PDA

View Full Version : Sustaniac pickup: Anybody got one in their guitar?

Matt White
07-26-2006, 10:30 PM
http://www.sustainiac.com/

I know sustaniac makes 'em...Fernandes GUitars have their own...Kramer used to have 'em to....

Anybody got one in their guitar?

Do you dig it?

I played a Jackson(Or maybe a Charvel) with one once at guitar center...played out of a tiny amp...sounded like the amp was gonna EXPLODE!!!

Very cool...still thinking aboot droping one in one of my guitars.....

http://www.sustainiac.com/stealth.htm

ELVIS
07-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I played a Jackson(Or maybe a Charvel) with one once at guitar center...played out of a tiny amp...sounded like the amp was gonna EXPLODE!!!

Is that good or bad ??

:elvis:

Matt White
07-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Is that good or bad ??

:elvis:

Good...in a EVH kind of way...like I had the thing on 20....balls out....yet the volume was on 1....

Kinda like an E-bow...but really like a cranked amp...don't muffle the strings and...FEEDBACK CITY.....

Endless...yes ENDLESS sustain....

ELVIS
07-26-2006, 11:51 PM
That's quite a different description...

Matt White
07-26-2006, 11:57 PM
That's quite a different description...

You rascal!

Didn't you click on the link?!?

"Morph sustained notes into cool-sounding harmonics, and back to fundamental vibration mode with our HARMONIC MODE CONTROL. Indespensible for the recording studio."

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I was already familiar with the product...:D

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 12:14 AM
But, no, I have never had one...:D

kentuckyklira
07-27-2006, 03:30 AM
I have a couple of Fernandes with Sustainers in them. Great toy but you got to have the songs and band members thatīll let you use it.

Coyote
07-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
http://www.sustainiac.com/

I know sustaniac makes 'em...Fernandes GUitars have their own...Kramer used to have 'em to....

Anybody got one in their guitar?

Do you dig it?

Very cool...still thinking aboot droping one in one of my guitars.....

http://www.sustainiac.com/stealth.htm

That's one gimmick I won't be needing at the moment.

Hardrock69
07-27-2006, 11:08 AM
I would just as soon create my harmonic feedback the old fashioned way (for free), without having to buy something to achieve that sound....

Matt White
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I would just as soon create my harmonic feedback the old fashioned way (for free), without having to buy something to achieve that sound....

You've found a way to create continuous feedback..like an ebow?!?:confused:

Without having the amp loud enough to kill farm animals & small children?

Clue me in.......

Hardrock69
07-28-2006, 11:50 AM
With the right amp it is not necessary to turn it up loud enough to kill farm animals and small children to get that sound.

ELVIS
07-28-2006, 04:12 PM
My setup gets that kind of controllable feedback at relatively low volume...

Matt White
07-28-2006, 05:56 PM
You can simulate an ebow?:confused:

ELVIS
07-28-2006, 06:24 PM
No...

jhale667
07-28-2006, 09:27 PM
My setup gets that kind of controllable feedback at relatively low volume...

Mine too. But then it IS a Boogie....:D

Originally posted by Hardrock69
With the right amp it is not necessary to turn it up loud enough to kill farm animals and small children to get that sound.

True, but it's so much fun!!! :killer:

I've thought about building a guitar with one, but can't honestly see myself using it enough to justify the purchase....

BrownSound1
07-29-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
Mine too. But then it IS a Boogie....:D

I hope you aren't bragging about that. :D Don't tell me you have one of those Messy Booger Triple Rectumfriers.

jackassrock
07-29-2006, 11:08 AM
I've got a Fernandez sustainer too. I find it fun to play with, but there's a few things I've noticed.

As a pickup it sounds pretty good on it's own, but when you kick in the sustainer you have to stick to single notes or the thing is just too much for an amp (kinda like chording with an octave pedal), everything just mushes together and sounds...shitty. That is to say, if your amp is any louder than on 1 it will sound bad. The single note thing sounds cool though. Sort of e-bow like, but not quite.

And like KYlLira said, you need to have a specific use for it. Like a breakdown 5 minute guitar jam for it to really be an effective tool.

jhale667
07-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I hope you aren't bragging about that. :D Don't tell me you have one of those Messy Booger Triple Rectumfriers.

No, sir. :D They kinda lost me with the Rectos. I have a Simul-Class Red-Stripe MKIII. Next up, a Metro Plexi build...