PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the hottest official temperature today?

FORD
07-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Olympia is showing an official temperature of 100 degrees straight up as of 5:00

Three digits is a rarity here. Definitely gonna be a record for the day, and probably more of the same through the weekend.

What's it like in your 'hood?

jcook11
07-21-2006, 08:27 PM
I am visiting my brother in Riverside for the weekend and right now it is 104 degrees. Even worse my brother has several different orange, apricot and lemon trees and I swear there are flies out here as big as fucking cats.

rustoffa
07-21-2006, 09:11 PM
There was a "code purple" smog alert here yesterday..unbelievable. Wednesday was worse, IMO, but only a "code red." The meteorologists are dipshits. When I got home wednesday, the thermometer in the shade read 114, and a cat was laying in the birdbath.

POJO_Risin
07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
After the fucking wings I ate at happy hour, along with the fucking 5 shots of Cuervo...

My ass after the last shit I took has to be at least 150 degrees...

Nothing like a flaming shit to wake you up sober.

POJO_Risin
07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Talk about a fucking code purple...

Little Texan
07-22-2006, 12:11 AM
It has been running up over a hundred nearly all week here, getting up to 103 or 104 a couple of days, and I had to work out in that shit! It's been a hot motherfucker here, but from the sound of it, it's been hot everywhere! I'm so sick of the fucking heat...I'm ready for summer to be over with, already, and it isn't even August, yet!

PumpedUpMidget
07-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Was in Vegas last week when the temp clocked in at 109, hottest I have ever been in, coming from the sorry state of Minnesota.

jcook11
07-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Was in Vegas last week when the temp clocked in at 109, hottest I have ever been in, coming from the sorry state of Minnesota.

How about that "But it's a dry heat " bullshit.

PumpedUpMidget
07-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Trust me, when the wind blows, it feels like you are standing in front of a fucking huge ass hair dryer--people can take the 'dry heat' BS and shove it

FORD
07-22-2006, 01:32 AM
There is a difference though. I've spent a lot of time in Arizona, and 100 degrees there feels completely different from 100 degrees here in Washington state. Or Minnesota for that matter.

And of course, the South is a different animal altogether with the heat/humidity combo.

jcook11
07-22-2006, 01:55 AM
It is now about 10:55 pm pst and it is still about 95+.............The heat wave lasts, kids are screamin pavements hot and the sidewalks steamin. Who knew.... Dave the weatherman?

bueno bob
07-22-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by FORD
There is a difference though. I've spent a lot of time in Arizona, and 100 degrees there feels completely different from 100 degrees here in Washington state. Or Minnesota for that matter.

And of course, the South is a different animal altogether with the heat/humidity combo.

Having spent a considerable amount of time in Washington, Oregon and Las Vegas...FORD is completely right...

The "it's a dry heat" is SPOT-ON accurate...I can walk around 109 in Las Vegas like it's fucking nothing compared to 90 here...

On that note we hit about 106 today...

WACF
07-22-2006, 01:43 PM
You guys win.

We are hitting low to mid 30's C which is low to mid 90's F...this is the hottest summer I ever remember seeing.

My wife is 5 months prego...she is not really enjoying it all that much.

Air conditioning will be on the list.

FORD
07-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Arguably, the weather might be worse here today than yesterday. The temperature itself may be a few degrees lower (Mid 90's is the forecast), but the humidity is higher than yesterday, which will make it seem worse.

And this is the day that the goddamned Lamefair parade runs right in front of my house which means I'm basically trapped here. Which is why we make the best of it and just drink & barbecue all afternoon :gulp:

VAN HLN CA
07-22-2006, 05:42 PM
SoCal has never been hot in June and July would just get going later part, Aug/Sept were hot but usually dry.

Last 5 years have been getting humid flows from SouthAmerica with MidWest style thunderstorms inland.

June was just the hotest on record.
July is 20 days straight 10+ degrees avove normal. Basically we are 15-20 degrees above normal across the board. And only because of humididity does it suck. Thats something you dont get used to or comfortable in.

Like Ford said dry heat is fine but this shit sucks and as I type another Thunderstorm hits and its Fucking raining big time!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-22-2006, 05:52 PM
I think a close second to POJO's ass (talk about TMI) would have to be Beirut.

As if the temperature weren't hot enough, add to that a couple of dropped missiles, the locals own fear and paranoia every time an air radi siren sounds or a plane passes overhead, and you're sitting in the world's most intense sauna ever...

POJO_Risin
07-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Don't punk out now oh Mouth of Brown...

you know with that middle eastern flava', Beirut has to be a fucking hotbed.

MAX
07-22-2006, 06:22 PM
It's 104 right now. Fortunately, I've stayed in the air conditioned house all day. I know a lot of people get depressed when it rains and shit. I'm the opposite cos when it gets so fucking hot like this and for long periods of time, I absolutely HATE being outside.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by MAX
It's 104 right now. Fortunately, I've stayed in the air conditioned house all day.

Let Freon Ring.

