PDA

View Full Version : Juan Pablo Montoya leaving Formula One for NASCAR

POJO_Risin
07-09-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure how much success he's had in F1...I've seen some races...and it seems as though he's a upper-middle of the pack kinda guy there...

re-teaming with Ganassi seems like a good move...and coming to NASCAR as well...

he was with Ganassi with CART and won the title in 1999...and I think won Indy in 2000....

before making the move to F1...

isn't Villenueve in F1 still?

is that even his name...lmfao...

DavidLeeNatra
07-09-2006, 06:10 PM
montoya is perfect for nescar, I guess...he is a "spectacular" driver...villeneuve is still driving, but not very successfull...

POJO_Risin
07-09-2006, 06:21 PM
So Montoya is good?

the "" left me to wonder...

NASCAR is a different entity whatsoever...bulkier cars...less aerodynamic...

and no fucking road coarses...2 a year...

DavidLeeNatra
07-09-2006, 06:33 PM
the "" meant that montoya is driving spectacular because he risks accidents very often even with his teammates...he never ever breaks for nothing...

POJO_Risin
07-09-2006, 06:56 PM
is he losing his ride?

or making a choice?

and you are right...that would be perfect for NASCAR...

lmfao...Montoya in NASCAR?

there are going to be a few rednecks that aren't happy...

DavidLeeNatra
07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
is he losing his ride?

or making a choice?

and you are right...that would be perfect for NASCAR...

lmfao...Montoya in NASCAR?

there are going to be a few rednecks that aren't happy...

he just "owns" the road :D

and it's never his fault if he kicks somebody out...

POJO_Risin
07-09-2006, 07:08 PM
like I said...perfect for NASCAR...lmfao.

He'll be trading paint before to long...and I'm sure his old friend Tony Stewart will be waiting to put him in the wall.

rustoffa
07-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I'd guess there's ALOT of money behind this. They (SPEED) had Gordon commentating during the USGP last week, and schmoozing with Montoya during the pre-race festivities. NASCAR is bound and determined to evolve, and this deal has been in the cooker for months.

It'll be intersting to see how he adapts...maybe they'll tape a picture of a computer screen on his Bush car steering wheel?

Was Mario the last F1 driver to win the Daytona 500?

POJO_Risin
07-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Hmmmmm...

I've read some stuff about NASCAR wanting to have a european championship at some point...

Has any other F1 guy ever won Daytona?

I don't think so...

didn't Zanardi race some in NASCAR?

rustoffa
07-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Hmmmmm...

I've read some stuff about NASCAR wanting to have a european championship at some point...

:D

They're probably thinking the WORLD. LMFAO, the rednecks will be ultra-pissed when Dubai rolls around, and there's no beer.

POJO_Risin
07-09-2006, 08:30 PM
hahahahaha...that would be funny as shit...100,000 rednecks flying to the Middle East...

christ...we might have ended the War on Terror 5 years ago...

Romeo Delight
07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
I didn't want to start a seperate thread for this:

"I think Danica's pretty aggressive in our cars," Carpenter said Wednesday on WGFX-FM in Nashville.

"I mean, you know especially if you catch her at the right time of the month, she might be trading plenty of paint out there," he said. "But I think she'll hold her own. Who's she's going to drive for is hard to say. I don't think she's leaving, so we'll see."

Carpenter later told The Associated Press he didn't mean to be disrespectful of Patrick by using a female stereotype.

Uh yeaaah, sure

:D

BITEYOASS
07-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't like dem dare foreigners gettin in ma NASCAR damnit!!! It's become too damn family friendly, now this shit!?!? What ever happened to the good ole' days when NASCAR was more like a drunken Honky Tonk with fist fights in the pit after the race?

rustoffa
07-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Alonso ripped Montablo a new one earlier...this was prior to a Ferrari/Bridgestone ass-whooping at the FGP.

"A driver has to have motivation and be quick. He has to be aggressive in his driving style," Alonso said. "Maybe he lost a little bit of motivation.

"So the best thing is to find a new one. In NASCAR he will do a great job, hopefully."

:lol: :drive:

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=6&id=2519400)

POJO_Risin
07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Well...looks like he'll be rollin' before the Championship races start...could be interesting...especially if he puts some people into the wall...lmfao...

twonabomber
07-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I don't like dem dare foreigners gettin in ma NASCAR damnit!!!

be ready to get real pissed when Toyota starts racing Camrys. next year, i think.

POJO_Risin
07-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah...it's next year...

and there is rumors that Dodge is going to leave again?

has anyone else heard this?

twonabomber
07-16-2006, 11:30 PM
i haven't heard that yet, but there is speculation that once the Challenger hits the market, they will race those instead of Chargers.

POJO_Risin
07-16-2006, 11:45 PM
I saw something a few weeks ago while talking about Toyota...

there was a subheading that I didn't read...

Is Dodge leaving Nascar...

didn't read it though...

BITEYOASS
07-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Dodge leaving NASCAR?!?! Speaking of Dodge, I saw a Ram and a Mitsubishi get into an accident about a few weeks ago. The Ram got a small dent in the fender and the Mitsubishi's entire front end got knocked off! That's what they get for Pearl Harbor BIAAAATCH! :D

Smokey McPot
07-25-2006, 03:51 AM
we dont need anymore mexicans in NASCAR!

BITEYOASS
07-26-2006, 02:23 PM
We don't need anymore Californians in NASCAR either!

rustoffa
07-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Ferrari & company kicked their asses again today. 3 in a row. Fucking Flavio piled the blistered Michelins up in the garage for the whole world to see. Earlier this week, he said that Michelin needs to "wake up." Way to help your case dipshit. Michelin is out after this season....with all the problems Ferarri had initially with Bridgestone, they kept the tire conditions confidential post-race. They never bitched.

Maybe the F1 front office is buying into NASCAR's drama formula? I doubt it.

The pressure's on Flavio! Go get your boy a bottle of sangria, and a fresh set of Michelins'!!!