PDA

View Full Version : Worst video of 1985

FORD
07-11-2006, 07:22 PM
The year Van Halen split up. The year FORD graduated. The year with 9 more shitty videos to pick from. Or nominate your own......

WARF
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
oooooohh... that was rough...
I think Adam Ant takes the cake...
bad..bad..bad...

Seshmeister
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Between Elvis and Warf this should be called the YouTubeArmy.com...:)

Adam Ant is cool.:)

WARF
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
here's a honorable mention...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cH2X5PolerA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cH2X5PolerA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Unchainme
07-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I never understood the hate for home sweet home, compared to the shitty wannabe Nu Metal Ballads of today it sounds like Stairway To Heaven LMMFAO.

Hear 'N Aid, I auctually like that shit as well for some reason, It auctually raised MORE money than We are the world, I believe. :).

FORD
07-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I never understood the hate for home sweet home, compared to the shitty wannabe Nu Metal Ballads of today it sounds like Stairway To Heaven LMMFAO.

Yes, but compared to the first two Motley Crue albums, it was horrid trash, as was most of Theater of Pain.

Hear 'N Aid, I auctually like that shit as well for some reason, It auctually raised MORE money than We are the world, I believe. :).

Yeah, it would have been OK if they had let DIO sing the whole thing, or maybe him and Halford. But not DuBrow, Joe Lynn Foreigner, and the rest of those rug wearing posers. And instead of a 3 minute guitar solo with everyone getting 10 seconds, why not a couple decent solos from the guys who can actually PLAY worth a shit and call it good.

Can you imagine the nightmare of editing that mess into a passble song?

Figs
07-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Gotta go with We are the World, I always hated that song, good cause or not....I actually like Alive and Kicking & Home Sweet Home (maybe not the videos). I almost voted for Strip....

MAPRamone
07-12-2006, 04:08 AM
i'm gonna go with Arcadia. Can you imagine what We Are The World would sound like if done today? I mean Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce would probably join so it would sound like "Weeaaeeooh aaauuueeeooaarrreeaaahh the woooouuuooeeeaaaoorllld" with all of them doing runs up and down the scale. The song would become 20 minutes long and sound ten times as horrible as it did!

binnie
07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Arcadia, awful that guys dancing at the beginning....

1985 was the worst collection of videos in these polls,
Brought back painful memories...

Seshmeister
07-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

The lyrics were disturbing.

'We're Stars'?

Fuck off.

Plus most of them weren't...:)