene Simmons are leading the 30-year-old outfit into another new era.

Out there in cyberspace, there are diehard fans - known in Kiss circles as "The Few" - who are crying foul.

"Things do change and if there are some diehard fans who cry foul, then they need to realise that there is no tooth fairy," Stanley says firmly. "There's no Superman. As much as we might like to believe in fantasy and fable, a band is four people and . . . it seems odd that when faced with Kiss or no Kiss, well, I would think they'd opt for Kiss.

"Not to put those people down, because everybody is entitled to their opinion, but if that opinion becomes too vehement, then to me it's not that different to a child who wants vanilla ice-cream and when he gets chocolate decides he's not going to have any ice-cream at all.

"Again, if a member goes home or if a member can't do it or chooses not to or isn't up to it, the game's not over. I'll be damned if anybody tells me how I should treat the band that I started 30 years ago. They can tell me what they prefer but it's sure as hell not gonna stop me if a handful of people don't like it. It's insane.

"The proof of that is that whatever tour we've done, whatever the changes, the truth is it's Kiss. Quite honestly, there's been times when the line-up has been different to the original line-up and it's been better. This isn't about perpetuating fantasies, it's about delivering reality. And Kiss is a reality."

ALinChainz
04-22-2004, 04:16 PM
So the "farewell" tour must have been goodbye to the original lineup?

And will this lineup wear the makeup?

DLR_EngineRoom
04-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
So the "farewell" tour must have been goodbye to the original lineup?

And will this lineup wear the makeup?

Hey Al!

lol yeah, it was a farewell to the original lineup.

This lineup will also wear the original makeup, but Ace & Peter have been replaced.

www.kissonline.com

Va Beach VH Fan
04-22-2004, 07:45 PM
I know there are a lot of anti-KISS fans on here....

But I ain't ashamed to say it, they're headed here in July, and I'm gonna take my youngest boy (age 10) to the show, and his first rock concert....

Just like I did with his hip-hop lovin' older brother (age 17 now)... I took him to the "Farewell Tour" a few years ago, and he really enjoyed the "show".... I caught him singing "Rock and Roll All Night" when they played it, made my night !!!!

And that's what you need to understand, at least in my opinion... Going to a KISS concert is for the SHOW, not for the precision-like musicianship, which we all realize just ain't there when they're in concert....

Va Beach VH Fan
04-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Would you rather me take my son to fucking Van Hagar ?????

ALMOSTsaved
04-22-2004, 07:52 PM
The problem with KISS is they hide behind the make up. Hell, I grew up on KISS. I idolized Ace Frehley.

Nowadays, kids don't and won't know the difference. That's sad. Gene and Paul might only be doing the interviews. For all we know, all 4 mother fuckers on stage in kabuki make up might not be ANY of the original 4 at all.

DLR_EngineRoom
04-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I know there are a lot of anti-KISS fans on here....

But I ain't ashamed to say it, they're headed here in July, and I'm gonna take my youngest boy (age 10) to the show, and his first rock concert....

Going to a KISS concert is for the SHOW, not for the precision-like musicianship.

Way to go, VA Beach! There's someone who knows how to not only appreciate da good stuff, but passes the torch on.....enjoy!

Va Beach VH Fan
04-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Way to go, VA Beach! There's someone who knows how to not only appreciate da good stuff, but passes the torch on.....enjoy!

LOL, I think the funny part is going to be when the explosions go off and watch them scare the shit out of him... :D

Seeing them 3 times before, I know when they're going to go off...

Dave IS VH
04-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, at lest in Kiss's Ticket package.

For the true fans that are willing to pay the Big Bucks, Kiss is willing to meet their fans, pose for pictures and sign autographs.

All Van Hagar wants to do for their fans that buy their ticket package is sell them a fucking T-shirt and get them in the way of the crew setting up the stage!!!

Big Troubles
04-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Kiss sucks ass. Gene is a total fucking idiot. The last I like by Kiss was Lick it Up. Paint by numbers song or what eh? Everyone in that band is replaceable. Even Gene. His bass playing is nothing exciting at all. They are a stage band, not a music group. With the fire, pyros, long tongue, or fake blood and make up, they are left with nothing. Blah.
Put them in the ac/dc pile.

FORD
04-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Would you rather me take my son to fucking Van Hagar ?????

Well.... Van Hagar only has one fake member on stage and he doesn't pretend to be Dave. (thank God!)

The 80's Kiss, without the makeup, I could respect even though I didn't care for much of the music, because they were trying to be a different band. Which they were.

But dressing up the blond Eric Singer to look like Peter Criss and having a glorified roadie in Ace's makeup, that's just a fraud.

