PDA

View Full Version : Scary Movies...

blonddgirl777
07-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I just loooove scary movies but unfortunately, the ones I've seen for the past couple years
haven't scared me at all!

I used to thrive on the adrenalin rush, the sleepless nights and the overall fear that "this might happen to me"...

In the past, I've been really shaken by those;
"The Omen 1"
"Exorcist"
Stephen King's "It" and "Carrie"
"The Village"
And other mind twisters that I might forget right now...

Lately, I saw Quintin Tarentino's "The Hostel"... pretty fucked up in a sens that again,
"those things are very possible".
I recomend it to every weird/scary movie addict...

I would like suggestions but keep in mind that green monsters, blood overflows and big explosions
don't do anything for me.
More dialogue, less Hollywood.

And please... no funny/scary movie either.

Thanks!

PHOENIX
07-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Ma cher a tu vu le vieux film " The Changeling"?

blonddgirl777
07-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Ma cher a tu vu le vieux film " The Changeling"?

Not that I can remember...
What is it about?

guwapo_rocker
07-26-2006, 10:58 PM
The original "When A Stranger Calls" scared the shit out of me.

Might have been the acid though.

blonddgirl777
07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
The original "When A Stranger Calls" scared the shit out of me.

Might have been the acid though.

Was it a bk/wh, made in the 60's?
Did you see "I saw what you did", also a bk/wh from the 60's?

I don't know if it's just me but the bk/wh with poor effects made the movies darker, so a little scarier...

blonddgirl777
07-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
... Might have been the acid though.

As a teenager, I watched "The Wall" from Pink Floyd... on Acid.
Not a scary movie but those hammers and the meat grinder really got through my head...

It WAS the acid.

My friend and I where home alone.

In the middle of the movie, I started to freak out, so I ran in the kitchen, grabed a butcher's knife and started running after him with it...
He dragged me in the shower, and got the cold water running (on my big hair) so I got mad
and we really started to fight.

We ended up breaking the glass shower door (it all fell in thousand pieces on us) and the buzz suddenly "went off"...

THAT DEFINITELY WAS, the Acid!
:(

guwapo_rocker
07-26-2006, 11:13 PM

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/5017/200pxwhenastrangercallsfilmhr1.jpg

m_dixon1984
07-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Jaccob's Ladder with Tim Robbins is a pretty good. First time I saw Silence Of The Lambs I was pretty scared/spooked/freaked-out. Of course Jaws but I was just a kid when I saw it for the first time. Aliens was kinda scary for a while and then you just wanted to scream at the screen for the bitch to look up.

I could recommend a ton of bloodfests and monster/creature flicks but I'll stop with my list above.

I love a good, or bad (especially the bad), horror flick. Joe Bob Briggs, of Joe Bob Briggs goes to the Drive-In, was a hero of mine back in the day.

M

blonddgirl777
07-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Jaccob's Ladder with Tim Robbins is a pretty good....

Talk about a mind twister!
Awsome movie... I saw it many times.

blueturk
07-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Try "Saw". But skip all the sequels that have and will be made.

m_dixon1984
07-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Yes, Saw, fantastic. Gory, bloody and gross but also a fantastic mind fuck. Loved it!

M

m_dixon1984
07-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Actually, I just thought of another recent one I liked. It's not on the same level as Saw but I was actually quite impressed with The Butterfly Effect. Surprising since I didn't think Ashton Kutcher could do anything other than stoner humour (not there's anything wrong with that!!).

M

Panamark
07-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Hey Penix, I remember the Changeling..
That fookin old fashioned wheelchair..
Creepy shit

Panamark
07-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Evil Dead !!

Panamark
07-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Dawn/Day of the Dead.. good zombie ones

Panamark
07-27-2006, 06:09 AM
A kinda recent good one (big budget) was that flick
with Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer, fook,
what was it called ?? What lies beneath.. ??

The Ring was kinda ok..

Scariest film I ever saw "Faces of Death"
real footage of people getting killed and dying.

That fucked me physcologically..

DONT WATCH IT !

bueno bob
07-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Some recent ones that have turned my head...

Dog Soldiers...a few years old now, but a rather good English flick about werewolves...

Deadbirds...set in the old west, a pack of bank robbers takes refuge in an abandoned house...and all the shit kicks in...has the kid that played Elliott in E.T., but don't let that scare you away from it...very well done...

28 Days Later...a better than average English zombie film...

They Came Back...a French semi-zombie film (English subtitles only)...but NOT your run of the mill zombie film, more like a look at how people with death, the grieving process and moving on...but kinda unsettling to watch anyway...

Just a few for starters...

Panamark
07-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Oh Fuck !!

What about "The Reanimator"

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 08:06 AM
I'll have to think a minute to pick my favorite! I am a horror movie fan!

I saw a movie the other night that was wierd as hell! Called "RUINED!" It's like Hills Have eyes ... car breaks down ... people are taken in by the most wacked out bunch I have ever seen! Totaly wacked out movie!

