PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson busted for DUI!

Mr. Vengeance
07-28-2006, 05:08 PM
HA! Must have been all the sacramental wine the santimonious dope was drinking!

Mel Gibson Arrested for DUI By Joal Ryan
18 minutes ago

If pain, as Mel Gibson has said, is "the precursor to change," then the Oscar-winning star may be bound for a new direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Gibson, 50, was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving at 2:36 a.m. Friday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The actor-director was detained while driving along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the sheriff's department. Gibson was booked and later released from custody.

"Right now, it's an ongoing investigation," Whitmore told E! News.

Gibson's bail was set at $5,000, online records show.

This is at least the second DUI arrest for Gibson, though the first since he was widely reported to have begun attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in the early 1990s. The earlier DUI bust occurred in 1984 in Toronto, where Gibson was filming Mrs. Soffel with Diane Keaton.

Twenty years ago, Gibson responded to his troubles by stepping back from his movie career.

"I wasn't channeling the energy properly," Gibson said in a 2004 CNN profile on the star. "It was too much in the race, and I didn't have enough petrol, but I was going for the finish line anyway."

When Gibson returned to Hollywood, his demons weren't far behind. By 1991, he told ABC News, he thought about jumping out a window.

"I just didn't want to go on," Gibson said.

His problems, Gibson explained, were "spiritual bankruptcy"--and addiction.

"I would get addicted to anything, anything at all," Gibson told ABC News. "Doesn't matter what it is--drugs, booze, anything. You name it--coffee, cigarettes, anything."

Gibson, who went on to win two Oscars for Braveheart, talked up his low points while stumping for 2004's The Passion of the Christ, the gory account of Jesus' final hours. Gibson, who wrote and directed the self-financed epic, said he pursued the biblical tale after reconnecting with his religion and turning his life around.

Last appearing on the big screen in 2004's Paparazzi, the erstwhile Lethal Weapon is scheduled to unveil his latest film as a director, Apocalypto, in December.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-28-2006, 05:13 PM
He's going to hell!

ELVIS
07-28-2006, 05:57 PM
For what ??

ELVIS
07-28-2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.arcamax.com/cgi-bin/news/pic/3913/416858http://www.matuschek.net/dvd/front/321921125713.5f.jpg

:elvis:

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
For what ??

I forgot to type <b>/sarcasm</b> I guess. :rolleyes:

Nitro Express
07-29-2006, 01:13 AM
He's the typical wierd, addicted, Hollywood lying sack of shit. Went the Jesus route because his Hollywood carrer was starting to wain. Making a Jesus flick appeals to the religiouse right and is guareenteed to sell to that market.

FORD
07-29-2006, 02:49 AM
Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade -- Alleged Cover Up

Posted Jul 28th 2006 9:15PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice

EXCLUSIVE: MEL GIBSONTMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps.

TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is fucked." Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car.

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother fuckerr. I'm going to fuck you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "Fucking Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "fucked" he was and how he was going to "fuck" Deputy Mee.

Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Gibson then demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee then warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism. We're told Gibson was then asked, and refused, to sign the necessary paperwork and was thrown in a detox cell.

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?"

We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe.

Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out."

Gibson's rep Alan Nierob tells TMZ: "We are unaware of any of the information you mentioned in your email pertaining to a police report."

Read the police report here (http://cdn.digitalcity.com/tmz_documents/gibson_wm_docs_072806.pdf)

Link (http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up/)

FORD
07-29-2006, 02:52 AM
No wonder Cartman idolizes him.....
http://index.hu/cikkepek/0309/velemeny/cartman.jpg

FORD
07-29-2006, 02:56 AM
And he must have been really shitfaced if he thought a Korean cop was Jewish.....

bueno bob
07-29-2006, 03:07 AM
There's a Road Warrior joke in here somewhere...hang on...

Mr. Vengeance
07-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade -- Alleged Cover Up

Posted Jul 28th 2006 9:15PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother fuckerr. I'm going to fuck you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "Fucking Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

Read the police report here (http://cdn.digitalcity.com/tmz_documents/gibson_wm_docs_072806.pdf)

Link (http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up/)

That is fucked up! And this guy was DEFENSIVE when people said he was anti-semetic after that piece of shit movie he made.

MAPRamone
07-29-2006, 05:32 PM
WOW!!! Sugar Tits is a damn cool epiteth though!

FORD
07-29-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how the "fucking Jews" are to blame for his drunk driving. Unless he got shitfaced on Kosher wine or something....

Unchainme
07-29-2006, 06:19 PM
No wonder Cartman idolizes him.....
http://index.hu/cikkepek/0309/velemeny/cartman.jpg

Matt and Trey were dead on in that episode, looking back on it.

Anyways, Gibson made a few god flicks, Fuck, Even I liked Passion, and I'm not to huge on Religous films. Patriot, Road Warrior, Braveheart all great.

It is sad he had to say something that stupid, But doesn't shock me.

I'm waiting though, for the Extreme Religous Right to go after him for this or not.

Did you how pissed they got over Bono saying "Fuck" on the air?

guwapo_rocker
07-29-2006, 06:21 PM
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
11 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement Saturday apologizing for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

He said he was taking "necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond Gibson's statement, and sherrif's Sgt. Rich Erickson declined to respond, saying the case was still under investigation.

Gibson, 50, was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol after deputies stopped his 2006 Lexus LS 430 for speeding at 2:36 a.m. Friday. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said deputies clocked him doing 87 mph in a 45 mph zone.

