PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee's Family To Produce New Bio-Pic

Hardrock69
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
HONG KONG - Bruce Lee's family plans to produce a film on the late martial arts star, the first such movie it has actively supervised, the Chinese company making the motion picture said Sunday.

The film, which will be made by the Lee family and the Beijing Jian Yongjia film company, will be based on an upcoming biography of the late actor by Lee's brother, Lee Chun-fai, Beijing Jian Yongjia said in a statement.

"Bruce Lee died young, but stories about him haven't stopped surfacing for 30 years. A lot of them were rumors fed by rumors and exaggerated. Bruce Lee's family didn't make its opinions known because they understood people's passion about Bruce Lee," the statement said.

"As the members of the Lee family enter old age, to let people know the true story about Bruce Lee, Lee Chun-fai assumed responsibility and carefully organized materials kept by the family, writing the biography 'Bruce Lee,' a real and little-known true story," it said.

The book will debut on Nov. 25, Bruce Lee's birthday, and Beijing Jian Yongjia will produce a series of films, TV shows and documentaries based on it, including a movie titled "Bruce Lee," it said.

The Chinese news Web site Sina.com reported Sunday that Hong Kong comedian
Stephen Chow of "Shaolin Soccer" fame is a likely lead actor and that the film is budgeted at $12.5 million, with filming possibly to start early next year.

Hong Kong native Lee died in 1973 at age 32 from swelling of the brain. He is known for films in which he portrayed characters that defended the Chinese and working class from oppressors.

The announcement of the film came on the 33rd anniversary of his death.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/353946

http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/brucelee/brucefiststensed.jpg

Personally I am not interested in another (YAWN) movie where some actor is pretending to be Bruce Lee. It will be as stupid as any film produced about Jimi Hendrix...there can be only one. And for an actor to pretend to be Bruce Lee is ridiculous.

Jason Scott Lee did ok in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story", but if they are going to make some kind of definitive movie about him, let it be a documentary instead of some bullshit actor faking his way through a movie.

binnie
07-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Fantastic!

I'm always looking for new footage and stuff on Bruce Lee, and can't wait for this!

I'd really like to know more about him as a person rather than just the martial artist.

ULTRAMAN VH
07-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I have to agree with Hardrock, a documentary with some unseen footage would be just what the doctor ordered. Dragon was such a fabricated pile of shit, I don't think I could sit through another turkey like that. Maybe with the Lee family closely involved, things will be more realistic and some truth will be told. Author John Little really did a great job covering one of the greatest martial artists of all time. I would recommend his documentaries.

stringfelowhawk
07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
There is already a couple of docs on him that can be rented. One of them has the entire "Game of Death" fight scene footage that was never added to the final film because he died while making it and the film company finished it with a cutout mask over the actors face for the rest of the movie. They didn't use all of it because there were several areas where the dialogue was missing because it was exposed to something that ruined the audio but the actual video footage is awesome. That whole movie was based around Jeet Kun Do and how there were no set movements that left you open for attack because you can strike and adapt to any style you're fighting against. If you've ever noticed every time he reaches a different level it is guarded by a different style of martial arts.

Same documentary has a segment with Weintraub talking to Bruce Lee in his back yard about making "Enter The Dragon" and some guy jumps the fence and challenges Bruce Lee to fight because he thought it was all acting. It was over in 10 secs with the guy sprawled out unconcious. People would come up to him on the street after he made "The Big Boss" or "Fist of Fury" and challenge him and he would dispose of em and continue on. It happened to him all the time and had he declined it would have gotten out and possibly killed his career so he obliged and NEVER lost a single fight. During the filming of "Enter The Dragon" Bolo Yeung challenged him in front of the crew. He was short work and he didn't hold a grudge. If you're unfamiliar with him he was in "Bloodsport". The scene were he has to fight the american fighter and he kicks the guy all the way back through the chairs and shit was real. They were filming a scene earlier during the shoot of him using a broken bottle as a weapon against Bruce and actually did cut him by accident. When they had to shoot that fight scene for the tournament the rumor was he was gonna really hurt the guy and he was scared shitless. Instead of trying to really injure him he just really kicked him so when you see the guy fly back over the chairs it is not movie magic. He really kicked the guy and broke his arm in the process. Afterwards they were friends.
The tv show "Kung Fu" was his idea but he never got paid for it cause it was essentially stolen by the network who cast David Caradine because they didn't want an asian on tv in a lead role.
Dude was unbelievably strong for his size. He could do one armed, two finger pushups. He could knock you on your ass with a one inch punch and there is some footage in that doc of him hanging a rolled up matress from the ceiling via a loggin chain and demonstrating a side kick. He snapped the chain when he kicked it. Any cat that hangs out with Steve Mcqueen is cool mofo anyways.

