PDA

View Full Version : The Rolling Stones Return To North America With 'A Bigger Bang' Tour

FORD
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
The Rolling Stones Return To North America With 'A Bigger Bang' Tour

Kicks Off September 20th in Boston at Gillette Stadium Tickets On Sale Beginning July 31st

New York - July 25, 2006 - The Rolling Stones will be back on tour this fall for the North American encore of their multi-continent 'A Bigger Bang' tour. It will launch on Sept. 20 at Boston's Gillette Stadium, recreating the magic of their historic Fenway Park kick-off one year earlier. The Rolling Stones hold the record for the most successful U.S. and world tour in 2005 and have already been named the number #1 touring band in the world for the first half of 2006 by Billboard. The U.S. tour dates will be sponsored by RadioShack.

The Rolling Stones who have already played to over four and a half million fans on 'A Bigger Bang' tour will once again perform for fans in cities including New York, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Las Vegas. This time around, playing primarily stadiums with a select number of arenas, they will also travel to many new markets to give fans an opportunity to experience the band at their best. The stadium shows will bring back the awe-inspiring production and grand scale excitement with the intimacy of the famed b-stage that brings the band up close to the fans.

"We're very excited about coming back to the U.S. and Canada. Most of the shows are going to be on the big stadium stage with fans in the balconies behind us. We're going to play many cities we didn't get to before and also return to some of our favorite places," said Mick Jagger. "There is plenty of time for rehearsals and to be able to make some set changes - we'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh." Jagger adds, "Keith's fine, his heads better, he's playing well and enjoying himself so we're all looking forward to this leg of the tour."

"I thought we left too soon you know, so that's the reason we're coming back. I'm really happy that we got some more gigs in America and Canada," said Keith Richards. "I'm feeling great and can't wait to get there. We're going to have the b-stage to get that very close thing happening with the band and the fans."

The Rolling Stones will bring young, contemporary opening acts to the stage for this leg of the tour. Artists to be announced shortly.

"The return to North America is a celebration of the fact that the most enduring rock n' roll band of all time is feeling and sounding better than ever before and are ready to rock," said Michael Cohl, tour promoter. "The response from fans and reviewers to the recent shows in Europe has been amazing. To give more fans an opportunity to see the band we're lowering the ticket prices on average 10-15% and taking an additional off tickets for students."

"The Rolling Stones are icons of the music world, and we at RadioShack are excited to join with them as they return to the U.S. for their fall tour," said Tori Binau, senior vice president, marketing for RadioShack Corporation. "Many loyal RadioShack customers are also fans of The Rolling Stones, so what better way to thank them than by offering special opportunities tied to the tour in the U.S. And with more than 6,000 stores in virtually every neighborhood in America, everyone gets an opportunity to participate. There's no better way to start off the fall season than a "bigger bang" with The Stones & RadioShack."

There will be an American Express pre-sale beginning July 26 through July 30 in Boston, New York and Chicago.

Tickets for the public in New York, Chicago, Boston, Halifax and Regina will go on sale beginning Monday, July 31 and will be available at all usual outlets.

There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats available while the remaining 90% of the house will average for stadiums and for arena shows. In most cities, students will receive an additional off tickets. (Current ID required). Buys will be limited to 12 tickets per person. Additionally, 200 fans will have the opportunity to be onstage with the Rolling Stones as part of the stadium set and share in the excitement. These seats will also be available at the time of the general ticket on-sale. For additional on-sale information check local listings.

Rolling Stones fan club pre-sale, hot seat and VIP packages for New York, Chicago, Boston, Halifax and Regina begins July 26 at 10am ending July 30 at 5pm. For Official Tour, Fan Club Presales, Exclusive Merchandise and more, visit www.rollingstones.com.

Every ticket sold for the tour will include a Virtual Ticket membership to RollingStones.com. 'A Bigger Bang' ticket purchasers are invited to enjoy unprecedented, behind-the-scenes content with the return of Virtual Ticket, the on-line tour companion the band introduced in 2002. Virtual Ticket allows fans to intimately experience the band on the road via streaming video and audio, exclusive photographs and concert set lists.

The U.S.dates for 'A Bigger Bang' tour will be sponsored by RadioShack . The North American leg of the tour will be presented by Concert Productions International and The Next Adventure and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

About RadioShack Corporation
Fort Worth, Texas-based RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH) operates more than 6,000 stores nationwide and is one of the nation's most trusted consumer electronics specialty retailers and a growing provider of retail support services

Date City Venue
Sept 20 Boston, MA Gillette Stadium
Sept 23 Halifax, NS Halifax Commons
Sept 27 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium
Oct 2 Wichita, KS Cessna Stadium Wichita University
Oct 6 Missoula, MT Grizzly Stadium
Oct 8 Regina, SK Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field
Oct 11 Soldier Field Chicago, IL
Oct 17 Seattle, WA Qwest Field
Oct 20 El Paso, TX Sun Bowl
Oct 22 Austin, TX Zilker Park
Oct 27 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
Nov 3 Vancouver, BC BC Place Stadium
Nov 5 Oakland, CA McAfee Coliseum
Nov 8 Phoenix, AZ Cardinals Stadium
Nov 11 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand
Nov 14 Boise, ID Idaho Center
Nov 18 Los Angeles, CA Dodger Stadium

Tiki-Tom
07-31-2006, 11:42 PM
ALICE COOPER will be in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on September 23 with THE ROLLING STONES on the Commons, according to tour dates listed on his web site.