A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 percent, Whitmore said. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

The actor-director posted $5,000 bail and was released less than two hours later.

Gibson also apologized Saturday for what he called "my belligerent behavior" when he was taken into custody.

"The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person," he said, adding he "said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable."

Nierob and sheriff's officials declined to discuss what Gibson said.

Gibson won a best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart" and had a 2004 religious blockbuster with "The Passion of the Christ." He also starred in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" films, "What Women Want" and "The Man Without a Face," among other movies.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060729/ap_en_ot/people_gibson_18)

guwapo_rocker
07-29-2006, 06:26 PM
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3189/sadamandmelsv1.png

Unchainme
07-29-2006, 06:32 PM
LMMFAO!

FUCKIN' CLASSIC!

bueno bob
07-30-2006, 02:54 AM
On a serious note, though, alcoholism really isn't funny. I've lost friends to it. I've lost family to it. I've watched alcohol destroy marriages...friendships...lives...I've watched it turn the people I knew, trusted friends, into completely different people, full of anger and hatred for everything else...Mel is absolutely right in the sense that alcoholism makes you say and do things that are NOT really you...at the minor levels, it's just an uninhibitor, but when you've had a lifetime to perfect it...you literally turn into something else entirely...I've watched people lose their entire identity because of it.

Hell, an alcoholic damn near killed me 12 years ago and were it not for the grace of God, he would've...looking at the remains of my car in the junkyard the following day, I'm still to this day amazed I walked away from it.

I absolutely hope Mel gets the help he needs to beat it permanently.

MAPRamone
07-30-2006, 05:01 AM
I don't think it has damaged his career. He'd already alienated most of Hollywood with Passion anyway so it won't make difference.

MAPRamone
07-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Didn't Brando also make anti-semitic comments at one time?

RuzDNailz
07-30-2006, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by MAPRamone
Didn't Brando also make anti-semitic comments at one time?

Actually yes he did. He made some antisemitic comments on a Larry King interview a few years before his death. If it weren't for those smart, jewish executives in Hollywood, where would Mel Gibson or Marlon Brando be? Those higher-ups in Hollywood discovered them and gave them a chance at a good career. Talk about a way of saying thank you to your bosses.....:rolleyes:

thome
07-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Fight The Power, Mel,!!!

Stop apologizing for drunken assholish behavior..!!!

Stick it to The Man!!!

Everyone has said these things on this board, or in the boardroom or boarding house, out on the boards, or in board, around the board, etc.., or in private.Either about, ethnics, politicals, religions, of sexuals.

They're trying to keep a White Man Down!!!

Anyone here who hasn't said dumbsh!t, while being arrested please stand up...

That's why they hand cuff you, for your own protection.

Or to make it easy for three of them to Baton your ass to a Pulp!!!

Fuk'em Mel !!!!!!!

Papa Bo Bo ain't doin you no favors.!!!

Get Drunk, Say Dumbsh!t ,but take a Cab !

Please stop blameing it on the Disease of Alkeehaul!!

Cop Out Mel.!!!

DrMaddVibe
07-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Break out the hammer and nails!

The_KiD
07-30-2006, 10:45 AM
LOL.. They apparently clocked him do 80MPH plus in a 45 in his Lexus. He was asking to get caught.. Ass...

KiD

SensibleShoes
07-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm tired of PR people telling these people what they have to say to get their asses out of slings. If he said it, he probably believes it all, and his public apology lends credence to him actually saying it.

Matt White
07-30-2006, 10:25 PM
The guy said stupid shit while drunk......

Who hasn't?!?

"MEL GIBSON IS HUMAN...FILM AT 11:00"

Dr. Love
07-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3189/sadamandmelsv1.png

THAT was the first thing to cross my mind when I saw his pic

Coyote
07-31-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

Who hasn't?!?

Exactly.

Coyote
07-31-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how the "fucking Jews" are to blame for his drunk driving. Unless he got shitfaced on Kosher wine or something....

I think Mel was referring to Zionists.

SensibleShoes
07-31-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

Who hasn't?!?

awwwwww

Well, I don't think I have. At least not to a cop.

bueno bob
07-31-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by SensibleShoes
awwwwww

You're probably the exception, in that case....

Nickdfresh
07-31-2006, 03:05 AM
http://www.gamesport.cz/images-clanky/1085770398.gif

Nitro Express
08-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Mel. Do you remember when you stuck your arm up that elephant's ass and it picked your up and swung you around?

Cocain is a hell of a drug! Beeeatch!

ULTRAMAN VH
08-01-2006, 08:15 AM
The guy made a huge mistake, but I still enjoy his movies. And lets be realistic, if Jesse Jackson or Louis Farakon made some derogatory comments toward Jews the media would not even bother with it. The issue would be printed in the back of the paper with the grocery adds.

Matt White
08-01-2006, 08:30 AM
awwwwww

;)You just need to go drinking with the right people...and to be drinking Tequila...:p

Nickdfresh
08-01-2006, 05:22 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/viewimg-2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/viewimg-1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/viewimg.jpg

Nickdfresh
08-01-2006, 07:19 PM
http://newsimages.adelphia.net/ap_photos//8a4c8f22-3af6-4f53-8590-0def64da9ff8.jpeg
In this booking photo released by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, actor-director Mel Gibson is seen in a booking photo taken Friday, July 28, 2006. An official police report on Gibson's arrest on drunken driving charges on Friday substantiates claims that he made anti-Semitic remarks and threatened a deputy, a law enforcement official said Monday, July 31. (AP Photo/Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department)
Gibson Asks Jews for Help in Healing
Tuesday, August 1, 2006 6:24 PM EDT
The Associated Press
By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mel Gibson acknowledged making anti-Semitic slurs during a drunken driving arrest and begged Jewish community leaders Tuesday to meet with him to find "the appropriate path for healing." A sheriff's watchdog, meanwhile, said deputies appeared to have handled Gibson's arrest properly.