ULTRAMAN VH
07-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Thats interesting, I never read or heard about Bolo challenging Bruce offset. The actor that received the sidekick to the chest was Bob Wall and he was lucky because his arm was not broken, but one of the many extra's that were behind him broke his arm while falling from colliding with Wall's body. You were dead on about Bruce being pissed that he got cut accidentally and Bob Wall was pretty concerned. The Game Of Death fight scene footage is AWESOME, that documentary was done by John Little, a top notch Lee Historian.

Hardrock69
07-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah I have those documentaries on video.

Aside from the behind the scenes stuff...it is just such a treat to see Bob Wall get his ass kicked (in the movie).

That is a trip about Bolo Yeung....

Pretty much Bruce was fucking invincible when it came to hand to hand combat.

Yeah the guy who jumped over Bruce Lee's fence and challenged him in his own yard: Bruce was infuriated because the dude had violated his own private space, and so kicked the fucking shit out of him even more than he normally would.

This is another prime example of an amazing person cut down in his prime. Another reason to ask the question: What would he have done had he lived until the present day?

Fucking Hollywood....those goddamnable fucks.

David Carradine....what a lame cocksucker.

That show was on when I was 12, and I watched it religiously. It was my favorite show.

I did not find out until the early 90s when a documentary came out that told how Bruce had created the show but was not allowed to star in it.

THAT WAS A FUCKING CRIME!

THE HOLLYWEIRD EXECUTIVE WHO MADE THAT DECISION SHOULD HAVE BEEN DRAWN AND QUARTERED AND THEN BURNED ALIVE!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

binnie
07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Gotta agree about Carradine, Hollywood racism in action to the executive who made that decision

But how cool would it have been if an ageing Bruce Lee had taken Carradine's part in the Kill Bill movies?

Hardrock69
07-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Shit...that woulda been a trip.....

Though it woulda been totally unbelievable that some hot American bitch could even come close to hitting him with a Dim Mak.....

It WAS totally unbelievable that Robin fought Kato to a draw....in fact it was quite stupid.

As the actors who played Batman, Robin & The Green Hornet all admit.

I was just a kid when the Green Hornet was on...I used to watch it all the time. Being an ignorant child, I used to call it "The Green Haunted".

:D

Hardrock69
07-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Some YouTube footage:

Bruce giving demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNpvSdv1Qdk&search=Bruce%20Lee

Here is some footage of him kicking ass including the kickass footage with Bob Wall as well as the "Be Like Water" interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvdDbcRsxjs&search=Bruce%20Lee

Check out youtube...type in "Bruce Lee" and there are 1365 video clips of him on there.

Hardrock69
07-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Here I found it...Bruce Lee vs. Bob Wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvdDbcRsxjs&search=Bruce%20Lee

LMFAO!!!! :D

He kicks the living fuck outta him!

It's grate!!!
:cool:

Hardrock69
07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Another episode wif Bob Wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3eZnUBBpDc&search=Bruce%20Lee

binnie
07-25-2006, 09:54 AM
At the end of the first youtube link, he does the one inch punch - that is one of the most increible things I've ever seen, it never gets old.

The guy that falls over onto the chair looks like he's been hit by a baseball bat.

Fuckin incredible.

Ozzy Fudd
07-25-2006, 09:37 PM
CHI a Powerfull thing.

Ozzy Fudd
07-25-2006, 09:38 PM
GREAT THREAD

stringfelowhawk
07-26-2006, 12:14 AM
That first video also shows him doing the 2 finger pushups. That is fuckin unbelievable. He isn't doin em like Stallone in Rocky with his feet separated and one shoulder lifted to keep his balance. He does em with his shoulders square and feet together. That takes otherworldly balance. That man is not human!

frets5150
07-26-2006, 01:33 AM
Remember the The Kentucky Fried Movie skit A Fistful of Yen Played by Evan Kim?

Funny shit.. Remember in the movie where the guy playing Bruce lee smacks the dog and says You need total concentwacion now twy again...LOL

The popcorn you have been eatin has been pissed in film at eleven

http://www.binaryflix.com/movie.asp?scope=k&ID=448

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/Untitled-4.jpg :D

frets5150
07-26-2006, 02:20 AM
Same documentary has a segment with Weintraub talking to Bruce Lee in his back yard about making "Enter The Dragon" and some guy jumps the fence and challenges Bruce Lee to fight because he thought it was all acting. It was over in 10 secs with the guy sprawled out unconcious.

There's a real Fuckin genius

:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
07-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Bruce sure taught him just how smart he was, didn't he?