Maybe Eddie should have joined Kiss in 1981 after all? His arrogance and theirs seem to be a perfect match.

Lou
04-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I can honestly say I'd rather go to a Van Hagar show than a KISS show because while Van Hagar is music I hate, it's not outright noise like KISS is. I saw KISS last year and I was writhing in pain.

Other-defcon
04-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Gene and Paul are quite opportunists.
I hate these morons. The music remains.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Well.... Van Hagar only has one fake member on stage and he doesn't pretend to be Dave. (thank God!)

The 80's Kiss, without the makeup, I could respect even though I didn't care for much of the music, because they were trying to be a different band. Which they were.

But dressing up the blond Eric Singer to look like Peter Criss and having a glorified roadie in Ace's makeup, that's just a fraud.

Maybe Eddie should have joined Kiss in 1981 after all? His arrogance and theirs seem to be a perfect match.

Like I said, I understand why there are plenty of those who can't stand them, especially their non-original lineups...

I find Paul and Gene's selfishness and greed shooing Ace and Peter out of the loop very, well, selfish and greedy.... :D

[[ P.S., was there any uglier makeup than Vinnie Vincent's ??? ]]

So, like I said, I'll end up giving both of my boys the opportunity to witness the spectacle, the show....

Which, even if you hate them, you have to admit is the most theatrical rock show of all time....

DavidLeeNatra
04-24-2004, 07:07 PM
chaim: "it has never been for the music..." take your kids and enjoy the spectacle...I'd rather see them again than VanHagar...and I think gene is a greedy asshole but at least he never made a big secret out of it...I was a huuuuuuuuge kiss fan before I discovered the mighty =VH= with unchained...I still remember that very moment whenever I hear the first scream on the opening riff...

and no...there has never been an uglier makeup than vinnie's except for the one he took on when he left KI$$...that look was really scary

and for the ace fans...he's a bit out of shape, I guess...

twonabomber
04-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Ace should tip his head back, the skin on his face will look tighter that way.

DavidLeeNatra
04-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
Ace should tip his head back, the skin on his face will look tighter that way.

there is absolutely NOTHING that he could do to make that face look better...except for cutting the head off...

Wayne L.
04-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I would have liked to have seen a Van Halen/Kiss tour or a Kiss/Van Halen tour since it would have been similiar to the Aerosmith/Kiss tour last year with two legendary 70's rock bands.

DLR_EngineRoom
04-26-2004, 01:43 PM
IT'S SIMPLE

ROTH ERA HALEN RULES
VAN HAGAR IS A REPLACEMENT BAND

K.ISS I.S S.TANLEY S.IMMONS
CALL THEM WHAT YOU WANT, THEIR LAST STUDIO ALBUM,
PSYCHO CIRCUS WAS ONE OF THE BEST EVER RECORDED, REGARDLESS
OF WHO WAS ON IT.
ACE AND PETER WERE GOOD PUPPETS, BUT KISS WOULD HAVE BEEN BARELY MORE THAN A 70'S WONDER IF IT WASN'T FOR THE SO CALLED GREED AND HARD WORK THAT STANLEY SIMMONS HAD PUT THROUGH.

I WISH MORE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WOULD WORK AS HARD AT WHAT THEY WANT, AND THE WAY THEY WANT IT THE WAY GENE AND PAUL DID. MOST PEOPLE BUCKLE UNDER TO WHAT MOST PEOPLE THINK, AND THEN BLAME EVERYONE ELSE WHEN THE SHIT HITS THE FAN.

IT'S NOTHING NEW THAT PEOPLE DON'T PROPERLY APPRECIATE HARD WORK, TRUE TALENT, AND A F*** YOU ATTITUDE FOR ARMCHAIR CRITICS.

I JUST WASN'T EXPECTING IT IN A 'ROTH ONLY' ROOM.

tobinentinc
04-28-2004, 08:35 PM
My first post on the DLR Fourms and it's about KISS. I am going to see KISS on our nation's birthday. I know it's gonna be a good show, because I saw them last year and they rocked then. They are gonna rock this year too. Sure they are money hungry, but they can still put on a good live show without the original members. And DLR_EngineRoom you are so right no does appreciate how hard they work.

DLR_EngineRoom
05-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
My first post on the DLR Fourms and it's about KISS. I am going to see KISS on our nation's birthday. I know it's gonna be a good show, because I saw them last year and they rocked then. They are gonna rock this year too. Sure they are money hungry, but they can still put on a good live show without the original members. And DLR_EngineRoom you are so right no does appreciate how hard they work.

Thank yuhz, thank yuhz....thank yuh veray mutch.....