It was the actor's second apology since sheriff's deputies stopped him for speeding early Friday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, where officials said he was doing 87 in a 45 mph zone. He was arrested for investigation of drunken driving after a hostile, offensive confrontation with deputies.

The latest apology went far beyond the first — which spoke primarily to deputies— by addressing Jewish groups directly.

"I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words," Gibson said in a statement issued by his publicist Tuesday. "Please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith. ... There will be many in that (Jewish) community who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable. But I pray that that door is not forever closed."

Jewish groups generally said they wanted to see proof of Gibson's repentance before meeting with him.

"We always felt that there was another agenda, but we never called him an anti-Semite. I guess this moment in Malibu finished the circle, and so now it all comes together," said Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League. "But I'd like to put it behind him, I hope he wants to put it behind him, but you need to work at it. You can't just say I'm no longer a drunk; you can't just say I'm no longer a bigot. You need to work hard at it, and we're ready to help him."

County prosecutors were reviewing the sheriff's report Tuesday to decide what charges, if any, would be filed against Gibson.

A civilian watchdog attorney, investigating allegations of a cover-up by the Sheriff's Department, said a preliminary review found nothing wrong with the handling of Gibson's arrest.

"In this case, the information reviewed to date indicates that LASD did ensure that the arrest of Mr. Gibson was handled in accord with its policies and practices," said Michael Gennaco, head of the county Office of Independent Review.

According to a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity, the sheriff's report says Gibson told the arresting deputy "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world" and asked him, "Are you a Jew?"

Gibson's publicist, Alan Nierob, said Tuesday the actor was in ongoing program for alcohol abuse before his arrest and had entered a new program since his arrest Friday. Both were described as outpatient programs.

As a public person, "when I say something, either articulated and thought out, or blurted out in a moment of insanity, my words carry weight in the public arena," Gibson's latest statement said.

ABC announced late Monday that it had scrapped plans for Gibson to produce a miniseries on the Holocaust, saying it had not seen even the draft of a script in nearly two years.

Gibson, 50, has had an edgy relationship with Jewish organizations since the success of his 2004 blockbuster "The Passion of the Christ," which some criticized for portraying Jews as responsible for the death of Jesus. Supporters said the movie merely followed the Gospel story.

"Anti-Semitism is not born in one day and cannot be cured in one day and certainly not through the issuing of a press release," said a statement from Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles.

Gibson should read about Jewish persecution and the Holocaust and "visit sites where it occurred," Hier added by telephone from Israel.

"When Mr. Gibson embarks on a serious long-term effort to address that bigotry and anti-Semitism, he will find the Jewish community more than willing to engage and help him," he said.

Gibson, a top star of the 1980s for the "Lethal Weapon" series and winner of the best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart," has long acknowledged problems with alcohol. In a Saturday statement, he said he acted "completely out of control" during his arrest.

Witnesses said Gibson had been drinking at a Malibu beachfront restaurant called Moonshadows before his car was stopped. Widely distributed photos show Gibson with his arms around several young women at the restaurant shortly before his arrest.

The Sheriff's Department initially did not mention Gibson's remarks when giving an account of his arrest, with a sheriff's spokesman claiming the arrest was made "without incident."

Gennaco, the lawyer who oversees the sheriff's watchdog, said he wouldn't have described the arrest that way. The deputy's decision not to handcuff Gibson was within department policy, added Gennaco, saying the department generally prefers to have suspects handcuffed but that officers have discretion whether to do that.

Also, the department turned over all necessary information to the district attorney's office, he said.

Gennaco, however, couldn't say whether the department had tried to shield Gibson's remarks from the public when the original arrest report was ordered modified and the comments placed in a supplemental report instead.

"That question I don't have an answer to," he said.

The department has denied any cover-up.

———

Associated Press (http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?id=12985431&ps=1003) Writers Sandy Cohen and Solvej Schou contributed to this report.

Maybe he wants the Rabbi to bless the tequila and make it Kosher...

FORD
08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Maybe he wants the Rabbi to bless the tequila and make it Kosher...

No, he wants the Rabbi to intercede on his behalf with Michael Eisner. ABC already cancelled the mini series that Mel was producing for them.

About the Holocaust, ironically enough.

Mr. Vengeance
08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
No, he wants the Rabbi to intercede on his behalf with Michael Eisner. ABC already cancelled the mini series that Mel was producing for them.

About the Holocaust, ironically enough.

Yeah....isn't that a little like getting David Duke to produce a mini series about the civil rights movement?

Seshmeister
08-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Why can't a multimillionare afford a cab?

His problem isn't alcoholism, he's got famous person stupid superstition disease.

Just like Tom Cruise and Prince.

FORD
08-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Yeah....isn't that a little like getting David Duke to produce a mini series about the civil rights movement?

Yeah, that's the idea. And they'll get Fred Phelps to make a movie about Freddie Mercury's life story.

Brett
08-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
The guy made a huge mistake, but I still enjoy his movies. And lets be realistic, if Jesse Jackson or Louis Farakon made some derogatory comments toward Jews the media would not even bother with it. The issue would be printed in the back of the paper with the grocery adds.

