PDA

View Full Version : Anthony sings RWTD w/ Sammy

Nickdfresh
07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Michael Anthony is singing "Running With The Devil" while on tour with Hagar? Does this piss you off or not?

http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=5823

"The second part of the show celebrated Hagar’s time with Van Halen. It began with a clever solo by Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony and was followed with a performance of the Roth-era "Running With The Devil" with Anthony on lead vocals. Other VH favorites included “Standing On Top of The World,” “Why Can’t This Be Love,” “Runaround” and “Best of Both Worlds.” There was also an energetic and surprising cover of the Beastie Boys' 'Fight For Your Right To Party'...."

Figs
07-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Jumpin'-Jesus-titty-fucking-christ-on-a-pogo-stick Nick!! We've been through this already!! Dupe thread!! Close this fucking shit!!!

Figs
07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
sorry i'm a little on edge today.....

Nickdfresh
07-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Switch to decalf cocaine?:D

I'm only here 16-hours a day, I can't catch everything....

Figs
07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Let's just say methadone isn't all it's cracked up to be.....

Figs
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
someone had a youtube of this....i can't find the thread.....

Figs
07-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Here - it was dumped....

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37853&highlight=laugh

binnie
07-13-2006, 03:16 PM
A clever bass solo from mike?

Doubt it....

Coyote
07-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
There was also an energetic and surprising cover of the Beastie Boys' 'Fight For Your Right To Party'...."

:eek: NO!

Another classic slaughtered...

sadaist
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by binnie
A clever bass solo from mike?

Doubt it....

If he could pull off an inteligible bass solo, that would be clever.

m_dixon1984
07-13-2006, 09:33 PM
The only way to politely refer to bass player's normal crappy solo would be to use the word "clever". No self-respecting reporter could live with himself to describe it any nicer. I've seen him perform it live 7 times, I have at least a dozen VH concert boots, most of which come from the early eighties, and the solo has never changed. Bass player just doesn't have anything else to give.

M

Loons The Great
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Great Boogily Woogily!!
Great Hoggily Woggily!!
Great God almighty!!
Hoy Hoy!!
Law'd Law'd!!

Man, it sho' be cool to hearre John Paul Jones singin' some Zep. FO SHO!!:D

MAX
07-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
Man, it sho' be cool to hearre John Paul Jones singin' some Zep. FO SHO!!:D

Wanna A Whole Lotta Lub...... :D

MAX
07-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
There was also an energetic and surprising cover of the Beastie Boys' 'Fight For Your Right To Party'...."

Dear God,

Are these two idiots for real?!?!?!?

Yeah, a fiftysomething year old bass player and some dumbass sixtysomething wrapped around in an oversized beach towel, wearing bright yellow capri pants, flip flop sandals, sweating piss poor tequila and fried chicken grease crooning a fucking twenty year old party "anthem" aimed at teenagers.

What goes on in the minds of those two?

Can't you just imagine them plotting it out as well.

"Hey Mikey, as soon as I remove my little pee pee out of your ass, let's fire up a rebelious song!!! :rolleyes:

bueno bob
07-15-2006, 04:12 AM
I used to do "Fight for Your Right" as a closer...or we'd launch it right in the middle of something else, usually went over pretty well to all 7 people listening...

It's a really energetic number, even now...but Anthony and Hagar doing it?

Pssh.

FORD
07-15-2006, 04:15 AM
The last time I sang that Beasties song was at the millenial New Years Eve party at my friends house. I sang it with his wife. And we still probably still sounded better than Hagar and Bassplayer.

All the same though, no bootleg exists of THAT performance, thank God!

binnie
07-15-2006, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Pssh.

I just imagine a lot of blubba bouncing around the stage and Hagar screaching "PAAAARRRRRTYYYY"

He probably works "love" into the lyrics as well....

MAX
07-15-2006, 05:42 AM

Pssh.

It's a great little party anthem for what it's worth. :)

Still, it just continues to show and forever cement the fact that The Round Rocker has not ONE original nor creative bone in that chubby old body of his.

Fuck, he already ripped off Gary "Joe Thudner" Glitter's anthem and ode to little boys but substituted his swill as the subject matter. He's all but completely carbon copied Jimmy Buffet's beach bum act and now he just totes Michael Anthony around.

Seriously, where and when does this shit end with these two clowns?

Fuck, I saw the recent ad for Spam's tour advertized on VH1C and it was even more pathetic than we could even imagine!!! The voiceover was announcing him and his tour as "Rock and Roll's ultimate party guy" or some shit like that? Showing clips of the buffoon/oaf parading around onstage wearing (I shit you not) a red clown wig, etc.

Now and let's see... The "highlight" of this current thing is having the bass player singing a Dave anthem!!! Ok, fellas, you're doing marvelous. :rolleyes:

bueno bob
07-15-2006, 05:59 AM
Whaddaya say we go get those assholes?

WHO'S WITH ME?!?

:mad:

Macu
07-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Whaddaya say we go get those assholes?

WHO'S WITH ME?!?

:mad:
Here,here!

Matt White
07-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm mortified...............................

TERRIBLE