ULTRAMAN VH
07-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Bruce Lee was way ahead of his time. The current mixed martial arts craze was being implemented by Bruce back in the early seventies. He knew that one single system of martial art was not the end all be all. Bruce stated that different systems of martial arts, each had their positives and negatives. Basically take what works for you. Unfortunatley his words were not taken seriously until 1991 when the Gracie's introduced a mixed martial art tournament called the UFC. The majority of the single styled martial artists were man handled by Gracie Jiu Jitsu and out of shape street fighters. The sport evolved at a jack rabbits pace and American fighters were soon studying every form of empty hand combat available with a heavy emphasis on groundfighting. Today MMA is now a staple in American martial arts. Bruce in his day was a sponge, soaking up techniques from Western Boxing, Eskrima, fencing, jiu jitsu and his foundation system of Wing Chun. He did not believe in myopic thought when it came to MA training.

Hardrock69
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Aside from the studying he did, he was still faster than 99.9% of all humans.

Christ...just watch him punch or kick. It is like watching a snake...you don't see them strike...you just see them recoiling AFTER they strike!

Hardrock69
07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
I was inspired by this thread to buy the Deluxe 2-DVD set of Enter The Dragon on Friday.

The hours of documentaries are fucking amazing. There are 2 that I have bever seen before.

They never mention Bolo Yeung by name, but Bob Wall does say about the guy that "he was much bigger than Bruce", and Bolo was the only stunt guy bigger than Bruce.

Bruce sure shut him the fuck up.

I am going to watch the actual movie here in a few.

One thing that amazed me...Bob Wall (who was executive producer of one of the documentaries) looks like he is in his 20s! He has not aged a bit! And this is thirty fucking years on down the road!

binnie
08-01-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I was inspired by this thread to buy the Deluxe 2-DVD set of Enter The Dragon on Friday.

The hours of documentaries are fucking amazing. There are 2 that I have bever seen before.

They never mention Bolo Yeung by name, but Bob Wall does say about the guy that "he was much bigger than Bruce", and Bolo was the only stunt guy bigger than Bruce.

Bruce sure shut him the fuck up.

I am going to watch the actual movie here in a few.

One thing that amazed me...Bob Wall (who was executive producer of one of the documentaries) looks like he is in his 20s! He has not aged a bit! And this is thirty fucking years on down the road!

I agree that the documentary is great - as is the Nun-chuck scene (it was banned in the UK for decades, don't know if it was in the US)

Hardrock69
08-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I still remember in Junior high school when kids started fooling around with them due to that scene. Suddenly teachers were confiscating them, and I had friends who took up martial arts after seeing that movie.

binnie
08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
I still remember in Junior high school when kids started fooling around with them due to that scene. Suddenly teachers were confiscating them, and I had friends who took up martial arts after seeing that movie.

thats my fav Bruce movie. I know martial arts purists say that the Hong Kong films are more loyal to the culture and all, but I think "Enter...." just captuers his movement and style far better.

It is also a far superior film in terms of script/ acting.....

ULTRAMAN VH
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Agreed, throughout the film Lee displayed various skills with single stick, double stick, staff, nunchucks, grappling, kicking and empty hand.

Hardrock69
08-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh, and the "asskicking style".

binnie
08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Oh, and the "asskicking style".

Ha Ha!

One of my favourite bits is "The art of fighting without fighting"

Hardrock69
08-01-2006, 09:51 PM
One thing Linda Lee Caldwell said in one of the interviews that struck me as absolute truth:

Pretty much all action heroes in the movies are just actors.

John Wayne could ride a horse. And shoot a gun. But in real life he lived in the 20th century.

Clint Eastwood could not or would not even approach the notion of shooting people up like he did in his films.

But Linda said that Bruce was not playing a role in his films. Everything you saw on the screen, he was absolutely capable of doing in real life.

And he DID do that stuff in real life.

Sure he coulda been a martial artist as a sport.

But he was challenged all too often on the streets of Hong Kong, and in each case he kicked the living fuck out of anyone stupid enough to challenge him.

Even Bolo Yeung could testify to that LOL!

Bruce Lee was REAL. He was not a fictional character, living in fictional situations.

Sure the movie scripts were fiction, but they never depicted him doing anything he could not do. In fact, there was a lot of shit he could do that never made it into his feature films.

The above fact that Bruce Lee was a REAL person, sets him far above any other actor on the planet. He was just portraying HIMSELF on the screen.

I could go on and on about this, but I am just preaching to the choir here.....

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1496730/0/nouser_1496/T0_-1_1496730.gif

redblkwht
08-03-2006, 02:59 AM
Those links dont work anymore:(

Its too bad the real story on how he died isnt known..
all rumors. you would think linda would have told the real truth by now.

binnie
08-03-2006, 03:55 AM
Those links worked fine for me...

Hardrock69
08-03-2006, 09:26 AM
The Enter The Dragon clips have been removed from YouTube due to copyright infringement.

redblkwht
08-04-2006, 02:56 AM
See I knew it didnt pull up for me..i went back this morning & looked again.