Jesse Jackson has made anti-semitic remarks many times, including calling New York Hymietown. And nobody gave a shit...you're right. Still doesn't make it OK. It's despicable.

Brett
08-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm tired of PR people telling these people what they have to say to get their asses out of slings. If he said it, he probably believes it all, and his public apology lends credence to him actually saying it.

Absolutely, he said it and he meant it. He wasn't even that drunk and he said it. And that's fine, he's an ignorant, anti-semite, the world is full of them. Just fucking admit it, stop with the BS apology. What gets me is people accepting it. Why? He meant every word he said.

ELVIS
08-02-2006, 12:34 AM
I don't see what the big deal is...

http://www.perceptiondesign.com/_misc/mel-gibson.jpg

ELVIS
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Maybe he will play Saddam in a movie...

Brett
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
There is no big deal. He's just another stupid Hollywood prick. I'm sure most people could careless and will still see his movies. Good for them.

As a Jew though, I could care less about his apology, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I'd pour the gasoline though.

ELVIS
08-02-2006, 12:40 AM
C'mon now...

thome
08-02-2006, 12:50 AM
We have all said it even Jews say it about other jews Fags about Fags
crackers about white trash .

So all of you ALL get of your high horses and forget this worthless
excuse to jab at someone .

Calling him a anti-semite is the same as his saying your a war startin jew.

I just can't figure people out I'd throw gasoline on him but if he calls
my people Hymies he's wrong and i'm not.

WTF!

People -R- funny

I've at one time or another cussed every race born' lived or died or in the future' like a fukkin mad man.

and as far as human nature has led me lo these middle life years
odds are easy money you have too.

Or, as they say in the good book, thinking it, is just the same as
saying it out loud, as far as your own heart .

thome
08-02-2006, 01:40 AM
I love re-reading my posts and then commenting to myself..-self you
know what, you really are quiet the, Dik-.

See i even cuss myself ,BFD.

To know me, is to loath me.

Keep cussin Mel ! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMM!!!

FORD
08-02-2006, 03:20 AM
Maybe he will play Saddam in a movie...

Could be........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/JeffWells/mel-saddam.jpg

ULTRAMAN VH
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Glad the media has their priorities straight. Their is a madman running Iran who clearly stated that he wants Israel wiped off the planet and CNN, FOX news and CNBC are covering an alcoholic actor as if he was a terrorist. This topic is getting more airplay than both wars going on in the middle east. WTF!!!!!

Seshmeister
08-02-2006, 10:00 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/ciaranodtwo/braveheart-poster-copy.jpg

jcook11
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
It's the FUCKING JEWS fault (hiccup) or that ****** BIT...(hiccup)...BITCH that kept serving me alcho...(hiccup hiccup)...cohol while I was telling this joke about FA...(hiccup hiccup) about FAGS...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........................ .....

Nickdfresh
08-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Absolutely, he said it and he meant it. He wasn't even that drunk and he said it. And that's fine, he's an ignorant, anti-semite, the world is full of them. Just fucking admit it, stop with the BS apology. What gets me is people accepting it. Why? He meant every word he said.

All true, except the part where he wasn't drunk. I think he was fucking pissed out of his gourd. It still doesn't excuse his comments though.

Nickdfresh
08-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Police said Gibson had a BAC of .12%, the legal limit is .08%.

Satan
08-02-2006, 07:11 PM

A BAC of .12 is approximately 4 drinks in an average sized male, which Mel is.

So while that IS enough to impair driving, it's not "shit faced drunk" by any stretch of the imagination.

Now obviously, we have all witnessed drunks saying and doing things they wouldn't do otherwise, but the case for Mel being an anti-semite was pretty strong anyway, even before this incident.

Even if he doesn't going around in a sober conscious mind bitching about "fucking Jews who started all the wars", he probably DOES actually believe that to be true, because his father was a known Holocaust denier, and naturally he would pass down such a prejudice to his kids.

Seshmeister
08-02-2006, 08:23 PM
As you say 0.12% is nothing and his defence is being an alcoholic?

Gimme a fucking break.

If he is an alcoholic then 5 times that that should have little effect.

In any case we've all said dumb shit when we were drunk but who has said something that was against their core beliefs.

Alcohol just removes the filter especially at low levels like that.

When I drink because I'm a happy sober then it makes me happier. When frustrated angry people drink they get angrier or more frustrated.

You don't suddenly have a change of belief system. You might make an inappropriate joke or comment that's closer the wire than usual but you don't get racist drunk.

Here's an example of drunk stupid stuff. I hardly ever do this but I woke up after a night out in London a couple of weeks ago and thought fuck what was I saying last night.

An old friend was visiting who works all over the world and turned up with his new girlfriend. The rest of us had been all been out drinking for hours on an empty stomach and were really drunk, say 5 times Gibson's level but by the end of the night she had only had a few drinks. She said she had been to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean film and liked it and I said that the only reason that girls liked that dumb movie was they liked to finger themselves while looking at Johnny Depp. My pal said it wasn't that bad and I said hey of course, who wouldn't like to sit in a cinema watching their girlfriend finger herself.

Crass and rude. Trying to get a cheap laugh. I do believe that much of the film is based on the whole sexy pirate fantasy for girls. It's the kind of joke I would make sober to the SM. My filter had gone so I said it. Next day it's toe curling embarressing so I emailed a big apology.

