PDA

View Full Version : Lovers Have Sex in Tree, Taunt N.Y. Police

rustoffa
04-23-2004, 02:01 PM
From Fox News:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117952,00.html

Lovers Have Sex in Tree, Taunt N.Y. Police

Friday, April 23, 2004

NEW YORK — Two gay lovers — a man in a black dress and a boy in only a pair of shorts — protested their families' lack of understanding for their relationship by climbing a Central Park (search) tree on Thursday, stripping, performing lewd acts in front of onlookers and refusing to come down for hours.

The lovers, ages 32 and 17, scaled the 55-foot larch tree next to the Chess and Checkers House (search) around 4 p.m., said Detective John Sweeney, a police department spokesman.

The couple had told the boy's parents about their relationship and been rebuked, police said.

The man — described by the New York Post as a pre-operative transsexual — played on branches near the top of the tree and waved at onlookers while the boy sat quietly a few feet below him. Police said the man later performed oral sex on the boy and stripped down to a thong to taunt them.

Police were alerted to the mischief when an onlooker flagged down a bicycle officer. When Emergency Services Unit (search) officers responded, "the two individuals began to shout obscenities to the approaching officers, threatening to push the officers down and throw branches at them in an effort to ward the officers off," police Inspector William Callahan said.

The two were in danger of falling because the tree's largest branches were only 4 inches thick and couldn't support their weight for long, said police, who set up an inflatable safety mat on the ground.

Police negotiators who went up the tree to talk the couple down gave them soft drinks — a Diet Vanilla Coke was one specific demand — and water. A crowd of about 100 onlookers stood nearby.

After about five hours, police put harnesses on the lovers and began to lure them down. The names of the lovers were not immediately released.

The couple were taken to a hospital for evaluation, and Callahan said arrests and criminal charges depended on the outcomes of those evaluations.

No one was injured in the bizarre Earth Day stunt, Callahan said.

"When I heard they were in a tree," he said, "I figured it was very fitting."

— The New York Post contributed to this report.

Sarge
04-24-2004, 06:14 PM
geesh.
That is some wild shit.
Wouldn't you want to kill that guy?

BITEYOASS
04-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Why the hell did the NYPD go light on these flamers. I would have gotten a chainsaw and TIMBER!!! Oh yeah, I forgot the PC police were there also and would have thought of my idea as Politically incorrect. FUCK EM!!!

rustoffa
04-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Yeah, are pellet guns illegal in NYC too? My daisy powerline woulda gotten some work.

BITEYOASS
04-24-2004, 11:49 PM
You know in Detroit these guys would have been dead before the police got there. :D