PDA

View Full Version : Bend Over America!!

Nickdfresh
07-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Oil Prices Reach New High Around $76
Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:04 AM EDT
The Associated Press (http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?id=12940190&ps=1010&lang=en)
By ROBERT BARR

LONDON (AP) — Oil prices hit a new intraday high near $76 a barrel Thursday in a market agitated by escalating violence in the Middle East and news of explosions on Nigerian pipelines.

Israeli warplanes struck the runways of Beirut's international airport as part of a campaign against Hezbollah, which attacked Israeli border positions Wednesday and captured two soldiers.

Adding to market tensions was news that Iran, OPEC's No. 2 supplier, was referred back to the U.N. Security Council Wednesday after nuclear talks failed to yield agreements.

"Geopolitics, the markets, Iran and Iraq and Lebanon, all that turmoil is in the front of people's minds and the tensions in the region gets the most attention," said Kevin Norrish, energy analyst for Barclays Capital in London.

"But, it's also due to the spare capacity in the region, and we've known about this for a while now. It's difficult to replace lost output right now.," Norrish said.

Light, sweet crude for August delivery on the New York Mercantile Exchange shot up 94 cents to $75.89 a barrel, surpassing the previous intraday high of $75.78 set last Friday. By midday in Europe, the price eased back to $75.82, up 87 cents.

Front-month August Brent on London's ICE Futures exchange also hit a high, climbing $1.18 to $75.57 a barrel, above its previous $75.09 per barrel high set Friday.

"With little prospect of any good news on Nigeria, Iran and global demand any time soon, the risks remain on the upside and the prospect of a move to, and through, $80 per barrel must be very real, very soon," said Paul J. Harris, head of energy and emissions at Bank of Ireland Global Markets in Dublin, Ireland.

The hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico could be a catalyst for even more price spikes, Harris said.

Heating oil rose nearly 3 cents to $2.0440 a gallon; gasoline rose nearly 2 cents to $2.2750 a gallon, and natural gas futures gained 2 cents to $5.800 per 1,000 cubic feet.

In Nigeria, officials said twin explosions hit oil installations belonging to oil company Agip, a unit of Italy's Eni SpA, in the volatile southeastern delta region. Officials suspected sabotage in the explosions Wednesday along two pipelines in Baleysa state.

One of the blasts blew apart an 18-inch pipeline at the Clough Creek Tepidapa flow station, and heavy spillage was reported, said Dikivie Ekiogha, an oil industry adviser to the local state governor. Another local official said an explosion hit a 10-inch riverside pipeline in Lagoagbene.

Eni issued statement denying a report regarding alleged sabotage of Agip's oil line that is causing a loss of 120,000 barrels a day.

"The news is without foundation," Eni said. It said there had been minor damage in recent days that has already been repaired with only a tiny loss of oil.

Weekly U.S. government data showed a sharp decline in domestic crude oil inventories.

The Energy Department said commercially available crude oil stocks shrank by 6 million barrels to 335.3 million barrels last week, though crude supplies are still 2 percent higher than last year.

———

Associated Press Writers Shawn Pogatchnik in Dublin and Laura-Claire Corson in London contributed to this report.

bastardog
07-13-2006, 11:56 AM
time to stop the SUV fever and return of the medium car......yupi!

soon the companies will start to invest more in cars again and left the big hungry SUV as things of the past.

the 70's changes are back.

twonabomber
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
there are other things i'd give up before i got rid of my SUV and truck.

WACF
07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Love my SUV...I see many old beaters and half tons out there with worse MPG than I get.

I expect the price at the pumps will go up immedietly...they never wait for the higher priced crude to enter the system.

Ellyllions
07-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Had a conversation the other night with a "candidate" who wants to run in '08. (no worries, this loser couldn't run around the corner let alone actually get to DC)

But anyway, he was trying to convince me that the gas prices is all the fault of the consumer. When I asked if he owned stock in any oil company, he refused to answer.

bastardog
07-13-2006, 05:28 PM
This gas price rocketing will give me the oportunity to finally buy the musclecar of my dreams.....
someone will have to sell cheap and I will be there money in hand

DEMON CUNT
07-13-2006, 05:52 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41075000/jpg/_41075369_afp_bush_saudi203.jpg

"Don't worry Prince Abdullah..."

