PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Dickinson Airlifts 200 Beirut Evacuees

rustoffa
07-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Bruce Dickinson Airlifts 200 Beirut Evacuees

The Iron Maiden star flew to Cyprus, picked up the evacuees and flew them to London.
Friday, July 21, 2006

Iron Maiden singer and qualified pilot Bruce Dickinson airlifted 200 British citizens who had fled war torn Beirut, Lebanon back to the UK Thursday.

The 47-year-old flew a Boeing 757 to Cyprus where he picked up the evacuees and flew them back to London's Gatwick Airport.

A colleague says, "He was only too keen to get involved and help.

"He has a strong interest in the welfare of people caught up in international conflicts and cares about what is going on."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

DrMaddVibe
07-21-2006, 09:44 PM
That's a real humanitarian effort!

Way to go.

FORD
07-21-2006, 10:33 PM
http://www.musikmarkt-wiesbaden.de/images/Iron-Maiden-Aces-High--235110.jpg
:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

Matt White
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
A REAL MAN

UP THE IRONS

Mr. Vengeance
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
He had Two Minutes to Midnight cranked during the flight home!

BITEYOASS
07-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Fuck Sir Paul and Sir Elton, Give Bruce a damn Knighthood! :mad:

Soul Reaper
07-22-2006, 03:24 PM
nice one, Bruce....

UP THE MAIDEN!

Mezro
07-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Bruce Dickinson Airlifts 200 Beirut Evacuees

Mezro...I hear one of them was Paul Di'Anno...

FORD
07-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Mezro...I hear one of them was Paul Di'Anno...

It's always possible. He DID convert to Islam, if I remember correctly. Last I heard, he was helping Cat Stevens record a metal album of all his old hits.

Mezro
07-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It's always possible. He DID convert to Islam.

I can always count on you to get a joke first.

Mezro...oh yeah, that whole Islam angle really captures the youth market...makes you want to whip out your credit card and go wild on iTunes...

stringfelowhawk
07-22-2006, 04:52 PM
It's amazing how a single act like that can overshadow a million Bono speeches! Which leads me to ask a modified question once submitted by Janet, Miss Jackson if you're nasty. "What have you done for me lately?" Hell, wtf has Bono ever TRULY done for charity other than open his peterbeaters?

Shaun Ponsonby
07-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, Ello there Mez

Mr. Vengeance
07-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
It's amazing how a single act like that can overshadow a million Bono speeches! Which leads me to ask a modified question once submitted by Janet, Miss Jackson if you're nasty. "What have you done for me lately?" Hell, wtf has Bono ever TRULY done for charity other than open his peterbeaters?

He's thrown a white flag into the crowd at concerts and then when the crowd PREDICTABLY all start wrestling over it, he stops the show and says, "hey why are you fighting? There's enough fighting in the world already.." And the useless U2 fans cheer like he's Ghandi. And then the next night he does the same thing and is SHOCKED when the same thing happens.

Panamark
07-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Onya Brucie ! You are a beaut bloke !!!

ELVIS
07-22-2006, 09:59 PM
That is really awesome...

rustoffa
07-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It's always possible. He DID convert to Islam, if I remember correctly.

I don't wanna hear some wailing version of Wrathchild.
:)

Tiki-Tom
07-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Too bad he couldn't find a way to take Sharon Osbourne over and drop her off while he was there.

monkeythe
07-23-2006, 12:43 AM

You apparantly didn't read the Time magazine with him & Bill Gates as the people of the year. I thought he was just a preachy bs guy doing it all for pr until I read the article. His efforts got Bill Gates involved which has created a great possibility for some real lasting improvements in Africa.

Nickdfresh
07-23-2006, 07:51 PM

Well, I guess Bono didn't get his publicist to get the word out enough...

I really am not sure how a kind of a cool, good deed by Bruce Dickenson leads to Bono being an asshole. In fact he's done significant debt relief and funding for AIDS prevention in Africa...

And he was on the ground in Africa during the Ethiopian famine of the 80's, from which a lot of the lyrical inspiration of "The Joshua Tree" came from...

rustoffa
07-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I really am not sure how a kind of a cool, good deed by Bruce Dickenson leads to Bono being an asshole.

Me niether, but that right there is some LOL GOLD!!!
:lol: :killer: :rockit2:

ace diamond
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
Too bad he couldn't find a way to take Sharon Osbourne over and drop her off while he was there.

WE SHOULD ALL PITCH IN AND HIRE A PROFESSIONAL ASSASSIN TO KILL THAT FUCKING CUNT BITCH!!!!

Ozzy Fudd
07-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Fuck Sir Paul and Sir Elton, Give Bruce a damn Knighthood! :mad:
I agree

ace diamond
07-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
I agree

i second that motion