PDA

View Full Version : 'Sixth Sense' Star in Hospital After Crash

Matt White
07-21-2006, 11:10 AM
http://movies.aol.com/news/articles/_a/sixth-sense-star-in-hospital-after-crash/20060720090209990001?ncid=AOLMOV00150000000007

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0c/04/20060720083309990011

LA CANADA FLINTRIDGE, Calif. (July 20) - Actor Haley Joel Osment was hospitalized early Thursday after he apparently lost control of his car while heading to his Los Angeles area home, authorities said.

Osment, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as a boy who could see dead people in "The Sixth Sense," was driving a 1995 Saturn about 1 a.m. when the car collided with a brick pillar and flipped, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros.

The 18-year-old actor was awake and talking following the crash, Sisneros said. He had been alone in the car and was taken to Huntington Hospital in nearby Pasadena.

Sisneros had no information on his condition, and an emergency-room receptionist said no one under that name was at the hospital.

Osment is set to appear in the upcoming "Home of the Giants." In the film, he plays a high school journalist covering a basketball team as it heads toward the state championship.

La Canada Flintridge, a suburb of Los Angeles, is about 14 miles northeast of downtown.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-21-2006, 11:29 AM
So he can see dead people but not the brick pillar dead ahead???

Matt White
07-21-2006, 12:01 PM
He's cool like that.................

:cool:

Little Texan
07-21-2006, 03:30 PM
I didn't realise that kid was that old!

No Ma'am
07-21-2006, 03:34 PM
I get the sense he doesnt know how to drive.

BITEYOASS
07-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Well I'd say he just crashed on the road to Hasbenville! :D

Dan
07-22-2006, 03:35 AM
Good that he is still alive.

WTF is a Saturn?

Little Texan
07-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Dan

WTF is a Saturn?

A car produced by the Saturn division of General Motors.

DlocRoth
07-22-2006, 04:34 PM
'95 Saturn......

Big pimpin indeed!

sadaist
07-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
'95 Saturn......

Big pimpin indeed!

Exactly my thoughts when I first heard the story. Dude should have millions (Sixth Sense, Pay It Forward, Forrest Gump, A.I., etc...)

Shouldn't he have crashed a Ferrari or something along those lines? I'll bet his parents are driving something nice.

BITEYOASS
07-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Well he wasn't lying to himself that he was a shitty driver, that's why he bought a cheap car. There was this one female marine from a rich family who kept totalling mustangs and corvettes all the time.

Susie Q
08-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
So he can see dead people but not the brick pillar dead ahead???

LOL! Best post in the thread! With second nods going to Matt White for: "He's cool like that."

Man, that kid grew up though. I liked Sixth Sense.

RuzDNailz
08-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Probably doing the smart thing and saving his money. Heck, if you were only in a handfull of top movies and made a certain amount of cash, the best thing to do is live off the interest. That's a lesson most lottery winners never learn, either.

BITEYOASS
08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Probably doing the smart thing and saving his money. Heck, if you were only in a handfull of top movies and made a certain amount of cash, the best thing to do is live off the interest. That's a lesson most lottery winners never learn, either.

That's what I hope to do once I make enough money in the stock market, live off the interest, start a band for the purpose of kickin ass and becoming a professional slacker.

RuzDNailz
08-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
That's what I hope to do once I make enough money in the stock market, live off the interest, start a band for the purpose of kickin ass and becoming a professional slacker.

See? You're on the right track. I'm sure you've also heard many stories like me how some people blow sudden wealth and wind up right back in the poor house. The amount of interest you earn even from a quarter million is good enough to support you for the rest of your life. Heck, if I can win the amount of green. I would be happy enough. Live modestly and be able to enjoy a beer on a hot summer day with all my friends.

BITEYOASS
08-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Hell I don't care about the money in show business, I just wanna play in a stadium or large festival setting, rock the shit out of em and prevent another outbreak of boybands. Oh yeah and do crazy shit on very little money.

BITEYOASS
08-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Fuck all that bling bling BS!

RuzDNailz
08-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Well, that bling-bling shit is what makes people walk around thugged out and have that 'yo! don't mess with this shit! boyeee!'. To each their own. We need more kick-ass new bands and I'm not talking about those screamers or the infamous nasally 'yeeaah!' bands.

RuzDNailz
08-18-2006, 03:53 AM
As far as the crash is concerned, if you can't drive for beans, then it's better to drive shitboxes and beaters. Save the nice cars for those who can handle them.