I'm not saying I behaved well or that my actions were right, I was an asshole but there is no way that even wasted I would somehow make a jump to shouting racist abuse.

People are confusing say making an inappropriate stupid half funny racist joke when they were drunk with what Gibson was saying after just a few drinks.

Gibson wasn't making a stupid joke. If he had said some joke about pedo priests or mean Jews then it would be dumb. He didn't do that so you have to go with the old Jewish saying 'The wine comes in, the truth comes out'.

Cheers!

:gulp:

twonabomber
08-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Why can't a multimillionare afford a cab?

hell, even i have a driver for when i go out partying...

Nickdfresh
08-02-2006, 09:41 PM
BTW, I'm not apologizing for Mel. His father is notoriously anti-Semitic, and is on record as a Holocaust denier. And I didn't see "Passion of the Christ," but from second hand opinion, I hear there is some vague "the Jews killed Christ" insinuations in it.

But, to say a BAC of .12% is only "four beers" is not correct exactly, unless all four beers were drunk at exactly the same moment. The body, or the liver rather, can dissipate alcohol at approximately one drink per hour, if not faster in healthy males.

thome
08-02-2006, 09:46 PM
pssssssssssst * quietly* ...i have jewish friends that cuss the fuk out of everone all the time and they are sober .*

*** should i call a cop or just take it and call it free hate speach**

** i dated a jewish girl and her family pulled me to the side and said if i didn't stop dateing thier daughter cause you see i'm a white, gentile
and whatever that other rotten word they use to describe, other species
of humans unworthy of thier daughters**

*they would make me and her very unhappy*

*something about destroying thier gene pool*

psssssssst...not a lie .......it happened .......lots of fathers and families have given me the speach or the look but never acused me of being a sub species and needing to marry within my own race..\\

creepy huh..? everyones a bit of a biggot to bad some get it printed on the front page, i have no sympathy for Mel .

He would have none for me, but i won't be apearing in the paper soon so i'll keep cussing and getting drunk and haveing a really smart assed time..

Fight The Power!!

guwapo_rocker
08-02-2006, 10:00 PM

An alcoholic with a BAC of .12% is not pissed drunk. An alcoholic with

a BAC of .12%, just finished breakfast.

Nickdfresh
08-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by thome
pssssssssssst * quietly* ...i have jewish friends that cuss the fuk out of everone all the time and they are sober .*

*** should i call a cop or just take it and call it free hate speach**

** i dated a jewish girl and her family pulled me to the side and said if i didn't stop dateing thier daughter cause you see i'm a white, gentile
and whatever that other rotten word they use to describe, other species
of humans unworthy of thier daughters**

*they would make me and her very unhappy*

*something about destroying thier gene pool*

psssssssst...not a lie .......it happened .......lots of fathers and families have given me the speach or the look but never acused me of being a sub species and needing to marry within my own race..\\

creepy huh..? everyones a bit of a biggot to bad some get it printed on the front page, i have no sympathy for Mel .

He would have none for me, but i won't be apearing in the paper soon so i'll keep cussing and getting drunk and haveing a really smart assed time..

Fight The Power!!

BAC of 1.2%, as indicated by rambling fuckwitted post.

guwapo_rocker
08-02-2006, 10:07 PM
BAC of 1.2%, as indicated by rambling fuckwitted post.

Now you're talking fucking gunned!!!!

Loons The Great
08-02-2006, 10:07 PM
May all of yer pain be sham pain and...all yer champagne real...

May yer joys be as deep as the ocean
and yer sorrows as light as its foam

thome
08-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Jeez.... you pussies .....i don't even -START- throwing up till 11 a.m.

Nickdfresh
08-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, Gibson wasn't as fucked up as I thought. But again, you can drink in a bar all night as still have a BAC of about .10% provided you're not gunning a shot for every beer.

Satan
08-02-2006, 11:07 PM
BTW, I'm not apologizing for Mel. His father is notoriously anti-Semitic, and is on record as a Holocaust denier. And I didn't see "Passion of the Christ," but from second hand opinion, I hear there is some vague "the Jews killed Christ" insinuations in it.

But, to say a BAC of .12% is only "four beers" is not correct exactly, unless all four beers were drunk at exactly the same moment. The body, or the liver rather, can dissipate alcohol at approximately one drink per hour, if not faster in healthy males.

Is it unreasonable to guess that he might have had 4 drinks or more within one hour? That allows 15 minutes for each drink. Some people might drink slowly, or others might allow some time between drinks, while others will slam it down and pour the next one. Four drinks an hour is nothing to somone HELL bent on a mission to get drunk.

Which is not to say that Gibson was doing so, but alcoholism was his excuse for his actions, so who knows?

thome
08-02-2006, 11:17 PM
After awhile your liver shuts down and stops prosessing the Alkee..
and it passes rite thru you, that's the old story of -Drank Myself Sober-

It takes aproximately 16 hrs on a barstool and about two hundred buck*hic* in drinks and rounds for the girls and boys.

and that's cheap compared to those 100.00 a drink rick folks ..

