PDA

View Full Version : End of the world mentality over Israel vs. Hezbollah

SensibleShoes
07-15-2006, 10:02 PM
This came up at home today - sheepishly told by the two women who live in this house.

Who else thought 9-11 might have been the end of the world? Yeah I'm a pessamist, and a biblical fatalist. MB and I were sharing a few laughs about how we reacted to the twin towers disaster. Then we realized we weren't really too far off base.

We both packed our vans with canned food and water. We both took lots of money out of the bank. I went so far as to put all the family photos and crucial documents in a rubbermaid tote by the back door, in case it had to be grabbed at a moment's notice. Funny what becomes precious when you start thinking "endgame". The generator was packed and ready to throw in the van too. With extra gas.

It feels like that again. It feels like the end of the world is upon us. Perhaps not as intensely as it did when we saw the planes hit the towers - but kind of a sick inevitability that almost inspires calm.

Half of you will tell me that both of us are paranoid as hell. Given. So what. I know it, I don't care.

Just want to know if anybody else feels like the day to day bullshit simply doesn't mean anything anymore, and that survival skills are all that count right now.

Bret
07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Go back to DDLR!!!!

Dr. Love
07-16-2006, 12:17 AM
I thought you were anti-religion?

I'll admit I've been kinda nervous when reading about it, but I think for different reasons.

Ally_Kat
07-16-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm uneasy about it, but I think that this, too, shall pass.

Unchainme
07-16-2006, 12:31 AM
According to the bible No man shall no the day, 'Nor The Hour.

Just be prepared at anytime, No matter in war or peacetime.

It could happen now, or it could happen 3,000 years from now, we really don't know.

FORD
07-16-2006, 12:45 AM
From the 18th chapter of Revelation........

http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/9/1/6/wtc-50204.onlineBild.jpg
17For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/in_depth/americas/2001/day_of_terror/in_pictures/11.jpg
19And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Unchainme
07-16-2006, 12:53 AM
A lot of cities and events could be used in that context. Could even say Ancient Rome, could be used in that. Same with the London Fire in the middle ages.

Unchainme
07-16-2006, 12:53 AM
The bottomline is that nobody truly knows if we're up or not.

Unchainme
07-16-2006, 12:58 AM
shit, I do Have a good youtube video on this, I just got to dig it up, FORD, Do You still have that one youtube vid. I sent you one time?

Cathedral
07-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I've been thinking end game since 9-11 just because nobody will know the hour, lol.
I'm not paranoid mind you, just prepared and i'm about a month away from listing this condo and retiring into the hills of Kentucky for the duration of my life.

I know how to plant crops, milk a cow, saddle a horse, cut tobacco, grow potato's, tomato's and any other 'to's or veggie's you can imagine. oh, sorry, tomato's are a fruit not a veggie. ;)

Hey Nick, i'll even grow some lettuce for you....and it won't cost $7. :)

But i do agree that the daily bullshit doesn't mean much to me right now. I've got a ton of canned goods and dry goods, 2 generators in the barn.
I'm locked into survival mode and fed the fuck up with society and city life.

I'm a simple kind of man and it's time i returned to my simple life while the maniacs march towards a war nobody can win.

Green Acres is the place to be, baby... ;)

Unchainme
07-16-2006, 01:05 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dpj4HRmJFiU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dpj4HRmJFiU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

heres one, Not the clip I'm looking for but still good. I'm never getting some chip implanted in me, Ever.

Unchainme
07-16-2006, 01:08 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YLXoHcEdiI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YLXoHcEdiI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BINGO. Watch this. This is a good clip.

Cathedral
07-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Well, I'm already planning to shut myself out of society...so if anyone tries to chip me they'll develope lead poisoning real fast.

If i ever discover that one has already been implanted, like when i was going through bouts of surgery removing cancer tissue, i'll take my knife and some good ass whiskey and cut the bitch out myself.

I am surprised that Shaun Hannity is all for it. I got the impression when he visited our church a few years ago that he was a bit smarter than what i just saw.

Oh well, fret not for the end is near enough not to fret about it.

