PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell hospitalized in Colorado

FORD
07-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Colin Powell taken ill at Clinton dinner

ASPEN, Colorado (AP) -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell was briefly hospitalized early Friday after he fell ill at a restaurant where he was dining with former President Clinton and others, police said.

Aspen police Sgt. Bill Linn said the four-star general told him it appeared to be a combination of altitude sickness and something he ate.

"He is conscious and in very good spirits," Linn said shortly before Powell was released from Aspen Valley Hospital at 1:45 a.m. Linn said Powell asked him to speak with reporters.

Powell's Alexandria, Virginia-based secretary, Peggy Cifrino, did not immediately return a phone call left at her office.

A nursing supervisor at the hospital, where former Enron CEO Kenneth Lay was rushed to and pronounced dead early Wednesday, refused to comment.

Powell, 69, was in Colorado for the Aspen Ideas Festival, a conference in its second year that invites some of the world's leading thinkers.

The former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and chief strategist of the 1991 Persian Gulf War against Iraq served as President Bush's secretary of state from 2001 until January 2005, when he was replaced by Condoleezza Rice.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Link (http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/07/07/colin.powell.ap/index.html)

Is the BCE trying to kill all their old "friends" in the same week? Clinton probably would have been targeted as well, if he wasn't such a close friend of Poppy Bush

frets5150
07-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Why can't we here good news like this about Chimpie?:cry:

jcook11
07-07-2006, 01:07 PM
What was Clinton doing at a conference of the worlds leading thinkers?.........

FORD
07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
What was Clinton doing at a conference of the worlds leading thinkers?.........

Even a right winger has to admit that Bill Clinton was one of the most intelligent men to ever be elected President.

jcook11
07-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Even a right winger has to admit that Bill Clinton was one of the most intelligent men to ever be elected President.

Yeah, the man is a GODDAMN Rhoades scholar yet he didn't have the common sense to leave the interns alone and pay attention to the job.
Having said that he was married to Hillary so you really can't blame the guy for wanting a little extra curricular activity, However when you have as many women as Bill did coming out and crying rape,at some point you start to believe them. Not to bright.

Warham
07-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Even a right winger has to admit that Bill Clinton was one of the most distrustful men to ever be elected President.

I can agree with that.

FORD
07-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Even a right winger has to admit that George Bush Jr. was one of the most distrustful men to ever be not elected President.

What's not to agree with ;)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-07-2006, 11:07 PM
well, so long as we're all showing appropriate concern for Powell's well-being...

Switch84
07-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
well, so long as we're all showing appropriate concern for Powell's well-being...

:D Common decency and sense gets lost in the fray in the face of naked hatred. Powell and Clinton are mature and intelligent enough to converse with each other putting aside party affiliations, we should be able to do the same.

Get well soon, Gen. Powell!

FORD
07-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I used to have a great deal of respect for Colin Powell. I lost it when he presented that cartoonish bullshit case to the UN in 2002.

Ellyllions
07-08-2006, 09:12 PM
People have a bad habit of dropping and assuming room temperature around Bill Clinton don't they? Glad to hear Powell's doing well.

And yes I do agree that Clinton was one of the most intelligent men ever to be elected President. It takes a special kind of smart to manipulate words and exploit gray areas when speaking in a sleepy, comfortable, kind and gentle tone. And maintaining a calm demeanor at all times...but then again he is an attorney.....

Seshmeister
07-08-2006, 09:22 PM
I used to have a great deal of respect for Colin Powell. I lost it when he presented that cartoonish bullshit case to the UN in 2002.

Me too.

I never realised he was so old. I thought he was in his 50s...

Seshmeister
07-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
Yeah, the man is a GODDAMN Rhoades scholar yet he didn't have the common sense to leave the interns alone and pay attention to the job.
Having said that he was married to Hillary so you really can't blame the guy for wanting a little extra curricular activity, However when you have as many women as Bill did coming out and crying rape,at some point you start to believe them. Not to bright.

I don't see how Clinton getting blow jobs is a reason to elect an idiot.

It amazes me that so many people give a shit about some tart sucking his dick. You have a guy now pretending to be a cowboy who has fucked up big time on Iraq. You're economy is fucked, the Chinese own you and yet Clinton having someone sucking his dick upsets you?

Ellyllions
07-09-2006, 10:27 AM
What bothers me isn't the fact that Clinton got little Billy wet, but it's that Bin Laden was gathering his resources while Clinton was busy getting Damage Control to his image. Everyone wants to point fingers at Bush for the 9/11 attacks when he was only in office 8 months when it happened. LOL! It was clearly the real fault of the previous administration's focus on International affairs.

And that wonderful "surplus" during Clinton's 8 years was a result of a technological boom and no natural disasters. Plus it was all on paper just like Bush's deficit cut promise of 50%. The deficit/surplus bullshit don't really make a difference.

Now, people want an impeachment of Bush? Shit, go ahead and impeach him. It worked wonders for Clinton's image and didn't make a fucking difference in the job he finished...

In my opinion, we're <u>all</u> dumb as fuck.

Ellyllions
07-09-2006, 10:47 AM
And one more thing, while I'm pre-menstral enough not to give a rat's ass : )

I wouldn't cross the street to meet Mr. or Mrs. Clinton. I'm sure it wouldn't break their hearts or anything, but as far as I'm concerned they're both attorney rats who used our system against us and will continue to do so as long as there is breath in their lungs.

DEMON CUNT
07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm going to blame Clinton for some of the fucking idiodic comments in this thread. Damn Him!

Warham
07-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I don't see how Clinton getting blow jobs is a reason to elect an idiot.

It amazes me that so many people give a shit about some tart sucking his dick. You have a guy now pretending to be a cowboy who has fucked up big time on Iraq. You're economy is fucked, the Chinese own you and yet Clinton having someone sucking his dick upsets you?

Our economy is fucked?

Do tell, Sesh.

Warham
07-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
I'm going to finally blame Clinton for some of the fucking idiodic things that have happened to this country. Damn Him!

That's the spirit.