PDA

View Full Version : MLB's July Trade Deadline

POJO_Risin
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Well...we are closing in...

usually...someone throws down a major deal to start things rolling before the All-star game...

Will it be the White Sox...like the past 2 years?

and who?

Could it be Lugo or Huff from the DRays...or even Carl Crawford?

Maybe Burnitz...or Craig Wilson from the Pirates (both would be smart moves for the buccos)...

or how about Soriano....

Post any innuendos you may hear about your team right here...

POJO_Risin
07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
There's a rumor that the Mets are looking for a stud pitcher...not a rummy like Victor Zambrano...

and rumour also has it that they are putting one of their #1 prospects out to dangle...in Lastings Milledge...

could Barry Zito or Dontrelle Willis be on their way to NY????

Willis would be a coup de tat in my book...

an young stud pitcher to do with Reyes and Wright...

POJO_Risin
07-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Could the Phillies finally be ready to deal their OF's...whom the Yankees are pounding the door about...

Abreu is at the top of the list for sure...

but Burrell and Delucci are also on their radar...

jcook11
07-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Arte Moreno, please go and get us a bat.

Angel Fans.

Bob_R
07-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't know if anyone if going to want to rent Soriano for a couple of months. He's a free agent at season's end and he'll be looking for the big bucks.

I read the other day that he hasn't sold his condo here in New Jersey.

:)

He may be heading back to the Yankees. Where? Certainly not 2nd base. The OF for sure. Unless we trade Phillips and make Giambi a permanent DH.

WARF
07-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Fantasy baseball players better run to the waiver wire and pick up Eddie Guardardo who was traded to Cincy and will become a closer now, moving Coffey to setup.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Maybe Burnitz...or Craig Wilson from the Pirates (both would be smart moves for the buccos)...

Yeah, another couple of trades that the Bucs get a bucket of balls in return....

Wilson would get a decent prospect in return, but Burnitz hasn't earned a bucket of ball mud in return...

Add Randa and at least one of their relievers in that list as well....

POJO_Risin
07-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I think Burnitz could get a lower level (class A) prospect...

I think Wilson could get a top ten from a team...

Randa...would get you nothing...

not sure about the Pirates relievers...

as for Soriano...

the past couple of days...I've been hearing Detroit...

Mr. Vengeance
07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Could the Phillies finally be ready to deal their OF's...whom the Yankees are pounding the door about...

Abreu is at the top of the list for sure...

but Burrell and Delucci are also on their radar...

I know that the Yanks have been after Abreu for ages now. The problem is that NY has ZERO to offer up for a fair value of Abreu. They have no prospects the Phils can use, because Steinbrenner believes in buying a team rather than building a team in the farm system. However, having said that, and being a lifelong Phils fan, I can almost guarantee that Bobby will be traded to the Yanks for virtually nothing. We always get hosed in trades, why not this year?

The other rumour is that Detroit wants Abreu, but isn't willing to give up the two young pitchers the Phils want.

Burrell's latest slump has lowered his value significantly. The Yankees don't seem to want any part of him or his huge contract.

Delucchi is rumoureed to be headed back to Texas. I have no idea what we'd get for him. My guess is it would be one of those famous "player to be named" or some low-level minor leaguer. No one is going to give up much for a guy who's basically a 4th OF who's on a hot streak.

vheddyrmv8
07-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Huff to the D rays, interesting move. I wonder if the Marlins will trade the D-Train or decide to keep him around.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Looks like about 70% of the Bucs are trade bait...

Very interesting now that Sanchez is doing so well that Jack Wilson is rumored to be on the trade block, although Littlefield says that it would take a MLB-ready outfielder or 1B to move him....

Besides Jack, it's basically Burnitz, Wilson, Hernandez, Torres, Randa, and even Oliver Perez, who's in AAA now....

POJO_Risin
07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Huff to the Astros from the D-Rays. That move did surprise me. I've gotta give the fucking Astros cred. Every year, they do something. They've been one of the most consistently good teams over the past 4 or 5 years. Gotta credit McLane and the admin there.

Reds trade Kearns and Lopez for some pitching help...in a ???? move...but they've won 4 in a row. Seems to me they could have gotten more for those two...considering Kearns and Lopez have been talked about for a couple of years in some bigger deals...and are only 26. Where were the Yanks? I thought they needed OF's. Wouldn't Kearns...who many have compared to Paul O'Neill...have fit the bill?

