PDA

View Full Version : Death Angel

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-15-2006, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by sadaist
I'm glad you got the Death Angel. Do you like it? Act III is the only album that I really listened to, so I can't suggest the others.

Recently added to my collection:
Foo Fighters - any
Tool - Aenima, Lateralus
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver
Suicidal Tendencies - Posessed to Skate, Join The Army

Hope these help.

You should really get Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence. If you have Azereus,
you can download this album off me.... open the torrent with Azereus! all rotharmy members are welcome. 256kbps mp3. PS.... it has to be azureus b ecause it is using its DHT method.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25958216/ultraviolence.torrent.html

All rotharmy members are welcome to download this trackerless [no logs] torrent from me.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I can upload around 60KB/s.

Mr. Vengeance
07-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Frolic Through the Park is their best album. By far!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Frolic Through the Park is their best album. By far!

If you want it, you've got it. I'll share it with any rotharmy members who want it.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Has anyone heard Death Angel's <I> The Art of Dying</i>? Is it worth 8 bucks USD in your opinion?

Mr. Vengeance
07-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Newer album, I find it average...but a lot of DA fans like it....Here's a thread for reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NPUCY/sr=1-4/qid=1153027277/ref=sr_1_4/002-7166180-9950414?ie=UTF8&s=music

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2006, 01:24 AM
Would you buy it for 8 dollars?

Frolic in the Park seriously kicks ass.

Mr. Vengeance
07-16-2006, 01:31 AM
8 bucks..yeah...why not? it's worth 8 bucks.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
8 bucks..yeah...why not? it's worth 8 bucks.

I am seriously loving this shit! Why did you think the album was so-so?

bueno bob
07-16-2006, 03:04 AM
I only have Act III...

Are they old enough to drive yet, btw?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I only have Act III...

Are they old enough to drive yet, btw?

Literally? lol.

bueno bob
07-16-2006, 03:08 AM
Ultra Violence came out when they were 11 or 12, I think...lmao...

Grate success story, though...even if that spinoff band "The Organization" was total crap...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Ultra Violence came out when they were 11 or 12, I think...lmao...

Grate success story, though...even if that spinoff band "The Organization" was total crap...

Death Angel was formed in San Francisco, CA, in 1982 by Rob Cavestany (lead guitar), brothers Gus Pepa (rhythm guitar) and Dennis Pepa (bass, vocals), and Andy Galeon (drums). Unique in that all of the members were cousins and barely in their teens, the band grew up watching Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Exodus and others rise to fame as part of the burgeoning Bay Area thrash movement. In 1984, Mark Osegueda joined the band as vocalist, although Dennis does sing (along with Rob) on the song "Thrashers", Death Angel's first song, written before Mark joined.

Death Angel played club gigs in and around the San Francisco Bay Area for the better part of 2 years, writing songs and refining their stage show. In 1986, the band recorded their legendary Kill As One demo with longtime friend Kirk Hammett (of Metallica) as producer. Due to the underground tape trading wave of the early 1980s the demo was widely distributed and received massive interest. Of note was the incredibly young age of virtuoso drummer Andy Galeon, who was only 14 years old at the time of the recording.

The success of the Kill As One demo led to a record deal with Enigma Records, who released the critically acclaimed album, The Ultra-Violence, in 1987. Hailed as one of the greatest thrash albums of all time, the band recorded the album while they were all under 20 years old. The Ultra-Violence quickly sold 40,000 copies in only four months, successfully launching Death Angel to the top of the thrash world.

In 1988, Death Angel released Frolic Through The Park, a spotty follow up to The Ultra-Violence, which suffered slightly from rushed production and songwriting. The album spawned the single "Bored", a song that received regular airplay on MTV's Headbanger's Ball. The band toured worldwide for the first time and found notable success in Japan, selling out 2 full Japanese tours.