PDA

View Full Version : Bush shows Germany what an Idiot he is.

LoungeMachine
07-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Bush avoids talking turkey at pig roast
By Mark Silva

STRALSUND, Germany — With the world's most perplexing problems weighing on him, President Bush has sought comic relief in a certain pig.

This is the wild game boar that German chef Olaf Micheel bagged for Bush and served Thursday evening at a barbecue in Trinwillershagen, a tiny town on the Baltic Sea.

"I understand I may have the honor of slicing the pig," Bush said at a news conference earlier in the day punctuated with questions about spreading violence in the Middle East and an intensifying standoff with Iran about nuclear power.

The president's host, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, started a serious ball rolling at this news conference in the 13th-century town hall on the cobblestone square of Stralsund. But Bush seemed more focused on "the feast" promised later.

"Thanks for having me," Bush told the chancellor. "I'm looking forward to that pig tonight."

This 13th-century setting and formal news conference may seem an odd stage for presidential banter. The 21st-century problems that Bush confronts often prompt him to attempt to defuse the tension in the room with a dose of humor.

Reporters from Germany and the U.S. peppered him with questions about the standoff in Iran, violence in the Middle East and flagging democracy in Russia. He answered all in earnest but leavened it all with pig talk.

"Apart from the pig, Mr. President, what sort of insights have you been able to gain as regards East Germany?" a German reporter asked.

"I haven't seen the pig yet," Bush said, sidestepping the question about insights gained from his two-day visit to this rural seaside region that once rested behind the Iron Curtain.

And when an American reporter asked whether Bush is concerned about the Israeli bombing of the Beirut airport and about Iran's failure to respond to an offer for negotiations, Bush replied with more boar jokes before delving into the substance of the questions.

"I thought you were going to ask about the pig," said the president. "I'll tell you about the pig tomorrow."

The boar and two deer rotated slowly on spits as Bush arrived later in nearby Trinwillershagen, the site of the barbecue for the two leaders and about 100 guests.

Smiling, he cut several slices near the boar's ribs before handing the knife and fork to Merkel, who took some meat from a leg.

Bush told the guests that since he and his wife, Laura, come from Texas, throwing a barbecue for them is "one of the greatest compliments you could have."

Information from The Associated Press

is included in this report.

Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quite the Statesman you guys "elected", huh?

LoungeMachine
07-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

"Apart from the pig, Mr. President, what sort of insights have you been able to gain as regards East Germany?" a German reporter asked.

"I haven't seen the pig yet," Bush said, sidestepping the question about insights gained from his two-day visit to this rural seaside region that once rested behind the Iron Curtain.

And when an American reporter asked whether Bush is concerned about the Israeli bombing of the Beirut airport and about Iran's failure to respond to an offer for negotiations, Bush replied with more boar jokes before delving into the substance of the questions.

"I thought you were going to ask about the pig," said the president. "I'll tell you about the pig tomorrow."

This what we've come to........

Roosevelt

JFK

Reagan

........and a fucking moronic hick on Ritalin:rolleyes:

Fuck:mad:

Nickdfresh
07-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Pigs indeed...

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.com/band/pigss/picts/pig15-94.jpg

Dr. Love
07-14-2006, 11:47 PM
I've lived in Texas all my life and I've never heard of bar-b-ques being the great compliments.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I've lived in Texas all my life and I've never heard of bar-b-ques being the great compliments.

Bush believes he should live up to be some cowboy Walker Texas Ranger idiot.

LoungeMachine
07-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Seriously......

Have you listened to the soundbites?

The man sounds like a fucking moron.

So much for great oratory from Statesmen.

He's a fucking embarrasment.

Unchainme
07-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Seriously......

Have you listened to the soundbites?

The man sounds like a fucking moron.

So much for great oratory from Statesmen.

He's a fucking embarrasment.

No Wonder Joe Thunder Suppports him. :D

Seriously though, he truly sucks at Public Speaking, I mean if you're going to be evil and screw up the country, I'd expect someone with better Public Speaking skills. Maybe the comparisons to Hitler are unfair, because hitler seriously knew how to speak well. :)