PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Reagan: List his accomplishments here...

Nickdfresh
07-09-2006, 08:53 PM
I see several here admire Reagan as if he were a demi-god, no, a full god actually. So, list his accomplishments/failures here. I'll start off with a link to his official short bio:
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c584-12.jpg
Ronald Reagan

At the end of his two terms in office, Ronald Reagan viewed with satisfaction the achievements of his innovative program known as the Reagan Revolution, which aimed to reinvigorate the American people and reduce their reliance upon Government. He felt he had fulfilled his campaign pledge of 1980 to restore "the great, confident roar of American progress and growth and optimism."

The Rest Here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/rr40.html)

Matt White
07-09-2006, 09:05 PM
He cut survivor benefits to widows & kids..................

LoungeMachine
07-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Secretly negotiating with terrorists to win release of the hostages and win the election.

Iran-Contra

Cutting and running in Beruit.

Giving his DCIA a frontal Lobotomy.

Voodoo Economics.

There's 5 for now......

Ellyllions
07-09-2006, 09:13 PM
-He almost got us all killed in the Cold War.

-He left Ollie North out to dry.

-My neighbor had to go to Guatemala under Ronnie's watch.

-One of my college instructors believed Ronnie had ties to the mafia because he only pardoned mafia people.

-Genesis had a puppet in the video "Land of Confusion" that looked like Ronnie.

-Even though he managed to make enemies on Capitol Hill during his stint at the White House, they all seemed genuinely sorry to hear of his passing.

But most importantly:
-He stayed out of my way whilst I was busy being a selfish teenage brat of the 80's.

Nickdfresh
07-09-2006, 09:14 PM
This is going to be a very long thread...

thome
07-09-2006, 09:15 PM
He was always clean shaven.

He was also a gentleman.

He belived the office of the presidency was a sacred trust to the
continuation of the ideals of freedom and free thinking men.

1.The First real acomplishment i cared about was I believe he did the right thing by releasing the Shaw of Irans assets to free the hostages.

2.The second was really bringing the reality of the oppression of eastern european people to the forefront of the world and on every persons lips to the point of the Russian govt had no other option than to open up 1/4 of the world that once was behind bars for 40 years.

There may be others these seem to be enough..

blueturk
07-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Reagan wasn't known as "The Teflon President" for nothing.Scandals abounded in the Reagan years. As I'm sure Elvis will confirm, dying sometimes makes people seem better than they actually were...

Iran-Contra Affair

Main article: Iran Contra Affair
In the Iran-Contra Affair, several administration staffers were convicted of crimes ranging from lying to Congress to conspiracy to defraud the U.S. The scandal involved the administration selling arms to the radical Islamic regime in Iran and using proceeds from the sales to illegally fund the Contras, a guerrilla group in Nicaragua.

Elliott Abrams
Elliot Abramsagreed to cooperate with investigators and in return was indicted and plead guilty to two misdemeanor charges. He was sentenced to two years probation and one hundred hours of community service. He was pardoned by George H.W. Bush on December 24, 1992 along with five other former Reagan Administration officials who had been implicated in connection with Iran-Contra.

National Security Advisor Robert C. McFarlane, pled guilty to four misdemeanors and was sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service and was ordered to pay a $20,000 fine.He was pardoned by Bush.

Alan D. Fiers was the Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's Central American Task Force. He pled guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding information from congress and was sentenced to one year of probation and one hundred hours of community service. He was pardoned by Bush.

Richard R. Miller - Partner with Oliver North in IBC, an Office of Public Diplomacy front group, convicted of conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Clair George was Chief of the CIA's Division of Covert Operations under President Reagan. George was convicted of lying to two congressional committees in 1986. He was pardoned by Bush.

Richard Secord was indicted on nine felony counts of lying to Congress and pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to Congress.[10][11]
Thomas G. Clineswas convicted of four counts of tax-related offenses for failing to report income from the Iran/Contra operations.

Carl R. Channel - Office of Public Diplomacy , partner in International Business- first person convicted in the Iran/Contra scandal, pleaded guilty of one count of defrauding the United States

John Poindexter, Reagan's national security advisor, was found guilty of five criminal accounts including lying to Congress, conspiracy and obstruction of justice. His conviction was later overturned on grounds that he did not receive a fair trial (the prosecution may have been influenced by his immunized testimony in front of Congress.)[16][17]
Oliver North was indicted on sixteen charges in the Iran/Contra affair and found guilty of three - aiding and abetting obstruction of Congress, shredding or altering official documents and accepting a gratuity. His convictions were later overturned on the grounds that his immunized testimony had tainted his trial.[18][19]

Department of Housing and Urban Development grant rigging
The HUD controversy involved administration staffers granting federal funding to constituents, and defrauding the US government out of money intended for low income housing. Judge Arlin Adamns obtained the following convictions:

James WattJames Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 24 felony counts and pleaded guilty to a single misdemeanor. He was sentenced to five years probation, and order to pay a $5000 fine.