ODShowtime
07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
This gas price rocketing will give me the oportunity to finally buy the musclecar of my dreams.....

Yeah, I just upgraded to a V6 and it was easier than it should have been to get the price I wanted.

FORD
07-13-2006, 09:53 PM

Why do you need a muscle car on a tiny island? Where are you gonna drive the damn thing? ;)

LoungeMachine
07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Follow the money.

duh.

Romeo Delight
07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

But anyway, he was trying to convince me that the gas prices is all the fault of the consumer.

Looks like he has the intelligence to fill the presidency:rolleyes:

Big Train
07-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Follow the money.

duh.

You know I am. My biodiesel stocks are through the fucking roof and only getting better by the hour.

Biodiesesl Hemi's will be on the market in 5 years, mark my words.

Several major trucking companies are working out contracts for biodiesel and once they come online, look out.

Milllions and millions of gallons going out the door. And feeding the kids college fun. Good times indeed...

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Um "bio-diesel Hemis" in five years? You can make a bio-diesel out of any diesel, er, um....right now!

Big Train
07-14-2006, 02:27 AM
exactly, but they aren't going to be on production lines until there are fuel depots nationwide and fleets are using it.

There are patent issues as well, takes time. But demand is through the roof...so I say 3-5 turnaround time. Could be the savior of US automakers if they woke up. Could have their big motors and stuff, AND cheap fuel. Fucking dummies with their electric cars nobody wants to buy...

Cathedral
07-14-2006, 04:10 AM
In 1985 a man named Charles A. Wade invented a carb for a big block Buick with a 455 Rocket under the hood.
This HUGE ASS car was getting 30-35 miles per gallon, and remember, this was 1985.

He sold the patent to the government for $130,000 and it got buried, never to see the light of day.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO INTEREST IN ALTERNATIVE FUELS AS LONG AS THERE IS OIL IN THE GROUND!

I've heard this bullshit talk since i was a kid, the discussion never changes and the same needs that existed 20-30 years ago still exist today.
My question is how many more decades will the people put up with a government that serves only its own needs?

We haven't had a REAL President since Reagan left office, seriously.

Ellyllions
07-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Looks like he has the intelligence to fill the presidency:rolleyes:

Yep. When I started asking why sugar cane isn't being advertised as a possible ethanol producer he clammed up. Sugar cane would be another perfect source of ethanol and would give Hurricane ravaged states a nice income. But you don't even hear about that in the media. It's always just corn. Sure the mid-west farmers could use all the financial help they can get, but if sugar cane is a viable source why not spread the "love".

From my last check, there is only 1 ethanol pump within 100 miles of where I live. So I asked "candidate" why is it that the whole of the Crystal Coast is being developed with multi-million dollar condo and apartment complexes instead of the oil companies turning that record profit into at least putting some ethanol pumps in the country...and again he reiterated that if we'd drive less gas prices would go down.

People honestly think that the price at the pump is the only place prices rise when oil prices rise. Every single thing we use, shipped to grocery stores, and most of our packaged goods are affected by oil prices. Hell my garbage pick-up just went up $3 per quarter because of gas prices and there's no way my driving could've affected that.

And now that one of those missles that hit Israel was Iranian....babes, we're looking at some serious quality time with our kids. Because $3.50 a gallon for regular unleaded will be on us by August....and that will be cheap gas.

bastardog
07-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Why do you need a muscle car on a tiny island? Where are you gonna drive the damn thing? ;)

That's the idea.....not to much space so not a lot of gas to spend.

anyway the island is 100 miles long * 35 miles wide.....so is not that tiny.......well at least is bigger than DC.
a 70 Nova SS, or a Chevelle SS is a nice show pice.......specially if I use the things I learned from Overhaulin every Thuesday

and I think eventually (5 years at least) I will move on to the states. no way NY, NJ or any state near......my eyes are in Atlanta or nearby

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
exactly, but they aren't going to be on production lines until there are fuel depots nationwide and fleets are using it.