I was like..did i have too much brew last night? :gulp::killer:

Hardrock69
08-04-2006, 11:14 AM
You can never have too much brew...

redblkwht
08-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Id have to agree on some nights bro..

Susie Q
08-12-2006, 10:26 AM
I got into Bruce Lee due to Ozzy Fudd. He would teach me how to spar n' shit. I remember this one time that we were sparring and I kicked him in the family jewels. Hell I was only maybe 10 years old at the time. He didn't get mad, he just fell to the ground and crawled to the bathroom. LOL!!

VanHalener
06-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I am searching without any luck. Anyone have any new news on this?...

HONG KONG - Bruce Lee's family plans to produce a film on the late martial arts star, the first such movie it has actively supervised, the Chinese company making the motion picture said Sunday.

The film, which will be made by the Lee family and the Beijing Jian Yongjia film company, will be based on an upcoming biography of the late actor by Lee's brother, Lee Chun-fai, Beijing Jian Yongjia said in a statement.

"Bruce Lee died young, but stories about him haven't stopped surfacing for 30 years. A lot of them were rumors fed by rumors and exaggerated. Bruce Lee's family didn't make its opinions known because they understood people's passion about Bruce Lee," the statement said.

"As the members of the Lee family enter old age, to let people know the true story about Bruce Lee, Lee Chun-fai assumed responsibility and carefully organized materials kept by the family, writing the biography 'Bruce Lee,' a real and little-known true story," it said.

The book will debut on Nov. 25, Bruce Lee's birthday, and Beijing Jian Yongjia will produce a series of films, TV shows and documentaries based on it, including a movie titled "Bruce Lee," it said.

The Chinese news Web site Sina.com reported Sunday that Hong Kong comedian
Stephen Chow of "Shaolin Soccer" fame is a likely lead actor and that the film is budgeted at $12.5 million, with filming possibly to start early next year.

Hong Kong native Lee died in 1973 at age 32 from swelling of the brain. He is known for films in which he portrayed characters that defended the Chinese and working class from oppressors.

The announcement of the film came on the 33rd anniversary of his death.

As I wait for 2008 and CVH I would love to have some new Bruce info or film to help pass the time...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u1z7ELBVK6k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u1z7ELBVK6k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ozzy Fudd
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I got into Bruce Lee due to Ozzy Fudd. He would teach me how to spar n' shit. I remember this one time that we were sparring and I kicked him in the family jewels. Hell I was only maybe 10 years old at the time. He didn't get mad, he just fell to the ground and crawled to the bathroom. LOL!!

LMMFAO (High Voice Here) Yeah saw fuckin stars that day.

Nitro Express
06-01-2007, 01:44 PM
I spent a fair share of my childhood in Hong Kong and Bruce was a fucking legend there. Hated by the older Chinese because he spilled the beans on Chi but idolized by the younger people.

I remember being dragged off to Sunday worship services at the LDS Chapel in Hong Kong while tuning into the baseline spiritualism Bruce taught. What I know now, I knew then but didn't know it but even as a child I knew Christianity was a bunch of crap and as far as anything spiritually useful, Bruce Lee was teaching it. Stuff so powerful the older Chinese wanted to keep it under tabs.

If you think about it, religion being sold like a Ron Propiel product is being sold to take advantage of people. Spiritual tools people want to keep secret. That's the good stuff and Bruce shared the good stuff!

Susie Q
06-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I wonder whatever happened to the making of this movie?

Terry
06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
There's an excellent book on Bruce Lee called Fighting Spirit, written by Elvis Costello's former bass player Bruce Thomas (!).

There's already been a ton of documentaries done - I agree that it wouldn't be interesting to have another 'biopic' in the style of Dragon done at all...

Dunno. Maybe if there is some previously unseen footage that results from it, it'll be worthwhile.

DLRdelight!
06-02-2007, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
GREAT THREAD

have to agree. they have been showing enter the dragon a lot lately on tv. i have always been a bruce lee fan since my dad used to watch his movies all the time. im going to have to find that john little documentary now

Shaun Ponsonby
06-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Whose gonna play him this time?

I reckon it'll be BOB.

VanHalener
06-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I wonder whatever happened to the making of this movie?
Me too! I need a Chinese connection. Nitro Express, can you read Chinese? Seeing anything out there?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CbvSms-1yj4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CbvSms-1yj4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

VanHalener
06-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Van Halen is the Shit!

Bruce is the Man!

Roth Army, bitches!

I'm out!

PEACE
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qjSoyynST0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qjSoyynST0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

VanHalener
09-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Has any one heard any more about that book/movie about Bruce?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2Yn_IE6MGQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2Yn_IE6MGQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwu3C38uQfU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwu3C38uQfU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>