POJO_Risin
07-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Not Sean Casey? If they are looking for a Major League ready 1B...

You'll see the Pirates deal Hernandez for sure. Past that...I don't know. We shall see.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, him too, forgot....

Basically if you're name isn't Bay...

POJO_Risin
07-17-2006, 01:04 PM
If Bay was playing in NY...he'd be getting more pub than Wright...

such is life.

The Indians more than likely will be dealing Paul Byrd and Bob Wickman...and could let go of guys like Casey Blake...

and if they can get someone to nab Aaron waste Boone...that would be a good thing.

Bob_R
07-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I understand the Alfonso Soriano sweepstakes is down to four teams:

Yankees,
Tigers,
Angels,
White Sox.

Mr. Vengeance
07-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Apparently Pat Burrell just said he'll only okay a trade to the Yanks or Red Sox...

Gee....what a surprise. Somehow they have to get a rule that says you can't veto a trade ANYWHERE, but we know that'll never happen.

Guitar Shark
07-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
I understand the Alfonso Soriano sweepstakes is down to four teams:

Yankees,
Tigers,
Angels,
White Sox.

The latest word is that he's going to the White Sox.

redblkwht
07-26-2006, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
The latest word is that he's going to the White Sox. IMO if it was going to happen, it would have by now..

Im hoping todd walker gets picked up by the yanks..

seems like SP is the big want this year for the postseason push more so than ever..
not too many avail im reading.

Mr. Vengeance
07-26-2006, 07:53 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!! The Phils just traded Pal Sal Fasano to the Yankees for an A ball prospect!!!!

Jesus, Pat Gillick must have fallen off the toilet and decided to create a blockbuster deal!

What a fucking life I have as a Phillies fan.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Guitar Shark
07-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Mariners acquired Broussard for cash, Choo and a PTBNL...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!! The Phils just traded Pal Sal Fasano to the Yankees for an A ball prospect!!!!

Jesus, Pat Gillick must have fallen off the toilet and decided to create a blockbuster deal!

What a fucking life I have as a Phillies fan.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!!!!!

LMFAO !!!

It's the same in the entire state of Pennsylvania bro....

Pirates season ends on Friday, the 1st day of Steelers training camp....

Va Beach VH Fan
07-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm not even mildly excited about the trade deadline....

I'm firmly convinced Littlefield isn't going to get a bucket of warm spit for anyone...

I've read too many articles in the last month saying that Littlefield has pissed too many GM's off over the years for his overzealous trade demands (sounds like WARF !!!)....

WARF
07-26-2006, 09:26 PM
LMAO
Classic Va!

POJO_Risin
07-26-2006, 09:28 PM
1. Why the fuck are the Mariners trading for players.

2. Ben Broussard?

3. Who the fuck is Choo?

and is Choo any good?

WARF
07-26-2006, 09:30 PM
When is that Japanese pitching ace comin' over to the states?
Fukshitzu Chungfucki orwhatever his name is...
Stats are comparable to a young Roger Clemens...

POJO_Risin
07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
What makes the difference Va...even his good trades peter out because he doesn't have the moxie to pick up the right fucking veterans. There should be a Glavine or Maddux on that team...as a guy that can teach those others how to pitch.

And an older offensive threat...that actually has BEEN somewhere...and can still play. Nobody comes to mind offhand...but a professional...not Burnitz...who swings from his fucking toes every time.

Casey was good, but he can't carry a team.

whatever...

Guitar Shark
07-27-2006, 01:45 AM
1. Why the fuck are the Mariners trading for players.

2. Ben Broussard?

3. Who the fuck is Choo?

and is Choo any good?

Because the Ms front office is deluded enough to believe that a sub-.500 team can win the division and make a run in the playoffs. I think it's ridiculous -- we should be sellers in my opinion -- but, in their defense, the Ms are only about 2 or 3 games out of the division lead.

Again, I disagree with the strategy, BUT... once they decided to be buyers, the Broussard move was actually a pretty good one because he basically replaces the craptastic Carl Everett, who was DFA'd today, mercifully. Broussard will basically platoon at the DH position against right handers. The Indians are eating a portion of Broussard's salary.

Choo has the potential to be VERY good as a RF.. He was hitting .323/.393/.499 with 26 steals in 30 attempts in AAA this year. But he doesn't fit into the Ms organization anymore now that we have Adam Jones in the outfield. Jones is a better prospect and he's our starting CF now that Jeremy Reed broke his hand.

