PDA

View Full Version : The Mike Jefferson...er...Mike Danton Story

POJO_Risin
04-23-2004, 09:12 PM
What a fucking story this shit is...

Dude isn't a great player...but definately servicable...

had a troubled past...but a future in the league...

lmfao...then he hires a hit man...for a measly 10 grand...to whack someone...and rumor has that it's his agent...

and to top off this fucking unbelievable story...

the hitman turns him in...

what a dumb fuck...

POJO_Risin
04-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Was his name Jefferson?

Snoo
04-23-2004, 09:39 PM
It was Jefferson, yes. He changed it while he was with New Jersey. Yesterday the news out of the St. Louis media was that it was his gay live-in lover he was trying to have whacked, probably because he wanted to tell the team and Danton knew the consequences it would have. Makes sense.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Snoo
It was Jefferson, yes. He changed it while he was with New Jersey. Yesterday the news out of the St. Louis media was that it was his gay live-in lover he was trying to have whacked, probably because he wanted to tell the team and Danton knew the consequences it would have. Makes sense.

Makes sense? that he would kill him because he was going to out him...

I've heard his agent...

I've heard his dad...

the gay live-in lover certainly would sell more papers though...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:03 AM
You know you're having a bad day though when a fucking hitman sells you out...

Dude was probably like, "10 grand...10 grand!...what a cheap fucker..."

Bob_R
05-04-2004, 03:31 PM
EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. -- St. Louis Blues forward Mike Danton pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges that he conspired to kill an acquaintance in a murder-for-hire plot.

Danton, wearing an orange jail-issued jumpsuit, spoke in calm and measured tones in brief responses to questions from U.S. Magistrate Gerald Cohn at the federal courthouse in East St. Louis, Ill. He is charged with conspiring and using a telephone across state lines to attempt a murder.

Three of Danton's relatives -- mother Sue Jefferson, brother Tom Jefferson and aunt Linda Gebe -- were at the hearing. So were two of Danton's Blues teammates, Scott Mellanby and Doug Weight, along with team marketing director Jim Woodcock.

"We're here just to observe and support Mike, to show him we stand by him," Woodcock said.

Gebe said the family is holding up "as well as can be expected" under the circumstances.

Cohn set a detention hearing for Friday afternoon. Danton will remain in the Clinton County, Ill., jail until then. Federal prosecutor Randy Massey said the government will recommend that Danton remain jailed.

Danton's alleged accomplice, 19-year-old Katie Wolfmeyer, pleaded not guilty Thursday and is free on $100,000 bond.

Federal authorities said Danton wanted the acquaintance killed after the two men argued April 13 over Danton's "promiscuity and use of alcohol." Danton allegedly "begged the acquaintance not to go to the general manager of the St. Louis Blues hockey organization and ruin his career," according to an FBI criminal complaint filed in the case.

The identity of the target has been a mystery. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, citing law enforcement sources, reported last month that Danton's agent, Dave Frost, was the target of the alleged plot. Frost has denied that he was a target and has refused to discuss specifics of the case, according to the newspaper.

Prosecutors said Danton, with Wolfmeyer's help, hired what they thought was a hit man for $10,000 to kill the acquaintance at Danton's suburban St. Louis apartment while he was out of town for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Danton was arrested April 16 in San Jose, Calif., a day after the San Jose Sharks beat the Blues to eliminate them from the playoffs. He returned to the St. Louis area Monday. Danton and Wolfmeyer were indicted April 22.

Danton was born Mike Jefferson but changed his name in 2002, saying that he no longer wanted to be associated with his family.

Danton came to the Blues in a June trade from the New Jersey Devils, where he had been twice suspended for disciplinary reasons. This past season he had seven goals, 12 points and 141 penalty minutes, which tied him for most on the team.

The Blues have declined to comment on the case, though Blues players last month issued a statement showing support for their teammate.

lucky wilbury
05-09-2004, 01:03 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=83232&hubName=nhl

Danton thanks agent, slams family

TSN.ca Staff

5/8/2004

St. Louis Blues forward Mike Danton has gone public for the first time since being arrested for allegedly trying to arrange the murder of an acquaintence.

Danton read a prepared statement over the phone Friday night from Clinton County Jail.

He phoned a select few media outlets, including TSN, and was facilitated in those calls by his agent David Frost.

This happened just hours after the prosecution claimed Frost was Danton's intended victim.

The statement didn't mention the case at all.

Instead, Danton, who was once known as Mike Jefferson, targeted his family, outlining alleged physical and emotional abuses he suffered while growing up.

Here are portions of the statement he read:

"First of all, I'd like to thank my agent, Dave Frost, and his family for all their time and support. Also, my close friends for their co-operation and involvement. I would also like to express my appreciation to the St. Louis Blues organization and players for their caring and support."

"With regards to the Jeffersons, their recent publicity rants are nothing new to myself. The deceptions and lies throughout the past three weeks are a sign of the erratic lifestyle that I have lived. I have changed my last name to fully distance myself from the Jeffersons and, in no means, have had or will have anything to do with them in the future."

"This abuse occurred as early as I can remember and also continued until the time I left the household. I was constantly degraded and put down at early ages."

"As mentioned before, I was neglected many daily necessities, as well as the abandonment of love, care and direction."

"One pair of track pants and two t-shirts created an abundance of embarrassment for a young boy going to school such as myself, coupled with the fact that I wasn't given lunch to eat or money to buy lunch. Dinner was rare and, on many occasions, I would visit friends' houses in search of food and washroom use, due to the fact that there was no toilet paper at the Jefferson house."

"I wanted to share this small amount of information with you to set the record straight and show that there are two sides to the story. Also, that I have had no interest and will have no interest in the future to have any contact whatsoever with the Jeffersons."

Danton's father, Steve Jefferson, was made aware of the statement, and had this response:

"I'm really hurt by it. His mother will be floored. That's Dave Frost talking. You'd think that his brother and his mother would remember these things and they don't at all. It hurts the family to hear that type of nonsense from him, but it just shows how badly Mike needs help."

Once again, Danton's statement was facilitated by David Frost, who spoke to TSN shortly before Danton called.

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which also heard the statement, Danton's attorney Robert Haar said he knew nothing about the statement, and didn't know his client was going to speak publicly.

Roth & Roll
05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
This guy is a mess.
His agent has obviously brainwashed him and turned him against his family.

The guy allegedly hired a hit man to whack his agent, and now he's singing the guy's praises? WTF??

On a side note, the judge handling the case has ordered "Danton" and David Frost to cease all communication between each other.

Stay tuned...