PDA

View Full Version : NFL Primetime to get a new look this year

POJO_Risin
07-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Well...I'm guessing the NFL wanted to curb this so that people are more apt to tune in to the NBC game...

but damn...

NFL PrimeTime without Chris Berman and Tom Jackson? The unthinkable is about to happen.

ESPN confirmed this week that after an 18-year run on Sunday evenings, NFL PrimeTime will move to 6 p.m. Mondays and feature a new cast ( Stuart Scott, Ron Jaworski and Mike Ditka). No, ESPN hasn't lost its mind. Instead, it's making the best of an unfortunate situation.

NBC's new contract for Sunday games prohibits ESPN from carrying PrimeTime anytime on Sunday nights. But ESPN has found a clever way around that rule: having Berman and Jackson narrate NFL highlights on the 90-minute SportsCenter at 11 p.m. Sunday. Berman and Jackson then will join Michael Irvin, Steve Young and Chris Mortensen on ESPN's Monday Night Football 90-minute pregame show at 7 p.m.

Unchainme
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Its not worth watching now. :(. Used to be one of my Favorite shows. Fuck, Berman is one of the few guys who is pretty unbiased in commentating. I'll still watch the SC highlights though, thanks to them still letting them do it.

BTW, Madden And Michaels Are awesome with other people, But together they suck.