PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Newbie to the trading scene

Hollywood Jesus
04-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Vintage VH is my favorite group and I need a little something beyond the original six releases.

How do I get started?
What are the "must haves"?

Looked at vhtrading.com, but let's get some input here. As a film guy, I'm most interested in video/DVD, but anything is cool.

I found a VH bootleg CD called "I'm so Glad" at a dark-alley record shop. How does it rate with others?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Jesus Christ
04-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Verily ye should register at www.sharingthegroove.org My son. Ye should see what they hath over there right now.

Alex Mogilny
04-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
Vintage VH is my favorite group and I need a little something beyond the original six releases.

How do I get started?
What are the "must haves"?

Looked at vhtrading.com, but let's get some input here. As a film guy, I'm most interested in video/DVD, but anything is cool.

I found a VH bootleg CD called "I'm so Glad" at a dark-alley record shop. How does it rate with others?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Stay away from vhtrading.com

Cato
04-24-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Culsu
I thought bootlegging was illegal.

This is GAR's usual opinion about boots.

Lou
04-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Trading in the VH world is a bitch, there are just so many BAD copies of shows floating around. Not just mp3, but poor ripping leading to rough track transitions between every track. I hate listening to a show like that. If you don't care about that, there's plenty of mp3 to go around. Go to DDLR.com and you'll find that there, although in the last week they've now put up shows in FLAC format (compresses the files without losing quality like mp3 does).

Just so you know, outside of the VH community nobody trades for mp3.