There are patent issues as well, takes time. But demand is through the roof...so I say 3-5 turnaround time. Could be the savior of US automakers if they woke up. Could have their big motors and stuff, AND cheap fuel. Fucking dummies with their electric cars nobody wants to buy...

My point is, there is no such thing as a "bio-diesel" vehicle, just fuel. And it's not really a societal answer, since there is only so much french-fry grease to go around...

And any diesel can quickly be modified, well you don't really have to modify it if you don't want too, to run on "bio-diesel." In fact, and episode of MythBusters confirmed that an old diesel Mercedes runs just fine on vegetable oil, for a while at least, with no modifications to fuel or car...

bastardog
07-14-2006, 10:09 AM
So you think vegetable oil will eventually be cheaper than diesel?

FORD
07-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Yep. When I started asking why sugar cane isn't being advertised as a possible ethanol producer he clammed up. Sugar cane would be another perfect source of ethanol and would give Hurricane ravaged states a nice income. But you don't even hear about that in the media. It's always just corn. Sure the mid-west farmers could use all the financial help they can get, but if sugar cane is a viable source why not spread the "love".

It's for the same reason that high fructose corn syrup is in your coca-cola and half the other food on the planet, rather than the sugar God created.

Because huge agro-businesses like Monsanto and Archer-Daniels-Midland have every bit as cozy of a relationship with the Bush Criminal Empire as the oil companies do. So genetically modifed corn converted to ethanol (or biodiesel) benefits Chimpy's pals. Sugar cane doesn't.

Obviously, the Brazillians have proven that sugar cane works. Let the farmers start growing it in the states where the climate permits it. Hell, why not the tobacco farmers grow sugar cane instead of tobacco and that way we can bring down EXXON and Phillip Morris at the same time. And sell the sugar both to the food companies AND whoever's converting it to fuel.

From my last check, there is only 1 ethanol pump within 100 miles of where I live. So I asked "candidate" why is it that the whole of the Crystal Coast is being developed with multi-million dollar condo and apartment complexes instead of the oil companies turning that record profit into at least putting some ethanol pumps in the country...and again he reiterated that if we'd drive less gas prices would go down.

You should name this candidate..... or at least tell us what state he's from. I have an idea. He's from Virginia, right? ;)

People honestly think that the price at the pump is the only place prices rise when oil prices rise. Every single thing we use, shipped to grocery stores, and most of our packaged goods are affected by oil prices. Hell my garbage pick-up just went up $3 per quarter because of gas prices and there's no way my driving could've affected that.

I've been mentioning this economic reality for years. A lot of people just don't get it. Including some of the Busheep on this board. and even including some of my fellow Liberals who think that high gas prices are going to bring down the evil Hummer drivers while magically avoiding any other economic damage.

And now that one of those missles that hit Israel was Iranian....babes, we're looking at some serious quality time with our kids. Because $3.50 a gallon for regular unleaded will be on us by August....and that will be cheap gas.

Where's the source that it was an "Iranian missile"??

The neo-con/Likud press has been trying various propaganda stories against Iran for months, even going back to old school Hitler "sewing yellow patches on the Jews" stories.

If the Iranians had a missile capable of hitting Israel, it would have to travel through occupied Iraq airspace in order to get there. And there's no way in Hell that's gonna happen

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Not to mention Israel can hit back in spades. Funny how Neo Cons still perpetuate the convenient myth that Israel needs to hide behind Superpower mommy's skirt from the big, bad bullies with slingshots (when they have an AK-47, or a Galilei, or an Uzi or whatever...)

FORD
07-14-2006, 02:43 PM
So you think vegetable oil will eventually be cheaper than diesel?

Vegetable oil is a renewable resource. Diesel isn't.

And biodiesel doesn't neccessarily have to be made from old french fry oil, or any other "recycled" grease, though that is a far better solution than putting the grease in landfills. Rudolf Diesel (the inventor of the Diesel engine) was able to run his engine on clean peanut oil. He, and other car manufacturers of the time were also considering Hemp oil as a fuel source. It's time to end the political corporate bullshit hypocrisy about Hemp and start once again openly growing this valuable crop that could provide solutions to any number of "resource" problems in this country.