Maybe Mel is trying to get out of a Bogus contract or studio contract,
have you guys ever been on the down side of what may really go
on in Tinsle Town...

ps* burn the last sentence*

redblkwht
08-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Im just wondering if he was tapping of of those girls..;)

Nickdfresh
08-03-2006, 09:15 AM
http://newsimages.adelphia.net/ap_photos//5c9a12bf-16bd-4188-af09-ba5058906751.jpeg
This police booking photo released by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department Sept. 12, 2002, shows actor Nick Nolte after his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, Calif. Mel Gibson is only the latest celebrity to find trouble on an infamous stretch of the scenic highway.(AP Photo/California Highway Patrol)
Nolte, Others Nabbed on Malibu Highway
Wednesday, August 2, 2006 5:49 PM EDT
The Associated Press
By ANDREW GLAZER

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) β€” Mel Gibson is only the latest celebrity to find trouble on an infamous stretch of the scenic Pacific Coast Highway. A wild-eyed Nick Nolte was immortalized in a 2002 mug shot taken after he was caught weaving along the road under the influence of the drug GHB.

Robert Downey Jr. was taken into custody in 1996 after authorities stopped him for speeding on the winding, beach-side highway and found cocaine, heroin and a pistol in his car.

With a huge number of celebrity homes nearby and murderously twisty terrain, the PCH, as it's known, has ensnared more than its share of superstars.

Filled with blind spots and hairpin curves wrapped around some of the most beautifully distracting scenery in the country, the PCH has been called an accident waiting to happen.

"At best, stone cold sober, and not fatigued and at 2:30 a.m., it is a difficult road to drive," said Arnold G. York, publisher of the local newspaper, The Malibu Times. "No traffic engineer in his right mind would have designed it this way."

Drivers are supposed to slow to 45 mph through Malibu but β€” except during rush-hour traffic jams when they have no choice β€” few ever do.

Not that alcohol, drugs or even bad driving is necessarily involved when a celebrity gets in trouble along Malibu's main drag.

Ben Vereen was struck by a Chevrolet Suburban in June 1993 when he tried to cross the highway in the dark as he walked home from a friend's house. He was badly hurt, but made a full recovery.

Last December, Drake Bell of the hit teen TV show "Drake & Josh" suffered a broken jaw, broken neck and had seven teeth knocked out when his vintage Ford Mustang was struck by another vehicle as he waited to make a left turn from PCH onto another street.

"I was hit head-on at 60 miles per hour while I was at a dead stop," the 20-year-old Bell, who also recovered, told The Associated Press recently.

Authorities say Gibson was traveling at 87 mph, with a bottle of tequila in the car, when his 2006 Lexus LS 430 was stopped Friday morning at 2:36 a.m.

The highway is often pitch dark when people race through the area at night. During the day, with the sparkling Pacific Ocean to the west and sun-dappled cliffs and canyons dotted with multimillion-dollar mansions to the east, there is much to gawk at.

As a result, Hollywood loves PCH. It is a favorite location for television commercials and it was the lead player in the James Garner series "The Rockford Files." Before that, America saw it in the 1960s "Beach Party" movies starring Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello.

Even its pit stops have show business names β€” there is Dan Blocker State Beach and Michael Landon Community Center, named for the late "Bonanza" TV stars. Leo Carrillo State Park Beach is named for the pioneering Latino actor who played Duncan Renaldo's sidekick in the 1950s TV series "The Cisco Kid."

Almost equally well-known are the sites of some of the highway's more infamous accidents.

Many tourists and locals alike can point out where actresses Shannen Doherty and Bridget Fonda survived traffic accidents.

The highway has even turned at least one person into a celebrity.

Bo Stefan Eriksson, now known in Malibu as the "Ferrari Guy," was driving a rare Ferrari Enzo at 162 mph β€” about twice as fast as Gibson was going β€” when he lost control of it one morning last February. He hit a power pole and destroyed a vehicle valued at $1.5 million.

Eriksson, a former executive for a bankrupt European computer game company, is now awaiting trial on charges of grand theft, embezzlement and drunken driving.

"That happened right outside where we live," said 17-year-old Malibu resident Thruv Mehrotra.

β€”β€”β€”

Associated Press (http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?id=12987903&ps=1016&cat=&cps=0&show=big&lang=en) Writers Jeff Wilson, John Rogers and Solvej Schou contributed to this report from Los Angeles

Ha! That photo never gets old.:D

bueno bob
08-03-2006, 09:20 AM
I don't really give a shit what religion or people he chooses to lambast...

The real issue is that he was driving drunk and nobody seems to care about that...

The only thing anybody cares about is whether he said "Naughty Words" about certain people...

Which really kinda pisses me off.

ULTRAMAN VH
08-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Well said Lord Vader, he could have very easily killed someone that evening. What is the old saying "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me" People need to get their priorities straight.

jhale667
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Well said Lord Vader, he could have very easily killed someone that evening. What is the old saying "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me" People need to get their priorities straight.

I concur, BB and Mr. VP...besides, is anyone really SHOCKED he made those statements after "The Flogging of the Christ" ? :confused:

Ally_Kat
08-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I don't really give a shit what religion or people he chooses to lambast...

The real issue is that he was driving drunk and nobody seems to care about that...

The only thing anybody cares about is whether he said "Naughty Words" about certain people...

Which really kinda pisses me off.

I was noticing that, too. I was watching The View (of all things and for reasons I'll note as heat, A/C, and a weak elderly grandmother) and that's all they went on about -- does Mel hate the Jews? What do people who have worked with him on Passion of the Christ think about him and his views on the Jews? Was Passion his attempt to bring down the Jews?

And I'm like -- Hello! They guy was driving with his BAC over the limit AND he had an open container he was drinking. What the collective fuck. Let's worry about hating the Jews after we all discuss what a moron he was for putting other drivers and pedestrians at risk.