Ally_Kat
07-16-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by FORD
for in one hour is she made desolate.

We're far from desolate here.

FORD
07-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
We're far from desolate here.

Yeah, but the Trade Center itself was brought down in just about an hour. I actually read that chapter in Revelation about a week or so before 9-11 so it ran through my mind as I was watching the towers collapse on TV.

As for the bullshit arrogant terrorism that Israel is doing right now, that will eventually lead to the scenario described in Ezekiel 38-39 where a Muslim coalition led by Russia will respond to Israel's arrogance. I can't say whether this will happen sooner or later, but apparently there's a date on the Jewish calendar known as the "9th of Av" which has been the date which a lot of bad things have happenned to the Jews, historically, including the destruction of the first Temple, built by Solomon, and the second Temple which was wasted by the Romans in 70 AD

This year, the 9th of Av is August 3 on the Modern calendar. If you see Russia start to get involved with Syria and Lebanon, fasten your seatbelts.......

jcook11
07-16-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm not afraid actually looking forward when prophesy becomes fullfilled

FORD
07-16-2006, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
I'm not afraid actually looking forward when prophesy becomes fullfilled

jcook11
Full Member Status

roy who?
Threads Started: 96

Just thought you would appreciate the irony ;)

bueno bob
07-16-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm not particularly excited about any of this. There have been prophets of doom for the last 10,000 years (or more) screaming that the end is near...and the one thing they've all been right about is the fact that they were all wrong.

Trust me, the world ain't going to shit anytime soon.

EbDawson
07-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I'm there!

Nickdfresh
07-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I've been thinking end game since 9-11 just because nobody will know the hour, lol.
I'm not paranoid mind you, just prepared and i'm about a month away from listing this condo and retiring into the hills of Kentucky for the duration of my life.

I know how to plant crops, milk a cow, saddle a horse, cut tobacco, grow potato's, tomato's and any other 'to's or veggie's you can imagine. oh, sorry, tomato's are a fruit not a veggie. ;)

Hey Nick, i'll even grow some lettuce for you....and it won't cost $7. :)

But i do agree that the daily bullshit doesn't mean much to me right now. I've got a ton of canned goods and dry goods, 2 generators in the barn.
I'm locked into survival mode and fed the fuck up with society and city life.

I'm a simple kind of man and it's time i returned to my simple life while the maniacs march towards a war nobody can win.

Dude, are you obsessive-compulsive?

bueno bob
07-16-2006, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
I'm there!

That's somehow fitting!

:)

Cathedral
07-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Dude, are you obsessive-compulsive?

No, i'm Bi-Polar.

And a Gemini.....that makes me like what, 3-4 different people?

I'm not kiddiing either.

Cathedral
07-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
I'm there!

Damn, what a post for ironicie's.
I forgot all about you, perfect timing though.

SensibleShoes
07-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Bret
Go back to DDLR!!!!

I have, and fuck you too.

Matt White
07-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I FEEL FINE

SensibleShoes
07-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Good! At least somebody's here to try and knock some fucking sense into us.

SensibleShoes
07-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I thought you were anti-religion?

I'll admit I've been kinda nervous when reading about it, but I think for different reasons.

I am! Anti organized religion anyway. I guess on some level I believe all of the bible that is negative and prophecises doom. :) Cause that's just the kind of happy gal I am!!!!

BITEYOASS
07-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Living in the country? Not for me, since rioting will be my hobby in the future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXxd207ANlc&search=Ministry%20new%20world%20order

BITEYOASS
07-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Living in the country? Not for me, since rioting will be my hobby in the future:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FXxd207ANlc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FXxd207ANlc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

CarpenterEd
08-13-2006, 12:50 AM
All Hezbollah has to do is release those poor soldiers and this will come to an end.

Little Texan
08-13-2006, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by CarpenterEd
All Hezbollah has to do is release those poor soldiers and this will come to an end.

Hezbollah has probably already killed those soldiers, don't you think?

Seshmeister
08-13-2006, 09:24 AM
That would be dumb.

Israel constantly gives in to kidnaps and releases prisoners in return.