Dan
07-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Very Hot 15 degrees.:)

Sounds like you guys need to get to a Beach,lake,birdbath and drink lots of beer.lol

saint
07-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by WACF
You guys win.

We are hitting low to mid 30's C which is low to mid 90's F...this is the hottest summer I ever remember seeing.

My wife is 5 months prego...she is not really enjoying it all that much.

Air conditioning will be on the list.

and they said that global warming was a bad thing?

Hardrock69
07-23-2006, 12:11 PM
I saw on the news it was 107 in Wichita, Kansas on Wednesday.

sadaist
07-23-2006, 12:13 PM
111 yesterday, and forecast is the same for today. Humid as hell too. A few lightning bolts and thunderstorms floating around.

Jérôme Frenchise
07-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Yesterday I read that with air conditioning working full blast there's trouble with power supply in Cali by now...
Power consumption records were broken, they say.
Besides, your body never gets used to the heat when you spend most of your time under air conditioning.
I'll only use it in my car for 5 minutes when I start it up and it's 120°F in it because of sun exposure. Then I just open the panes and sun roof and it's OK.
Here in France it's rare that you have air conditioning in homes; only shops and retirement homes (mainly since the 2003 slaughter) are equipped. :cool:

Wawazat
07-26-2006, 06:53 AM
it´s 95 in this f........... office right now

guess i´ll need more coffee :D

Jérôme Frenchise
07-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
it´s 95 in this f........... office right now

guess i´ll need more coffee :D

Well... :( I sympathize!

In offices it seems logical to be equipped with air conditioning...
Otherwise, what else could they expect from you than surfing the Army? :D

Wawazat
07-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Well... :( I sympathize!

In offices it seems logical to be equipped with air conditioning...
Otherwise, what else could they expect from you than surfing the Army? :D

We have those temperatures for about 3 weeks now.

Those idiots who decided not to have air conditioning installed here

can call themselves lucky i don´t fuck around with the servers

on a 11 hours shift :D

Mr Badguy
07-26-2006, 07:32 AM
We it`s 30C over here, so that`s like what, 90F or something.

That weather`s alright for "greasers" but not for fair haired people like myself.

I`ve also got a bad case of heat rage so fuck all yous.

:D

Jérôme Frenchise
07-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
Those idiots who decided not to have air conditioning installed here

can call themselves lucky i don´t fuck around with the servers

on a 11 hours shift :D

11-hour shifts... under such temperatures! :eek:

If you do need coffee, try [I]cold[I] coffee as a girl friend of mine told me it quenches your thirst.
Besides, it's obvious that any employee will be less efficient at work when having to face such a heat.
It's a real miscalculation not to install air conditioning.

Jérôme Frenchise
07-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
We it`s 30C over here, so that`s like what, 90F or something.

That weather`s alright for "greasers" but not for fair haired people like myself.

I`ve also got a bad case of heat rage so fuck all yous.

:D

Yeah, bad weather for hairy beasts! :D

Mr Badguy
07-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah, bad weather for hairy beasts! :D

And hairy armpits ("oaxters" in Scottish), which I understand is how women wear theirs on the continent.

Jérôme Frenchise
07-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
And hairy armpits ("oaxters" in Scottish), which I understand is how women wear theirs on the continent.

Well, in France they don't. At least those whom arpits you can see. :D
Seriously, I've never had any girlfriend (safe two, but that was long ago) who didn't shave them.
In some countries like Portugal, it's no use for women to shave them as they'd spend all their time doing it. The same with moustaches. :D

"oaxters" in Scottish

:D In French you call them "owl nests". :D

Seriously, I don't understand dudes who dig girls who let their hair grow... Perhaps it's because of some subsisting unconscious, ancestral taste? :cool:

Mr Badguy
07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, in France they don't. At least those whom arpits you can see. :D
Seriously, I've never had any girlfriend (safe two, but that was long ago) who didn't shave them.
In some countries like Portugal, it's no use for women to shave them as they'd spend all their time doing it. The same with moustaches. :D

:D In French you call them "owl nests". :D

Seriously, I don't understand dudes who dig girls who let their hair grow... Perhaps it's because of some subsisting unconscious, ancestral taste? :cool:

Yeah!

With a hairy back and legs also.

PHWOAR!

;)

ODShowtime
07-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Trust me, when the wind blows, it feels like you are standing in front of a fucking huge ass hair dryer--people can take the 'dry heat' BS and shove it

Dude, try walking around in business attire in Clearwater, FL right now.

Not fun. Your sweat has nowhere to go.

blonddgirl777
07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

I truely sympathyse with you...

The East coast is disgusting right now.
Humid as hell, it make the hot temperature harder to tolerate.

We had alerts last week, warning elderlies and babies to stay into the air conditioned.
The public places keep the air conditioned to the max so you go from hot/cold so fast that it makes your head spin.

Now I am only in Quebec, Canada... I would simply die in Florida! :(

Mr Badguy
07-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Yeah it does.

Down the crack of your arse.

Golden AWe
07-27-2006, 08:27 AM
My balls sweat a lot.