Safeco Field generally is a pitcher's park but it has a very friendly fence for left handed power hitters, another reason why this could work.

guwapo_rocker
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey, if it's a weak division, why not go for it?

Va Beach VH Fan
07-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by WARF
LMAO
Classic Va!

I knew you'd appreciate that bro..... ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
07-27-2006, 04:37 PM
What makes the difference Va...even his good trades peter out because he doesn't have the moxie to pick up the right fucking veterans. There should be a Glavine or Maddux on that team...as a guy that can teach those others how to pitch.

And an older offensive threat...that actually has BEEN somewhere...and can still play. Nobody comes to mind offhand...but a professional...not Burnitz...who swings from his fucking toes every time.

Casey was good, but he can't carry a team.

whatever...

I hear ya, same o, same o....

Here we go Steelers, here we go !!!!!!

:D

Bill Lumbergh
07-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Giving up a promising young arm for Hillenbrand has sure paid off so far for us..........

Mr. Vengeance
07-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I'm not even mildly excited about the trade deadline....

I'm firmly convinced Littlefield isn't going to get a bucket of warm spit for anyone...

I've read too many articles in the last month saying that Littlefield has pissed too many GM's off over the years for his overzealous trade demands (sounds like WARF !!!)....

If you'd like to send Zach Duke to the Phils, I'm sure we could come up with something....Uhhh Maybe Ryan Franklin? How about David Bell? Maybe Mike Lieber-stall????

POJO_Risin
07-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Tejada's going to go.

I'm guessing the Angels here...although the stros may do something if Berkman really is hurt...

redblkwht
07-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Tejada's going to go.

I'm guessing the Angels here...although the stros may do something if Berkman really is hurt...
Shit, he shoulda stuck to his guns early on, hopefully he ends up anywhere but houston!!

guwapo_rocker
07-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Associated Press

7/28/2006 12:12:10 PM

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - The Texas Rangers acquired all-star outfielder Carlos Lee from the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday for reliever Francisco Cordero and outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix.

The deal also included the exchange of minor leaguers, according to a Rangers club official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been finalized.

Lee, who can become a free agent after this season, is hitting .286 with 28 home runs and 81 RBIs. He is a .284 career hitter over eight seasons with the Chicago White Sox (1999-2004) and Milwaukee (2005-06).

The Rangers (51-51) would still like to add another starting pitcher, but couldn't pass up the chance to add Lee as they strive for their first playoff appearance since 1999. Texas went into Friday's game against Kansas City in third place in the AL West, but only two games behind division-leading Oakland.

Cordero was the Rangers' closer until he set a major league record with five blown saves in April, and was replaced in that role by Akinori Otsuka. In his last appearance for Texas, Cordero allowed four runs in the eighth inning against the New York Yankees on Wednesday night. The right-hander was 7-4 with six saves and a 4.81 ERA in 49 appearances.

Mench is hitting .284 with 12 home runs and 50 RBIs. Nix has been in the minor leagues since batting .094 (3-for-32) in nine games in April.

Link (http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=172616&hubname=)

Va Beach VH Fan
07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
There are some pissed off Brewer fans today....

Va Beach VH Fan
07-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Looks like Abreu is headed to the Yanks anytime now....

That'll cancel any trade for Wilson and/or Burnitz the Bucs may have wanted, although they could very well still trade for Hernandez or Torres...

Mr. Vengeance
07-30-2006, 03:01 PM
That stupid, old, fat, cunt Pat Gillick just traded Abreu and Cory Lidle to the Yankees for CJ Henry and Matt Smith...

UNFUCKINGREAL! I can't wait to watch the Phils go into year 14 of a 5-year rebuilding plan, and NOT spend a cent of the money they're going to save with the latest salary dump.

Those fucking assclown idiots!!

Va Beach VH Fan
07-30-2006, 03:10 PM
The Yankees are in a such of a unique position....

With money to burn, they'll take the salary dump off of your hands, and in return, only give up a couple of scrubs...

The thing about Abreu's contract is that he's NOT a free agent at the end of the year, his contract is up at the end of 2007, with an option for 2008...

POJO_Risin
07-30-2006, 06:39 PM
The Abreu trade is hilarious...

again...the Yankees working under current conditions the way they should...

and Bud Selig sitting there with a smile on his face...and his hands on his cock.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-30-2006, 06:41 PM
and Bud Selig sitting there with a smile on his face...and his hands on his cock.