This just goes to show you how political correctness can warp people's minds. Yes, the Jews have a crap history with hatred. No, the shit that's happened to them isn't cool. But in this case, the drunk driving w/drinking outweighs it just a tad.

Ally_Kat
08-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
I concur, BB and Mr. VP...besides, is anyone really SHOCKED he made those statements after "The Flogging of the Christ" ? :confused:

I still get baffled why people insist Passion was against Jews. The only Jews who came out looking bad were the Pharisees, which were the politicians/political party peeps of their day. We're talking the rich, manipulative, scheming politican guys. Every group has their best and their assholes, and these guys were the latter.

guwapo_rocker
08-03-2006, 02:47 PM
And, the open bottle was.......

Tequila!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm......

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5218/cabowabodv3.png

jhale667
08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I still get baffled why people insist Passion was against Jews. The only Jews who came out looking bad were the Pharisees, which were the politicians/political party peeps of their day. We're talking the rich, manipulative, scheming politican guys. Every group has their best and their assholes, and these guys were the latter.

True enough, but if your Catholic Education was anything like mine, that little bit of clarification was rarely mentioned...:rolleyes: And "Passion Plays" as they were called, were used to incite anti-Semitism in the past....

Ally_Kat
08-03-2006, 05:01 PM
True enough, but if your Catholic Education was anything like mine, that little bit of clarification was rarely mentioned...:rolleyes: And "Passion Plays" as they were called, were used to incite anti-Semitism in the past....

well then, our Catholic educations were two different things then.

jhale667
08-03-2006, 06:57 PM
well then, our Catholic educations were two different things then.

Must have been...I TOLD you the story about the nun in Jr. High telling me that any time a Jewish person "denied responsibilty for Christ's death, you can shut them up with three words--- 'GIVE US BARABUS'"....? Now, there's a real Christian message for ya ...:rolleyes:

Brett
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Frankly I could care less if he drove drunk, that's his problem...his words AFTER the fact ring out are the world's problem. Choosing to ignore that a very public figure (unfortunately too) chose to spew anti-semitic bullshit just helps add fuel to the racist fire that continues to plague this world. But hell people ignored it 60 years ago when Jews were being murdered in the gas chambers.

I guess you can't expect much from a guy whose father argues the Holocaust never happened and the 6 milllion missing Jews simply moved away somewhere....of course nobody knows where that is. Oh and all the footage in the concentration camp was concocted by the Jewish media so they could make money in museums later on. What a swell upbringing Mel had...the scary thing is he's far from alone.

Brett
08-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Oh and as for Passion of the Christ. Never saw it, don't plan on it, don't have any problem with it. It's just a fucking movie. His words and feelings are real though.

bueno bob
08-03-2006, 08:28 PM
It's actually a very good movie...exceptionally well done. I tremendously enjoyed it, which really surprised me.

On top of that, though, I have to reiterate that the real issue is that he was driving drunk - not whether he said something naughty about Jews.

Saying bad things is saying bad things. BFD. Driving drunk and putting pedestrians and other drivers in mortal danger is the REAL issue, not his "belief system".

Why Mel's dad is even part of discussion is beyond me, Mel's dad didn't have anything to do with him driving drunk...

jhale667
08-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I agree, BB...I think the bright spot in this is that he DIDN'T slide into a family of four -Jewish or otherwise- on his way home.

While I won't argue that 'The Flogging' was well done from a cinematic standpoint, I think South Park hit the nail on the head (pun intenended, why not) when they described it as 'a two-hour snuff film'.

Seshmeister
08-03-2006, 09:20 PM

Maybe I'm being dumb here but I really don't understand this blame the Jews for killing Christ superstition on a number of levels.

I think the most silly thing about it is 'God sent his only son to die for our sins'.

So say I'm a Pharisee. I turn around and say 'Let him go he's just another religious nut, not a shortage of them around here.'

I've defied God. I've fucked up the whole gig. Humanity is not saved(read millions murdered but lets skip that.)

If you go with the myth then Judas is the man. He's the guy who did what he was meant to whilst Pete was denying cock all over the place.

Judas sacrifices himself to damnation whilst the Jesus dude goes back up to heaven after a few hours of misery.

Also talk about a disappointment.

As a father myself now it worries me. God creates the whole fucking universe, very quickly apparently. The whole thing. Jesus, what a fucking underachiever, raises a few folk from the dead, does some chat and then gets executed.

It's like comparing Martin Sheen with Charlie Sheen. Or Ozzy with Jack.

I hate the thought that my kids will be on this board in 15 years time posting hmmm...:)

jhale667
08-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Maybe I'm being dumb here but I really don't understand this blame the Jews for killing Christ superstition on a number of levels....

Excellent post as usual, Sesh...(didn't wanna recopy the whole thing). Ally could probably answer that far better than I these days, but something about the 'Chosen' people dissing their savior an' all.....they got (supposedly) permanently put on God's 'Shit-List'....unless of course they - to quote the fundamentalists- 'accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior'.

:rolleyes:

...If I still owned a Bible I'd look for a reference passage...sorry....

And I AM kinda interested to read the Gospel according to Judas...must be some reason the Church tried to bury it with the other supposed 'Lost Gospels'....

And Ally, as far as our 'Catholic educations being two different things', not surprised--- remember, mine took place in (nearly) rural Appalachia, shortly after the Dark Ages.....:D

Now that we've strayed completely off topic, anybody think this'll impact ol' Melly's career, or are all his 'Aw Shucks' apologies working?