Philip Winn - Assistant HUD Secretary. Pleaded guilty to one count of scheming to give illegal gratuities.

Thomas Demery - Assistant HUD Secretary - pleaded guilty to steering HUD subsidies to politically connected donors.[22]

Deborah Gore Dean - executive assistant to Samuel Pierce - indicted on thirteen counts, three counts of conspiracy, one count of accepting an illegal gratuity, four counts of perjury, and five counts of concealing articles. She was convicted on twelve accounts. She appealed and prevailed on several accounts but the convictions for conspiracy remained.

Catalina Villaponda - Former US Treasurer, HUD

Joseph A. Strauss - Accepting kickbacks

Lobbying Scandal
When an administration staff member leaves office, federal law governs how quickly one can begin a lobbying career.

Michael Deaver, Reagan’s Chief of Staff, was convicted of lying to both a congressional committee and to a federal grand jury about his lobbying activities after he left the government. He received three years probation and was fined one hundred thousand dollars after being convicted for lying to a congressional subcommittee.[25]
Lyn Nofziger—White House Press Secretary - Convicted on charges of illegal lobbying after leaving government service in Wedtech scandal. His conviction was later overturned.

EPA controversy
The Environmental Protection Agency Scandal arose when it was discovered that the administration was releasing Superfund grants for cleaning up local toxic waste sites to enhance the election prospects of local officials aligned with the Republican Party.

Rita Lavelle was convicted of lying to Congress and served three months of a six-month prison sentence.

Savings & Loan Bailout
His "elimination of loopholes" in the tax code included the elimination of the "passive loss" provisions that subsidized rental housing. Because this was removed retroactively it bankrupted many real estate developments made with this tax break as a premise. This with some other "deregulation" policies (ratified by a Democratic congress) ultimately led to the largest political and financial scandal in U.S. history: The Savings and Loan crisis.

An indication of this scandal's size: "The theft from the taxpayer by the community that fattened on the growth of the savings and loan (S&L) industry in the 1980's is the worst public scandal in American history. Teapot Dome in the Harding administration and the Credit Mobilier in the times of Ulysses S. Grant have been taken as the ultimate horror stories of capitalist democracy gone to seed. Measuring by money, [or] by the misallocation of national resources...the S&L outrage makes Teapot Dome and Credit Mobilier seem minor episodes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

LoungeMachine
07-09-2006, 09:57 PM
We've outlawed Russia

The Bombing begins in 5 minutes

-The Gipper

FORD
07-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Drove the price of Jelly Bellies sky high, by claiming them as his favorite candy.

Thanks, motherfucker! :mad:

WARF
07-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Don't forget about him raising phone bills...
Here's one for the gipper!!!

thome
07-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Questions :

Is not the connotation(sp) of the word -Accomplishment- in refference to, a lead into, the description of a -Possitive- view of the Regan presidency.

Ronald Reagan: List his accomplishments here...

Why do others percive that to mean Write down all the ways RR Fukked the World Completely and Totally .I want this to be seen as a negativity thing not a accomplishment at all.

Am I wrong on the definition of the word accomplishment..?

Jerry H
07-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I see several here admire Reagan as if he were a demi-god, no, a full god actually. So, list his accomplishments/failures here. I'll start off with a link to his official short bio:
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c584-12.jpg
Ronald Reagan

At the end of his two terms in office, Ronald Reagan viewed with satisfaction the achievements of his innovative program known as the Reagan Revolution, which aimed to reinvigorate the American people and reduce their reliance upon Government. He felt he had fulfilled his campaign pledge of 1980 to restore "the great, confident roar of American progress and growth and optimism."

The Rest Here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/rr40.html)

He was a good fucking Actor back in the 30's and 40's amongst other things.

:D

jcook11
07-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Made most (liberal nazis at this forum are excused) Americans feel better about themselves.Rebuilt decimated defense spending.

"Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall!"

DEMON CUNT
07-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
Made most (liberal nazis at this forum are excused) Americans feel better about themselves.

Ahh, did poor jkook not feel good about herself before Reagan was president? That's hilarious! Maybe it was more of a not so fresh feeling.

WACF
07-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
We've outlawed Russia

The Bombing begins in 5 minutes

-The Gipper

That one was pretty funny.

I saw on some show about the cold war that the Russians believed Ronnie was crazy enough to do it...they feared him.

Unchainme
07-10-2006, 05:13 PM
He helped put in place SDI, so If we ever get nuked by Koreans were not fucked.

and thats about it.

