PDA

View Full Version : A real life soda JERK!

bueno bob
07-28-2006, 09:01 AM
SODA JERK LIVES UP TO NAME
Wednesday July 19, 2006

By Chad Elliott

MOCKINGBIRD, Md. -- At Pop's Downtown Drugstore, soda jerk Tommy Wiseman, 19, lived up to his job title by insulting and ignoring customers and serving them lousy milkshakes.

"The kid was terrible," longtime customer Joe Friendly, 62, said. "He was single-handedly running Pop out of business."

According to Friendly, the surly soda jerk went out of his way to mock and harass store patrons, even giving one man an eyeful of seltzer when he ordered a "soda."

"Another time a heavy-set man came in and ordered a milkshake," Friendly recalled. "So the kid slops one together and slides it down to the guy, saying, 'There you go, Fats!' The poor man got so red I thought he was going to have a heart attack."

Other customers were altogether ignored by the prankish youngster.

"One woman waited more than half an hour for Tommy to serve her," Friendly said. "He kept saying, 'Be with you in a minute.' After a halfhour she finally started to leave, swearing under her breath, and he came and took her order, laughing."

Customer complaints regarding the jerk's behavior eventually found their way to store owner Jim "Pop" Evans, 75, who immediately had a talk with his employee. Wiseman's attitude and behavior changed virtually overnight.

"It was a misunderstanding," Wiseman said. "I thought soda jerk meant that I was supposed to be rude to the customers. I figured it was all a show to entertain them.

"Pop set me straight," he added. "I'm doing the job the right way now -- though it's not as much fun."

MY GOODNESS! :eek:

EbDawson
07-28-2006, 09:13 AM
LOL! I remember when Jethro on the Hillbillies wanted to make soda jerking his career.

Ellyllions
07-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Have any of you ever been to Dick's Last Resort at Myrtle Beach, SC. This is their way of doing things. So much fun to go there and exchange insults with the wait staff.

They insult the way you look, insult your choice of order, and then put a paper hat on you with the PRIMO of insults (of their choice of course) written on it for everyone to see.

I love going there when we're in town but hubby can't stand it. He gets offended too easily. LOL!

Hardrock69
07-28-2006, 11:45 AM
That young man seems to almost be as stupid as Jizzystool....

bueno bob
07-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
That young man seems to almost be as stupid as Jizzystool....

Really?

Damn, I just assumed the guys name was Ryan Monohan...guess I should have read the article better...

danielc
07-29-2006, 10:17 AM
'There you go, Fats!'

That's awesome.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Weekly world news = fake. No one could be thatr fucking stupid.

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/chamber/61658

The only stupid people are the people who actually read this rag. In next week's issue, Bat Boy is going to eat the Soda Jerk, and Pop is going to have a baby with it.