ULTRAMAN VH
08-04-2006, 06:29 AM
Well considering Hollyweird is run by numerous people of Jewish ethnicity, Mels career right now is a toss up. But remember before this incident Mel basically had enough power to tell Hollyweird to F##k off. He financed The Passion on his own. I personally really like him as an actor and really enjoy his movies but he really needs to get his shit together when it comes to drinking and driving.

Nickdfresh
08-04-2006, 07:01 AM
I don't see what the big deal is...

http://www.perceptiondesign.com/_misc/mel-gibson.jpg

Look at the racist, anti-Semitic Elvis defending this bag of shit. I guess addicts that hide behind their extremist, hateful brands of pompous Christianity are birds of a feather that flock together, eh Elvira?

BTW, you agree with Gibson that Jews will burn in hell if they don't accept your stilted brand of literal, superstitious "Christianity," right douche tube?

Fucking hypocrite piece of shit!

Seshmeister
08-04-2006, 07:32 AM
And I AM kinda interested to read the Gospel according to Judas...must be some reason the Church tried to bury it with the other supposed 'Lost Gospels'....

Most cult leaders get into it for the ass, Judas probably dished the dirt.:)

bueno bob
08-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Actually, if I get the chance, I'd really like to be Judas' defending attorney in that matter...

:)

Nitro Express
08-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Alcohol breaks down the inhibitions and judgement. Anything a drunk says is true. They become like little children and naively tell the blunt truth. That's why the Russians primed people with vodka. "Commerad have a drink. Commerad have another drink. Now tell me how do you really feel about Joseph Stalin and the Communist Party?" The next thing the hung over asshole knows, he's in a cattle car heading for a Siberian gulag.

Ally_Kat
08-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Maybe I'm being dumb here but I really don't understand this blame the Jews for killing Christ superstition on a number of levels.

I think the most silly thing about it is 'God sent his only son to die for our sins'.

So say I'm a Pharisee. I turn around and say 'Let him go he's just another religious nut, not a shortage of them around here.'

I've defied God. I've fucked up the whole gig. Humanity is not saved(read millions murdered but lets skip that.)

If you go with the myth then Judas is the man. He's the guy who did what he was meant to whilst Pete was denying cock all over the place.

Judas sacrifices himself to damnation whilst the Jesus dude goes back up to heaven after a few hours of misery.

Not so much Judas; He played a role that was set forth unknowingly for him. The Pharisees were the ones pissed that this no-name (in their eyes) was taking political power away from them and got this train in motion. They wanted to get rid of him and fast. All Judas really did was point him out in a primitive line-up type situation.

And the Pharisees would never had said he was another religious nut and let Him go because He was getting a huge following. He was preaching against them and they feared political reprecussions because so many people did listen to Him.

Religion had nothing really to do with what went down. It was a political assassination when you sit down and think about it. The religion part comes along with what you decide to believe and accept about the guy.

Ally_Kat
08-07-2006, 02:28 AM
Excellent post as usual, Sesh...(didn't wanna recopy the whole thing). Ally could probably answer that far better than I these days, but something about the 'Chosen' people dissing their savior an' all.....they got (supposedly) permanently put on God's 'Shit-List'....unless of course they - to quote the fundamentalists- 'accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior'.

I honestly couldn't tell anyone where the sentiment came from. I haven't come across it in the Catholic community I deal with. My parish is actually pretty cool with the Jewish faith. We were taught along the principle that Jesus was Jewish and that was reason enough to learn about and respect the Jewish faith.

I know a lot of Protestant denominations, mostly in the South, that are strong on hating on the Jewish. And I suspect, too, that it's probably the whole accept Jesus as the Son of God part in the New Testament that causes it.

FORD
08-08-2006, 03:42 AM
<embed allowScriptAccess="never" width="448" height="365" src="http://www.ifilm.com/efp" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="flvbaseclip=2761514" />

Seshmeister
08-08-2006, 09:54 AM
LOL!

Seshmeister
08-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Not so much Judas; He played a role that was set forth unknowingly for him. The Pharisees were the ones pissed that this no-name (in their eyes) was taking political power away from them and got this train in motion. They wanted to get rid of him and fast. All Judas really did was point him out in a primitive line-up type situation.

And the Pharisees would never had said he was another religious nut and let Him go because He was getting a huge following. He was preaching against them and they feared political reprecussions because so many people did listen to Him.

Religion had nothing really to do with what went down. It was a political assassination when you sit down and think about it. The religion part comes along with what you decide to believe and accept about the guy.

If all this were true then it's very odd that there is no reference to him or his huge following in contemporary texts.

Ally_Kat
08-08-2006, 12:41 PM
If all this were true then it's very odd that there is no reference to him or his huge following in contemporary texts.

Eh, maybe a little odd but remember -- the Romans could have gave a shit less about keeping the memory of Him alive, so they aren't going to write about Him. To the Romans he was another rabbi/religious nut. They also weren't going to start documenting Him because after Christ's death and with the spread of Christianity, they saw it as a threat and thought the Roman gods would get pissed off and start punishing them. So you have a lot of lion feeding and other punishments that are documented. And with the Jews, it was the Pharisees with the pull in the community who really cared and they weren't going to sit around and have Him documented because they viewed the beliefs as threats to their power; They wanted Him to go away and be forgotten.

And it wasn't like Jesus was hanging out with publishers or officials of the state. He was hanging around with the poor, fishermen, tax collectors, and the every day man. Those that were literate worked on writing scriptures, others preached and traveled. Ya know, grassroots movement type stuff.