Cathedral
07-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Anything that uses an oil base isn't solving our problems. unfortunately what we need to do is finally do away with the gas powered internal combustion engine.

Solar assisted battery power is the way to go, use the sun without using it up or just plug the car in at night.

If they had seriously developed this idea 20 years ago we'd already be weened off of crude oil by now.
As it is now the only people researching this option are Tech Schools.

FORD
07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Anything that uses an oil base isn't solving our problems. unfortunately what we need to do is finally do away with the gas powered internal combustion engine.

Solar assisted battery power is the way to go, use the sun without using it up or just plug the car in at night.

If they had seriously developed this idea 20 years ago we'd already be weened off of crude oil by now.
As it is now the only people researching this option are Tech Schools.

I'm all for solar power as a solution where possible, but let's be honest..... some parts of the country don't get as much sun as others. Here you're lucky if you get three good months. Parts of Alaska have winter days where the sun doesn't show up at all.

I'm not sure I could ever see a car design be successful if it was impractical to operate it in over half of this country.

Though I'd be more than happy to test one if I lived in Arizona.

Warham
07-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Not to mention Israel can hit back in spades. Funny how Neo Cons still perpetuate the convenient myth that Israel needs to hide behind Superpower mommy's skirt from the big, bad bullies with slingshots (when they have an AK-47, or a Galilei, or an Uzi or whatever...)

No, Neocons do not perpetuate that 'myth'.

I'd lay down good money that Israel could wipe out Lebanon, Syria, and Iran in one fell swoop without our intervention or assistance.

Ellyllions
07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
@ Ford.
I wish I knew the "candidate's" name. But right now he's calling himself, "candidate" and he's from North Carolina.

You have a VERY valid point about the Iranian missle. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm off to fuss with my source....

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I paid $2.94 for 89 at the eeeeeeevil War-Mart gas station the other day.

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Warham
No, Neocons do not perpetuate that 'myth'.

I'd lay down good money that Israel could wipe out Lebanon, Syria, and Iran in one fell swoop without our intervention or assistance.

Good, let's withdraw from Iraq and not worry about the 'Iran Bomb' then...

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Good, let's withdraw from Iraq and not worry about the 'Iran Bomb' then...

No, we went into Iraq, and we have to finish the job.

I have never said that we have to go into Iran though.

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I paid $2.94 for 89 at the eeeeeeevil War-Mart gas station the other day.

It maybe 'evil,' who makes that shit gas?

Ellyllions
07-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I'll support that plan!

Bring my friends HOME!!!

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
No, we went into Iraq, and we have to finish the job.

What job was that? Chaos and mayhem spreading?

I have never said that we have to go into Iran though.

I was talking in sweeping, general terms. You know, like you do about "liberals."

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:35 PM
It maybe 'evil,' who makes that shit gas?

Don't remember, but my gas-guzzling SUV has been humming along ever since.

Ellyllions
07-14-2006, 05:40 PM
I love my Murphy Oil Gas station...and I can get toothpaste and dog food in the same parking lot.

floyd95
07-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Don't remember, but my gas-guzzling SUV has been humming along ever since.

2.94 woo-fucking-hoo, you're a fucking dick, plain and simple

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:42 PM
What a carefree day in the Frontline.

:)

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by floyd95
2.94 woo-fucking-hoo, you're a fucking dick, plain and simple

If you treehuggers want to complain about my SUV, write to your congressmen.

floyd95
07-14-2006, 05:49 PM
i don't give a shit about you or you're fucking suv

Ellyllions
07-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I do! Warham, what you got?

I just bought an '06 GMC Envoy SLE. Got a SWEET deal on it too. 15,000 miles for $16,000!!!

Gotta tote my poor old mom and dad back and forth 180 miles or so since they have no job or retirement thanks to NAFTA so I needed something the elderly could get in and out of comfortably. But, boy do I love that fuckin' Envoy...

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:52 PM
i don't give a shit about you or you're fucking suv

Then what's your beef with $2.94 gas?

You got a problem with Wal-Mart?

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I'd rather drive a Saturn and get 35mpg, around town.

