PDA

View Full Version : rotharmy history

danielc
07-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Today I was thinking about how this site got started. Whose idea was it to start it? What do the mods do, how did they get involved, etc, etc.? Who designed the web site...spare me no details. Please don't kick my ass for asking, but how does everyone attach these images under their posts.

Northern Girl
07-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Read through this for starters:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35389

A mere oversight that I am not mentioned. ;)

Seshmeister
07-25-2006, 11:13 PM
People posting at VHLinks got fed up with the Van Hagar bias, Sarge, not a lot, posting a lot, Sarge, you can't at the moment some sort of site problem.

rustoffa
07-25-2006, 11:30 PM
If you've had the chance to read multiple deals about this deal, it'd be mapped out.

Maybe you have, maybe you haven't.

Hopefully, this thread will take on a life of it's own in Feedback.

Now, before anyone gets bent out of shape as they're reading this in Feedback, I would suggest that the moderators of this forum can shed alot more light on the query.

Fuck, for all I know, alot of other folks can do it as well!

Just watch.
:)

danielc
07-26-2006, 12:14 AM
What do the mods do

What Are Moderators?
Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

Found that answer

danielc
07-26-2006, 12:18 AM
What is the signature for? [edit your profile]
After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper.

If the administrator has enabled signatures, then you will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the board will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message.

...and another question answered.

You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option.

You can set your signature by editing your profile.

danielc
07-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Read through this for starters:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/show...?threadid=35389

A mere oversight that I am not mentioned.

Thanks for that info Northern Girl.

LoungeMachine
07-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by danielc

What do the mods do,

Get drunk.

Harass others.

Blame the webbies.

Hope that helps ;)

danielc
07-26-2006, 12:29 AM
I also meant to ask what year it started. If I recall correctly, I stumbled across it one day, I dunno, maybe a few years back. And then I tried it again several times over the course of time and it was gone.

Dr. Love
07-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by danielc
What do the mods do,

That's it!! :mad: Let's kick his ass for asking!

Dr. Love
07-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Actually we all draw names for problem users. Once you have received your marching orders, it is your job as a moderator to kick the shit out of that user wherever/whenever he posts.

It's a long, hard job with few rewards. But really, getting to hang out in the mod room and read and respond to Dave (as well as the band) from time to time when they post makes it all worthwhile. The complimentary concert tickets/backstage passes are nice, too, though I think for LoungeMachine it brings back some akward, painful memories.

LoungeMachine
07-26-2006, 10:16 AM
You know better than to talk in open forums about the mod room ,Doc.

You're already on Dave's shit list for that drunken display you put on in Vegas.

Golden AWe
07-26-2006, 10:21 AM
We drink a lot of wine in the mod room.

It's better than manjuice (they say).

LoungeMachine
07-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I think for LoungeMachine it brings back some akward, painful memories.

Thankfully, the years of alcohol and drug abuse have taken care of that "memory" problem quite nicely.

:cool:

Unchainme
07-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
That's it!! :mad: Let's kick his ass for asking!

LMAO!

POJO_Risin
07-26-2006, 11:38 PM
This site was born in 1999...

and through several changes in personel and looks...

ended up here...today...

in the middle of the abyss known as...

"Who really gives a flying fuck anymore."

Of course, us steady...or better yet, unsteady few guide the ship...trying to hit every fucking iceberg in the path.

Icon

that is all

Dr. Love
07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
You know better than to talk in open forums about the mod room ,Doc.

You're already on Dave's shit list for that drunken display you put on in Vegas.

:o

danielc
07-28-2006, 11:49 PM
I have a better handle on it now. Thanks to all.