Well that And thanks to him a lot of GRATE punk, new wave, metal music was created in the 80's, Rocking against him :).

Guitar Shark
07-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
He helped put in place SDI, so If we ever get nuked by Koreans were not fucked.

I take it you believe that SDI is operational?

jcook11
07-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Biggest tax cuts in history at the time i think.

Warham
07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

The Russians seemed to think it would work, didn't they?

:D

DEMON CUNT
07-10-2006, 05:37 PM
http://cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/interactive/law/0201/shredded.documents.timeline/story.1986.jpg

Unchainme
07-10-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm not sure, If it is than good for him, if not, than were screwed

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
http://cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/interactive/law/0201/shredded.documents.timeline/story.1986.jpg

Arms for hostages :D.
I never understood why Ollie is still doing shit after that, he's on faux news all the time.

Guitar Shark
07-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure

Exactly why you shouldn't be posting in this forum. Stick to the Sheep Pen.

jcook11
07-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Ahh, did poor jkook not feel good about herself before Reagan was president? That's hilarious! Maybe it was more of a not so fresh feeling.

America wasn't feeling so great about itself after the Jimmy fiasco, High unemployment, high taxes, high interest rates. The world laughing at us.Reagan turned that around like it or not.

Kristy
07-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Let's see:

Pros: Cut student funding while pushing for immense military spending. Brainwashed America into believing that patriotism was really his warped form of fascism. Was senile, a dry drunk and married a cunt wife who thought the drug problem in this country could be easily solved with the use of just one word. Hated poor people, especially welfare mothers and Satanic rock music.

Cons: Never got the war with Russia he had hoped for. Seriously believed in aliens possibly "invading" and therefore initiated the "Star Wars" program just in case those little green men turned out to be Commie after all. Was highly paranoid of anybody who didn't have an American flag hanging up in their garage. Tried to push for one to ease that itch in his flag-waving asshole with Libya or Iran but they pussed out on him, too. Ate jellybeans by the fucking handful while over looking the problem of tooth decay and obesity in the USA. Had George Senior as his "right-man who was really responsible for running the country thoughout the 80's (particularly in Central America where he formed death squads and hired certain politcal dictators to bring hardcore drugs into the "just say no" heartland).

jcook11
07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Kristy
Let's see:

Pros: Cut student funding while pushing for immense military spending. Brainwashed America into believing that patriotism was really his warped form of fascism. Was senile, a dry drunk and married a cunt wife who thought the drug problem in this country could be easily solved with the use of just one word. Hated poor people, especially welfare mothers and Satanic rock music.

Cons: Never got the war with Russia he had hoped for. Seriously believed in aliens possibly "invading" and herefore initiated the "Star Wars" program just in case those little green men turned out to be Commie. Tried to push for one to ease that itch in his flag-waving asshole with Libya or Iran but they pussed out on him, too. Ate jellybeans by the fucking handful while over looking the problem of tooth decay and obesity in the USA. Had George Senior as his "right-man who was really responsible for running the country thoughout the 80's (particularly in Central America where he formed death squads and hired certain politcal dictators to bring hardcore drugs into the "just say no" heartland).

YAWN.............:cry2:

Kristy
07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry, did I insult your patrioism? Better report me to the Thought Police right away, you FAT asshole.

Guitar Shark
07-10-2006, 07:01 PM
sunnyside up?

thome
07-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Let's see:

Cons: Never got the war with Russia he had hoped for. Seriously believed in aliens possibly "invading" and therefore initiated the "Star Wars" program just in case those little green men turned out to be Commie after all. Was highly paranoid of anybody who didn't have an American flag hanging up in their garage. Tried to push for one to ease that itch in his flag-waving asshole with Libya or Iran but they pussed out on him, too. Ate jellybeans by the fucking handful while over looking the problem of tooth decay and obesity in the USA. Had George Senior as his "right-man who was really responsible for running the country thoughout the 80's (particularly in Central America where he formed death squads and hired certain politcal dictators to bring hardcore drugs into the "just say no" heartland).

It's tough not being a man, but keep trying.

Hi I'm thome ,nice to meet you, i have no problem with you, that's just
how i feel about this post..:eek:

Kristy
07-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Must be a lot tougher going through life with a small penis.

Guitar Shark
07-10-2006, 07:17 PM
LMFAO.....

thome
07-10-2006, 07:20 PM

I have a tatoo on it that sais- Inflate Here-.

Also , It doesn't have to be warmed up in the Microwave...

jcook11
07-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry, did I insult your patrioism? Better report me to the Thought Police right away, you FAT asshole.

No but I will report you to the"dream police":D

Nickdfresh
07-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Well, ahem, let give a couple positive Reagan accomplishments.

