PDA

View Full Version : Journey singer battles throat infection

sadaist
07-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Journey singer battles throat infection

07/06/2006 9:23 PM, AP

Journey will have a new lead singer on its summer tour with Def Leppard while Steve Augeri recovers from a throat infection.

Jeff Scott Soto, who has performed with Journey guitarist Neal Schon, will step in for Augeri starting with a show Friday in Bristow, Va.

"Steve's been suffering with an acute throat condition since before we kicked off the tour with Def Leppard. We were hoping he'd be in well condition to handle the rigors of the road but unfortunately it appears to be a chronic condition requiring total voice rest," the band said in a statement Thursday.

Augeri's doctor will monitor his condition to determine when he may be able to rejoin the tour.

Uh, here's a thought....try calling Steve Perry.

EbDawson
07-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by sadaist

Uh, here's a thought....try calling Steve Perry.

I doubt if he'd take the gig. Maybe Joe Elliot could do double duty.

Mr Badguy
07-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson

Ha, imagine what a shit job Joe would do.

Those songs require a real singer.

Why don`t they just let Deen Castronova sing the whole set?

He sounds more like Steve Perry than Steve Perry these days.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-08-2006, 07:38 PM
They're here tonight, literally in my back yard... The Ampitheater is just over a clump of trees... I believe the show just started...

I heard Journey doing their soundcheck this afternoon, doing "Open Arms", I guess it sounded OK....

POJO_Risin
07-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Jeff Scott Soto...

the REAL lead singer of Steel Dragon...

lmfao...

Nickdfresh
07-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson

He probably wouldn't. I trolled a Steve Perry board with Bill Lumbergh one night while I was very drunk...

I learned that Steve isn't on the best of terms with pseudo-Journey these days...

FORD
07-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Jeff Sucks Scrotums?

Well, I didn't have much respect left for Neil Schon anyway, but what little I had just went right down the crapper......

EbDawson
07-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
He probably wouldn't. I trolled a Steve Perry board with Bill Lumbergh one night while I was very drunk...

I learned that Steve isn't on the best of terms with pseudo-Journey these days...

Right, Perry doesn't want anything to do with Schon etc.

So, Lumbergh's a regular on the Steve Perry boards?

WARF
07-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Perry must have went on one of his weekend sperm binges again.