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:54 PM
I do! Warham, what you got?

I just bought an '06 GMC Envoy SLE. Got a SWEET deal on it too. 15,000 miles for $16,000!!!

Gotta tote my poor old mom and dad back and forth 180 miles or so since they have no job or retirement thanks to NAFTA so I needed something the elderly could get in and out of comfortably. But, boy do I love that fuckin' Envoy...

I drive an X-Terra.

I love 'dem Nissans.

Ellyllions
07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
They last forever!

A friend of mine got almost 300,000 miles on hers before the head cracked.

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:56 PM
They last forever!

A friend of mine got almost 300,000 miles on hers before the head cracked.

Yep, I've only had two 'major' repairs, and I'd hardly call them major, and I've got over 100k on mine.

Warham
07-14-2006, 05:59 PM
I had a '95 Nissan pick-up that I drove into the ground and never had any repairs done to it. It had well over 100k when I signed it over to my ex-wife.

I think she's still driving it during the winter.

floyd95
07-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Then what's your beef with $2.94 gas?

You got a problem with Wal-Mart?

sorry, i just have a problem with everything really, i'm seeking help

been agitated since 2001

Warham
07-14-2006, 06:02 PM
sorry, i just have a problem with everything really, i'm seeking help

been agitated since 2001

Wife leave you then?

FORD
07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Wife leave you then?

No, the Constitution of the United States did. :(

floyd95
07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
i wish

floyd95
07-14-2006, 06:05 PM
i meant i wish the wife would leave

floyd95
07-14-2006, 06:05 PM
2001 got married, been downhill since

Warham
07-14-2006, 06:08 PM
2001 got married, been downhill since

You could probably write a good country and western tune.

Cathedral
07-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm all for solar power as a solution where possible, but let's be honest..... some parts of the country don't get as much sun as others. Here you're lucky if you get three good months. Parts of Alaska have winter days where the sun doesn't show up at all.

I'm not sure I could ever see a car design be successful if it was impractical to operate it in over half of this country.

Though I'd be more than happy to test one if I lived in Arizona.

That is a popular misconception about solar power. It can be overcast and the cells still charge.
Alaska would be the only place i see a problem with solar cars.

If the sun comes up in your town, you can charge solar batteries.

The problem isn't a lack of alternatives, it's a lack of motivation to make the switch, period.

Big Train
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
In 1985 a man named Charles A. Wade invented a carb for a big block Buick with a 455 Rocket under the hood.
This HUGE ASS car was getting 30-35 miles per gallon, and remember, this was 1985.

He sold the patent to the government for $130,000 and it got buried, never to see the light of day.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO INTEREST IN ALTERNATIVE FUELS AS LONG AS THERE IS OIL IN THE GROUND!

I've heard this bullshit talk since i was a kid, the discussion never changes and the same needs that existed 20-30 years ago still exist today.
My question is how many more decades will the people put up with a government that serves only its own needs?

We haven't had a REAL President since Reagan left office, seriously.

Who is talking about the government? Who gives a flying fuck about what the government or shadowy agencies want? There is WAY to much money on the table for private industry to ignore and once private industry gets on a tear, the government doesn't and can't do shit to stop it.

Big Train
07-14-2006, 10:29 PM
My point is, there is no such thing as a "bio-diesel" vehicle, just fuel. And it's not really a societal answer, since there is only so much french-fry grease to go around...

And any diesel can quickly be modified, well you don't really have to modify it if you don't want too, to run on "bio-diesel." In fact, and episode of MythBusters confirmed that an old diesel Mercedes runs just fine on vegetable oil, for a while at least, with no modifications to fuel or car...

Correct. The kind I'm talking about (and the companies I'm invested in) is B20 to start, then pure B100. And further to that point, it ain't about fry grease, although that's what gets the coverage. They are ramping up to process FIELD GRASS as use as a bio-fuel. The problem with corn-based ethanol is the incredible amount of nitrate run-off used to produce corn. Modifying common grass (grown everywhere in America btw, dirt cheap) for use in the motors will be plentiful, non-polluting (in both emissions and processing) and dirt cheap.

