Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

PIrates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest

Anybody else see the continuing adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow this weekend?!?

As far as sequels go...and I generally HATE sequels...this one is pretty good.....

Similar story...SHOCKER...but still well done. All the major characters are back...

GRATE effects again.....

DAVEY JONES & Co. look very KEWL....

and....SHOCKER...the ending is a cliff-hanger...setting up PIRATES III.......

Big fun.....................
  • Don Corleone
    Veteran
    • May 2004

Saw it on Friday night Matt, nice twist at the end as well I thought.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Does Keith actually play in this one? Just curious.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Don Corleone
        Veteran
        • May 2004

No, Keiths not in until 3. Johnny Depp wanted Keith in 2, but there was no room in the plot for him
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
          No, Keiths not in until 3. Johnny Depp wanted Keith in 2, but there was no room in the plot for him
          Cheers, Don. Good news, in a way: if they could do without Keith, it means they had a very consistent plot and a lot of ideas.

I saw the first movie thanks to my little sister who insisted on showing it to me. She was 17 then, and she could convince our parents to go and see it at the movies, and they liked it, though they are around 55.
          I'm very hard to please as far as movies, and I had to recognize it was great stuff.
          And getting unanimity among three generations is not that common, while being no la-di-da stuff at all.
          I think I'll go see number 2 in a movie theater this time.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• The_KiD
            Commando
            • Jun 2005

Saw it yesterday with the family.. I really enjoyed it.

KiD

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

A very fun movie. I thought the Davey Jones sea animal-theme thing was a bit overdone. I liked the undead crew in the first one better, but this one definitely lives up to the hype...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

The piratette looks just fine.

Gotta see more!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Pirates' Sets 1-Day Box Office Record

Pirates' Sets 1-Day Box Office Record
                  Sunday, July 9, 2006 7:22 AM EDT
                  The Associated Press
                  By GREG RISLING

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Move over Darth Vader. Captain Jack Sparrow is king for a day. Preliminary estimates released by Disney show that "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" earned $55.5 million on Friday, which would set the record for the largest one-day take at the box office.

The previous record was set last year by "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith," which grossed about $50 million.

The movie was shown on 4,133 screens, beginning at midnight Friday. Only 2004's "Shrek 2" and "Spider-Man 2" debuted on more screens.

Disney also received reports of continuous sellouts and requests to add more screens at multiplexes.

The Rest

Comment

• Ellyllions
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2006

Loved it overall...little hard to keep up with the 3 or 4 story plots. Began to get a little grossed out over Davey Jones tentacles (YUCK) after 2 1/2 hours. But it will be a part of my DVD collection this Christmas.

Loved the fact that this passed April I was there....the whole ending scene was shot in a place that we went Kayaking.....see...

"If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I actually prefered this to the first one, which I wasn't that keen on.

Lots of twists and turns in the plots, and achieves the rare feat among modern script writers of balancing out lots of major characters without having anyone really suffer.

Highly recommended.
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

i absolutely LOVED this movie,it was GREAT,and the ending was unexpected,very cool
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Took DLoc Jr. to it yesterday....

Thought it was very good.

Coulda been great but it was just too damn long....

If they woulda trimmed 25 minutes off of it, which they easily could have done, it would have been better.
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

I caught JOhnny Depp on the radio today....doing promotion for the flick.....

"I'd do PIRATES 7...I mean "Why Not?" I love playing Captain Jack Sparrow. There's a lot more to tell with the character."

HA!!! "PIRATES 7"

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I never thought Depp would allow himself to be part of a trilogy and beyond...

But in this case, I'm glad he has.
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...