He did raise military spending by 35%,even though spending was increasing under Carter, and most of the weapons systems were already in place like the M-1 tank, F-16/F-15 fighters, and of course he brought back bloated weapons systems that have been next to useless or were redundant, like the B-1 bomber.

He did put the final nail in the Soviet economic coffin by bluffing them with rhetoric, then actually negotiating. So, no, I do not think Reagan was all bad by any means. He also intensified the war against the Red Army in Afghanistan which Carter had begun funding. However, as he started throwing more money to the CIA, control was lost and Saudi Wahabbists began to fund Islamic cunts like, well, you know...

He also had a sense of humor, even making Walter Mondale laugh during the 1984 Presidential debate. Can you imagine that today? It wasn't really Reagan that started this bitterness between the partisan wings. Too bad those that followed him did, although Lee Atwater was sort of a cunt, even he was far above Rove and those pricks...

BTW Uncahinme, SDI was never deployed, because it was way too fucking expensive and essentially unworkable...

thome
07-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[B

BTW Uncahinme, SDI was never deployed, because it was way too fucking expensive and essentially unworkable... [/B]

As far as We know..?

Nickdfresh
07-10-2006, 08:18 PM
It wasn't. We'd know. That's what that lame 'missile defense' business is about in Cali and Alaska...

thome
07-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Kinda like all the state of the art weapons on the History Channel and Discovery Channel being shown to the world and everyone, like The Freedomof Information Acts give documentary makers access to
all of our latest Smart Bombs and 50 cal sniper rifels hand
fired from the prone position with a acurate kill range of one mile..?

All that kinda stuff makes me think -What Aren't- they telling us.

That we have allready broken the Light Speed Barrier and Aliens are
giveing us weapons that make all the stuff we see as state of the art
50 years out of date....?

Ahh......... the conspirasies Reagan started with SDI...........endless
speculation..

Unchainme
07-10-2006, 09:36 PM
"The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), commonly called Star Wars after the popular science fiction movies of the time, was a system proposed by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on March 23, 1983[1] to use ground-based and space-based systems to protect the United States from attack by strategic nuclear ballistic missiles. The initiative focused on strategic defense rather than the previous strategic offense doctrine of mutual assured destruction. Though it was never fully developed or deployed, the research and technologies of SDI paved the way for some Anti-ballistic missile systems of today. The Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) was set up in 1984 within the United States Department of Defense to the Strategic Defense Initiative. Under the administration of President Bill Clinton in 1993, its name was changed to the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization (BMDO) and its emphasis was shifted from national missile defense to theater missile defense, i.e. from global to regional coverage. This article covers defense efforts under the SDIO."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

LoungeMachine
07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Exactly why you shouldn't be posting in this forum. Stick to the Sheep Pen.

Same goes for wifebeater, pandafucker, 4morequeers, and WarBOT:D

jcook11
07-10-2006, 11:23 PM

Typical liberal response when they have no argument or ideas....Hateful name calling :cry2: :guzzle:

matt19
07-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Drove the price of Jelly Bellies sky high, by claiming them as his favorite candy.

Thanks, motherfucker! :mad:

lmao

Hardrock69
07-12-2006, 09:39 AM
He successfully drooled on many of his speeches....

Nickdfresh
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
"The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), commonly called Star Wars after the popular science fiction movies of the time, was a system proposed by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on March 23, 1983[1] to use ground-based and space-based systems to protect the United States from attack by strategic nuclear ballistic missiles. The initiative focused on strategic defense rather than the previous strategic offense doctrine of mutual assured destruction. Though it was never fully developed or deployed, the research and technologies of SDI paved the way for some Anti-ballistic missile systems of today. The Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) was set up in 1984 within the United States Department of Defense to the Strategic Defense Initiative. Under the administration of President Bill Clinton in 1993, its name was changed to the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization (BMDO) and its emphasis was shifted from national missile defense to theater missile defense, i.e. from global to regional coverage. This article covers defense efforts under the SDIO."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

So what's your point? That the Missile Defense Ini. is anywhere near the scale of SDI? Dude, do some reading on the subject, there's a hell of a difference between a few ABMs (something we had up until the early 70s ABM Treaty anyway) and a blanket of military "Star Wars" satellites firing lasers and projectiles at MIRVs...

Fricking dope...

Jerry H
07-13-2006, 12:57 AM

diamond den defending our freedom

http://www.thebluething.com/img/internet-soldier.jpg

:o

Nickdfresh
07-13-2006, 05:38 AM
<span id="glowtext">Jerry H</span></b></font></font><br>
<font color="#ffa200">
<b>
<font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1">Banned</font></b></font>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tbody><tr>
<td align="center" background="classic/infobg.gif" width="100%">
<p align="center"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1">

Buhbye bitch...