It is a societal anwser because once the motors that run shipping and trucking start using it, you are taking about at minimum 25% of total fuel usage. If we can get 40% of consumers using bio-fuels, you have 2/3 less consumption of oil. I'd say that is a HUGE change in society and the envoirnment. And wars for oil if you mind sways that way..

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Interesting...

Cathedral
07-15-2006, 03:18 AM
Who is talking about the government? Who gives a flying fuck about what the government or shadowy agencies want? There is WAY to much money on the table for private industry to ignore and once private industry gets on a tear, the government doesn't and can't do shit to stop it.

Hey, i get your point, but when is this Tear gonna happen?

My point was that a private industrialist invented a carb that worked 20 years ago and no matter who could have bought the patent from him the same agencies would have buried it like everything else that would cut their fuel profits in half.
And for those who do get on that tear you mentioned, several have been killed before anything was accomplished.

It's dangerous biz to be offering products that cut into BIG OIL profits.

FORD
07-15-2006, 04:20 AM
But then the oil companies could always BUY Monsanto/ADM or whomever. Just as Philip Morris bought Nabisco and Kraft and God knows what else when they realized their death merchant profits weren't going to be feasible in the long term.

Although I'd rather they didn't. I believe that the extinction of oil companies and tobacco companies would be the best possible thing to happen to this country.

That and sterlizing every member of the Bush family.

Nickdfresh
07-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Israel: Hezbollah Drone Attacks Warship
Friday, July 14, 2006 10:42 PM EDT
The Associated Press (http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?ps=1012&id=12944381&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS)
By HAMZA HENDAWI

The toll in three days of clashes rose to 73 killed in Lebanon and at least 12 Israelis, as international alarm grew over the fighting and oil prices rose to above $78 a barrel. The U.N. Security Council held an emergency session on the violence, and Lebanon accused Israel of launching "a widespread barbaric aggression."

It's up to $78/barrel...

Ellyllions
07-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Last time it hit record high was on a Friday and they left it that way over the weekend only for it to drop on Monday morning.

Don't know if it will drop again, I'm just sayin...

Big Train
07-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey, i get your point, but when is this Tear gonna happen?

My point was that a private industrialist invented a carb that worked 20 years ago and no matter who could have bought the patent from him the same agencies would have buried it like everything else that would cut their fuel profits in half.
And for those who do get on that tear you mentioned, several have been killed before anything was accomplished.

It's dangerous biz to be offering products that cut into BIG OIL profits.

It is happening right now (google biodiesel) and it won't happen overnight. The advocates against it are not only the usual big oil suspects, but the envoirnmentalists who some how believe electric is the way to go (with it's toxic and wasteful batteries) and the ethanol lobby (protect the CORN farmers). However, there is a huge amount of venture capital cash going into biodiesel right now, ramping up plants.

They know what I know: Get the trucking industry using it and you have enough reasons to build out stations and enough momentum to get the auto industry behind it. The big 3 NEED cheap fuel to continue building SUV's (i.e. profit margins) and hemi hot rods. And it will give them cache as "envoirnmentally friendly".

This is not a case of a guy selling an idea to the government. This is a case of private industry reacting to a hard problem. Anytime you come up with a solution to a hard problem, especially one that works this well, it is a license to print money.

Yes Ford, I fully expect a wave of consolidation in 4-5 years, which will be an even bigger payday. Who cares who owns it if what they are doing is not polluting the envoirnment as bad? Do you think they will try to find a way to make it "more evil"?

FORD
07-15-2006, 03:57 PM

Yes Ford, I fully expect a wave of consolidation in 4-5 years, which will be an even bigger payday. Who cares who owns it if what they are doing is not polluting the envoirnment as bad? Do you think they will try to find a way to make it "more evil"?

The oil companies have made trillions at our expense, most of it fraudulently for at least the last 30 years, and have even had wars fought and US troops (and others) die for their profit margin. I believe they should have NO involvement whatsoever in alternative energy sources. They should be forced into extinction just like the dinosaurs whose rendered corpses they profit from because they are, indeed EVIL.

Unfortunately, I don't expect the government to actually do anything about this, but that is how it should be.