SAW 2 I thought was better than the first. HOSTEL is pretty fucked up!

Golden AWe
07-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Anything with the Olsen Twins seem scary...saw a clip of one of them...seemed like a horrible movie, but what's even worse they bring out the pedophile in me :D

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Evil Dead !!

"Give me back my HAND!"

The_KiD
07-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Some of my favorite classics are:

Halloween
The Omen
The Excorcist
When A Stranger Calls
Last House on the left
The Shining

Some recent releases that are decent (not classics but worth checking out if you have not seen them are)

The Others
What Lies Beneath
Wrong Turn
The Gift
Identity
Mothman Prophecies
The Ring (Do not waste your time on the Sequal)

KiD

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 08:12 AM
"House of 1000 Corpses" is a must see!
Dawn/Day ofvthe dead are classics to say the least!
Wolf Creek is a new one that's twisted!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Ed at House of Petals is a horrific view!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Wrong Turn .... when the someone looses half their head with an axe swing ... NICE! Which reminds me of the FINAL DESTINATION series! First two are great the third is a stretch! They make you think the people are going to die one way then when they think they are safe ... whammo!:D

Golden AWe
07-27-2006, 08:29 AM
remember THE FOG by John Carpenter...

and DEEP RED by Dario Argento...plenty of other grate italian horror available too...

bueno bob
07-27-2006, 08:49 AM
What DT said about Wolf Creek...very 70s vibe to it, kinda starts out slow but it gets moving along rather well towards the end...

blonddgirl777
07-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Saw
Butterfly Effect
Faces of Death
The Shining
The Fog
Mothman Prophecies
Where excellent!

I am taking note of the others...
Thanks!

blonddgirl777
07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Can anyone remember that movie from the 70's where someone gets his hand cut off and the hand starts crawling in the city (by itself) strangling people?

What was the title?

m_dixon1984
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
The Crawling Hand was the name of a movie from the 60's. Pretty cheesy, really, but good for a laugh today.

M

blonddgirl777
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
The Crawling Hand was the name of a movie from the 60's. Pretty cheesy, really, but good for a laugh today.

M

I was just a child when I saw it and for all I can remember is that it did, scare the shit out of me!

I wish I could see it again... I would probably laugh!

Cato
07-28-2006, 07:38 AM
the scariest movie I've ever seen is Rosemary's baby.
there's no flying chainsaw, bloody axe, deserted cottage, hiccupping zombie, huge boobs there unlike the others, though. I wet my pants when I saw it first.
Roman Polanski is a genius.

blonddgirl777
07-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Cato
the scariest movie I've ever seen is Rosemary's baby.
there's no flying chainsaw, bloody axe, deserted cottage, hiccupping zombie, huge boobs there unlike the others, though. I wet my pants when I saw it first.
Roman Polanski is a genius.

O.M.G. I had forgotten about that one...:eek:
Real good!

danielc
07-29-2006, 04:27 AM
Try any of these: The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Grudge (to me, very scary) and some may disagree but The Blair Witch Project. House of a Thousand Corpses was mentioned earlier, it's scary and is kind of like Texas Chainsaw Massacre but the oldness of TCM (made in early 70s) makes it a little scarier (IMO). BTW I saw IT for the first time the other night and was a little disappointed. It was too damn long for one thing. I think what screwed it up for me was the ginormus spider at the end.

bueno bob
07-29-2006, 08:40 AM
If you're looking for a REAL gross-out (no scares...just fucking GROSS) try "Mermaid in a Manhole"...

Good luck finding it...you'll probably have to trade for it, it's very underground, but it's probably the most disgusting 50-60 minutes put to tape that I've ever seen...

Splendid!!

Soul Reaper
07-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
If you're looking for a REAL gross-out (no scares...just fucking GROSS) try "Mermaid in a Manhole"...

Good luck finding it...you'll probably have to trade for it, it's very underground, but it's probably the most disgusting 50-60 minutes put to tape that I've ever seen...

Splendid!!

Just found it on imdb.....sounds very very gory....

Is it the one where she vomits up blood, stuff and worms?....

blondgirl, try "Thunderpants", it's scarily crap....

PumpedUpMidget
07-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Devils Rejects and High Tension are good....

danielc
07-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Devils Rejects

Awesome movie. Even Siskel and Ropert (pardon spelling) gave it 2 thumbs up. It was more gory than scary.

danielc
07-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Faces of Death 1-3 are pretty sobering if not scary.

blonddgirl777
07-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by danielc
Faces of Death 1-3 are pretty sobering if not scary.

In deed... :eek:

Douglas T.
07-30-2006, 10:16 PM
^Oh man ... when that guy stabs that girl in the neck! Yikes!