Selig = Hagar ??

POJO_Risin
07-30-2006, 06:42 PM
The Lee deal...to me...is a good one for both...

Lee makes to much...and Mench is solid...and growing in power...

Nix is coveted by many...

and Cordero fills a need...and they all combined make what Lee makes...

and they fit that young up and comer that the Brewers are marketing...

Now they'll be able to potentially deal for a star that isn't making a billion dollars...

of course...they paid him that deal...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
No...Hagar would be smiling...

but hands on a dildo...

POJO_Risin
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Why have the Red Sox put Coco Crisp on the block?

I thought he was pretty popular in Boston?

POJO_Risin
07-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Yo Va...are the Pirates still trying to get Shealy from Colorado for (insert Pirate reliever's name here)? Christ...if I were them...I'd deal all their relievers for this kid...

Mr. Vengeance
07-30-2006, 07:03 PM
The Abreu trade is hilarious...

again...the Yankees working under current conditions the way they should...

You are so right Pojo...whatever gets the Yanks into the postseason...

The lastest has fat fucking old ass retard Gillick trading Burell and Rheal Cormier to the Angels for a couple of middle of the road players....

POJO_Risin
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM
You know...I don't have a problem with deals like this...but...

how the fuck are the Phillies going to even be a thought next year?

Jesus Christ...

and they are a LARGE MARKET TEAM!

POJO_Risin
07-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Ron Belliard was just dealt from the Indians to the Cardinals for Hector Luna...who I'm pretty sure St. Louis got from Cleveland in the Rule 5 draft a couple of years ago...

silly...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Yo Va...are the Pirates still trying to get Shealy from Colorado for (insert Pirate reliever's name here)? Christ...if I were them...I'd deal all their relievers for this kid...

Thanks for pissing me off tonight Poj... ;)

The answer is yes, and of course, no...

From what I'm reading, the Rocks would trade Shealy to the Bucs for either Grabow or Capps, who're both having good years....

Neither of them overpowering mind you, but having good years...

But of course Meathead, aka Dave Littlefield, says that he won't trade either one of them...

He won't trade either of two fucking middle relievers for a potential long-term solution at first base....

I hope they change their mind by the deadline, but like I said before, I have absolutely no confidence in Littlefield anymore...

As if I had any before....

vheddyrmv8
07-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Abreu trade is interesting, what are the Yanks gonna do when Sheffield and Matsui are healthy?

Mr. Vengeance
07-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Gillick announced in his press conference that the Phils won't be in the mix until 2008. HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS! This is a team that missed the playoffs by one game in 2005. He said we just needed to win 5 more this year to get into the playoffs and now we're not even in the mix until 2008???

So, what that means is they won't spend a dime of the money they're saving on any free agents..

Christ VA Beach...it's like being a fucking Bucs fan! ha!

redblkwht
07-31-2006, 01:30 AM
Im thinking theres 2 more big splashes within the next 12 hours ;)

guwapo_rocker
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Associated Press

7/31/2006 11:24:49 AM

DETROIT (AP) - The Detroit Tigers acquired first baseman Sean Casey from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday for minor league pitcher Brian Rogers.

Casey, a career .304 hitter, gives the AL Central-leading Tigers the left-handed hitter they have lacked as they try to reach the post-season for the first time since 1987.

To make room for Casey, Detroit optioned first baseman Chris Shelton to triple-A Toledo. Shelton is hitting .277 with 16 home runs and 45 RBIs. Shelton had nine homers in the Tigers' first 13 games, but has only one homer in July and two since June 19.

The 32-year-old Casey is a three-time NL all-star and was hitting .296 with three home runs and 29 RBIs in 59 games. He was out for six weeks with two fractures in his lower back after being hurt April 14 and has not shown much power, with only 18 extra-base hits in 213 at-bats.

Casey grew up in Pittsburgh and is looking forward to playing for manager Jim Leyland, who began managing the Pirates when Casey was a youngster.

Casey was the Pirates' highest-paid player at $8.5 million US, with the Reds picking up $1 million of his salary. The Pirates traded left-hander Dave Williams to the Reds for Casey during the off-season but later chose not to attempt to sign Casey to a multi-year contract. Casey is signed through this season.

Casey missed the Pirates' last two games with a strained right rib cage muscle, but the injury is not expected to sideline him long.