Matt White
07-30-2006, 10:22 PM
FROM BEYOND

Golden AWe
07-31-2006, 01:51 AM
http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/COVERS%205/DEEP%20RED%20VHS%20ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/cover%20scans/deep%20red%20dvd.jpg

http://www.ilcancello.com/LOCANDINE%20E%20FILM/LOCANDINE/POSTER%20-%20DEEP%20RED%20(PROFONDO%20ROSSO).jpg

Ozzy Fudd
08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
This might not even be out there anymore.....but as a kid in the late 60s early 70 i seen a movie called Terror Island. that was, from what i can recall using my Second City TV The Count (vaddy vaddy skarry) voice.:D

Soul Reaper
08-02-2006, 07:37 AM
evil dummies are just freaky....

'The Others' can be quite creepy at times....but it's not incredibly scary....

singerman
08-08-2006, 09:23 PM
any movie with ghostly kids that appear from nowhere and just stand there without saying a word...frightens the shit out of me....and if they do talk,its always the ones with english accents that seem more frightning....even worse if its a set of twins.....jeez...im getting scared just thinking about it

Unchainme
08-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Splendid!!

I found pics...
:uck: :uck: :uck:

DO NOT FUCKING CLICK ON THIS LINK IF YOU ARE FUCKING EATING ANYTHING, IT IS FUCKING SICK AS FUCKING HELL.

http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/horror/guineapigmermaid/guineapigmermaid.html

Hardrock69
08-08-2006, 10:10 PM
From Beyond was based on an HP Lovecraft story that scared the shit out of me as a teenager.

My Mom introduced me to HP Lovecraft when I was about 12.....what a kickass author of unique antedeluvian horror!!!

http://www.graphicclassics.com/pics/allenk2.jpg

If ya really wanna see a scary movie, watch a home video of Joe Thudner chained to a bed and being told he can't fuck the naked 4-year-old boy standing just out of reach....
:D

blonddgirl777
08-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Just saw "The Grudge"...
Rather entertaining but didn't scare me at all.

blonddgirl777
08-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Now I just visited the "Amputee Doll Sex" thread and it reminded me of the movie: "Boxing Helena"...

Now THAT was to me, very scary as I sort of recognized myself in that female character; some psycho. could have wanted to "get back" at my arrogance that way :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :(

Matt White
08-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
From Beyond was based on an HP Lovecraft story that scared the shit out of me as a teenager.

My Mom introduced me to HP Lovecraft when I was about 12.....what a kickass author of unique antedeluvian horror!!!

http://www.graphicclassics.com/pics/allenk2.jpg

If ya really wanna see a scary movie, watch a home video of Joe Thudner chained to a bed and being told he can't fuck the naked 4-year-old boy standing just out of reach....
:D

They've never done his work justice in the movies...maybe they'll get it right one day...

THE DUNWICH HORROR would ROCK if done right....

PICKMAN'S MODEL...it was on an old NIGHT GALLERY...damn scary stuff!!!

I recently heard that THE SHADOW OVER INNSMOUTH was the inspiration behind the CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.....
H.P. was a genius.....

blonddgirl777
08-16-2006, 11:59 PM
I am drooling on your new avatar Matt!

Matt White
08-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I am drooling on your new avatar Matt!
:DI aim to please BG!!!

kathleenvh
08-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I havent seen it, but a friend of mine said that the exorcism of emily rose is the best scarey movie ever lol so im gonna see that pretty soon...I like Sleepwalkers, but its so ridiculous...its funny but there's def. parts that made me jump...and wanna puke, i felt on edge a lot near the end when the virgin has to dance with this nasty corpse guy...its pretty good

Anonymous
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm bumping this thread.

Why? I'm on a horror film kick right now, watching all them classics. And there's many here I need to remember as I watch 'em one by one, hence the bumping.

Also, yesterday I finally saw Hostel - mentioned in the original post - and Hostel II. While not horror films, it did manage to get a strong emotion out of me - rage. Since films are all - or shouldbe - about making you feel a particular emotion, I'd say this one was highly successful. I REALLY was pissed off at all that shit goin' on, the complete & utter disrespect for other living beings... made me think of all the true shit out there, snuff, paedophilia, etc... I'd say with all those rings set around the world something like the Elite Hunting isn't too far-fetched.

Anyways, the second found me a bit more jaded, to the point that I just could not wait for that Bijou red-headed bitch to suffer horribly. Honestly, few (harmless) things manage to piss me off more than THAT American accent. IT'S SO FUCKING RETARDED! Every time I listen to a "Oh my God, she was like, totally..." in that petulant tone of voice so characteristic to that accent I REALLY want to kick the speaker's head off. Rip their eyes out, with a fuckin' spoon!

No wonder people hate Americans so much nowadays. That accent is enough to make you want to do unspeakable acts to a whole nation. People, please, do yourselves & the world a favour. BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THAT FUCKIN' ACCENT OUT OF YOUR CHILDREN!!! Even if it means to render 'em unconscious a couple of times, PLEASE do it.

Please!

Unfortunately, all they showed was a bit of her face cut off... not nearly enough for me.

Cheers! :bottle:

Hardrock69
06-01-2010, 11:58 PM
"like, omigawd! Like, gag me with a spoon! That is so, like, totally gross!!!!"