The first baseman spent most of his career with the Reds, driving in 85 or more runs in four of his seven full seasons in Cincinnati. He was a such a popular player while in Cincinnati that he was given the nickname ``The Mayor.''

Casey is considered an above-average fielder. He has not committed an error in 491 total chances at first base this season and has posted a .995 fielding percentage at first base during his career.

Rogers was 3-2 with a 2.39 ERA in 37 appearances at double-A Erie this season. A 11th-round draft pick in 2003, he moved into the bullpen last season after previously being a starter.

Link (http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=172900&hubname=)

vheddyrmv8
07-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Twins trade Kyle Lohse to the Reds for a minor leaguer...about time they unloaded that mistake...

ALinChainz
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Good move for the Tigers. Giving up a minor leaguer no one else had been discussing in any trade scenarios with us to my knowledge.

Shelton was a house of fire at the beginning of the year.

Casey, if healthy, steps right in at first.

redblkwht
07-31-2006, 07:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/

maddux gets front page headline..lol good luck dodgers ;)

im glad my wish came true with
dumping walker, but got a single a pitching prospect in return, flippin cubs jeez..

is Izuris really that bad?
cubs espn boards arent happy.
wow the bitching continues, many
are calling out for GM hendrys head.

Bob_R
07-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
Abreu trade is interesting, what are the Yanks gonna do when Sheffield and Matsui are healthy?

Matsui goes back to left field.

IMO the Yankees won't pick up the option they have on the last year of Sheffield's contract.

But, you're probably wondering about this year? I guess alternate?

Va Beach VH Fan
07-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Good move for the Tigers. Giving up a minor leaguer no one else had been discussing in any trade scenarios with us to my knowledge.

Shelton was a house of fire at the beginning of the year.

Casey, if healthy, steps right in at first.

Go ahead and rub it in, you bastard.... ;)

redblkwht
07-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Matsui goes back to left field.

IMO the Yankees won't pick up the option they have on the last year of Sheffield's contract.

But, you're probably wondering about this year? I guess alternate?
I heard he may go to 1st base..(sheff) according to espn radio.

redblkwht
07-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Go ahead and rub it in, you bastard.... ;)
holy cow, the pirates dismantled
again Va was O perez worth keeping?
IMO i had hi hopes he would be back in form..
i would have picked him up again in the leagues
if that nasty stuff was back.

Mr. Vengeance
07-31-2006, 10:04 PM
PAT GILLICK SUCK MY HAIRY, SWEATY NUTSACK YOU WRINLED UP PIECE OF DOGSHIT ON A STICK!!!!!

Yeah....I feel better now.

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!

redblkwht
08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Dodgers get Lugo, wow!

Im wondering the real timeline on Nomar's latest DL stint.

DlocRoth
08-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by redblkwht
Dodgers get Lugo, wow!

Im wondering the real timeline on Nomar's latest DL stint.

And Maddux.

What up, Red?

Va Beach VH Fan
08-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by redblkwht
holy cow, the pirates dismantled
again Va was O perez worth keeping?
IMO i had hi hopes he would be back in form..
i would have picked him up again in the leagues
if that nasty stuff was back.

Well, he was already demoted to AAA...

Then he was only 2-5 in AAA, and his last start he only made it through 1/3 of an inning...

So who knows, maybe he can turn it around...

And with the Pirates' luck, he will....

POJO_Risin
08-02-2006, 12:14 AM
So...I'm driving home from work on Monday...not knowing any of the deals really...

and I hear...

"The Pirates deal Roberto Hernandez and (whoever the fuck else) to the Mets for Lastings Milledge..."

on ESPN radio...

and I nearly wrecked my car...

lmfao...

turns out it was Nady...who Pittsburgh tried to get 3 or 4 years ago from San Diego...I think for Giles...

but man...for about 20 minutes...I thought the Pirates had turned into fucking geniuses...

lmfao...

I still think they did a lot of not necesarily good...but perhaps allowed them to get a couple of more important free agent signings in the off season...

if they can convince anyone to play there...

which I doubt...

redblkwht
08-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Well, he was already demoted to AAA...

Then he was only 2-5 in AAA, and his last start he only made it through 1/3 of an inning...

So who knows, maybe he can turn it around...

And with the Pirates' luck, he will.... hek match the cubs luck as well..loveable losers? sorry man im done watching the beatings this year.

on to football & maybe a decent 2007 cubs roster..lol