Now that's a show I would love to see!

Cult of Roth
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
ALICE COOPER will be in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on September 23 with THE ROLLING STONES on the Commons, according to tour dates listed on his web site.

Now that's a show I would love to see!

Hey, that's only 6 hours from where I was born...and 1300 miles from where I live!

Would be a kickass show to see though!

Tiki-Tom
08-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Same here. Maybe I'll hit the lotto and hop a plane.

Unchainme
08-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Figures they'll go to Montana, But not to cleveland :(.

FORD
08-01-2006, 01:09 AM
It is kind of unusual for a band as big as the Stones to play Montana or even Boise, but I think that's cool of them to do so. In Montana's case, maybe Gov, Schweitzer is a big fan? I don't think they ever played there before.

They played Cleveland last year, didn't they?

And they could always add a few dates at the end of this run, for that matter. The Stones usually tour right up until the last weekend before Christmas. Or Keith's birthday. Which is usually right around the same time.

Unchainme
08-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by FORD
It is kind of unusual for a band as big as the Stones to play Montana or even Boise, but I think that's cool of them to do so. In Montana's case, maybe Gov, Schweitzer is a big fan? I don't think they ever played there before.
They played Cleveland last year, didn't they?

And they could always add a few dates at the end of this run, for that matter. The Stones usually tour right up until the last weekend before Christmas. Or Keith's birthday. Which is usually right around the same time.

Nope, Skipped us in favor of pittsburgh and Columbus.

Yeah, that is cool they are playing those places, Its very much like Roth said in the EEAS interview, where those were auctually the type of places he would have the most fun, rather than Dallas or LA and such.

binnie
08-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Has anyone seen the Stones in recent years?

Are they still worth the money?

Hardrock69
08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
What is amazing is they are playing Wichita, Kansas.

It is about time they did something at Cessna Stadium.

Wichita, State University cancelled their football program back in the 70s, because every year without fail there would be several games where the visiting team would win 73-0 or something like that.

The fucking stadium holds like 45,000 people including field space, yet it has hardly seen any use at all.

This is the first time the Stones have ever played Wichita.

Perhaps they will pull their heads out of their asses at that school and begin hosting more outdoor rock shows.

DrMaddVibe
08-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Stingy Stones avoid tax on £240m fortune
by KATIE HIND, Daily Mail

The Rolling Stones have paid just 1.6 per cent tax on their earnings of £242million over the past 20 years, it has emerged.

Documents published in Holland show that Sir Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Keith Richards used offshore trusts and companies to ensure tax breaks.

Of the fortune they have accumulated since 1986 for royalties, they have paid just £3.9 million in taxes.

The revelation emerged after the three set up a will to ensure that their beneficiaries do not end up squabbling over their money when they die.

The band appear to have been spurred into action after Richards had brain surgery following a fall from a coconut tree this year. Sabine Schuttgens, a lawyer who is involved in setting up the Stones' trusts, said: "The foundations are to make sure that after the death of the rock stars, there would be no argument among their heirs."

News of their money management emerged when 63-year-old vocalist Sir Mick, drummer Watts, 65, and 62-year-old guitarist Richards decided to hand over their estates to two foundations in Holland.

Their fortunes have been secretly invested in the country for the past 35 years. The trusts will control the rights to the Stones' music, performances, merchandise and films. Under Dutch law, certain information must be made public - allowingdetails of their extraordinary tax break to emerge.

The band started banking in Holland in 1972 because, reportedly they did not trust British finance houses.

Under Dutch law, there is no direct tax on royalties. They have been tax exiles ever since - meaning they cannot make Britain their main home.

Their holding company, Promogroup, has offices in both Holland and the Caribbean, allowing them to reduce tax liabilities.

As a latecomer to the band, Ronnie Wood, 59 - who replaced Brian Jones in 1969 - does not qualify to his assets managed by the same group as the others.

Watts is said to be worth £ 80million, and as main songwriters, Richards is worth £185million while Sir Mick's fortune is as much as £205million.

There is no record of Bill Wyman, 69, who left the band in 1992, in the registration for the trust.

U2 were obviously so impressed by the Stones's fiscal arrangements that the Irish rock band now share the group's Dutch financial director, Jan Favie.

The Stones were formed in 1962 and their debut single, Come On, arrived in the charts a year later.

Although they regularly bring out new albums, they have made most of their money from touring. Their present tour, A Bigger Bang, which was in Amsterdam on Monday night and will arrive in Britain later this month, is predicted to have an estimated turnover of £80million.

There were fears it would not go ahead after Richards injured himself while on holiday in Fiji in April. The guitarist had to have extensive brain surgery after developing a blood clot.

Sir Mick, Watts and Richards disappointed thousands of fans by postponing the first 15 dates of the European leg of the tour.

But Richards recovered quickly allowing the band to perform at the San Siro stadium in Italy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THOSE BASTARDS!!! THEY MUST PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE AND GIVE AWAY ALL OF THEIR FORTUNES!!!!!

twonabomber
08-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Nope, Skipped us in favor of pittsburgh and Columbus.

rumor has it that Dolan/the Indians and the Cavs' organization didn't want to pay the high guarantee that the Stones were looking for.

after that Buffett show at the Jake way back when, i don't think there will ever be another concert at the ballpark.

so if Cleveland doesn't get a show, i guess i'll go to Vegas. :D

FORD
08-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

As a latecomer to the band, Ronnie Wood, 59 - who replaced Brian Jones in 1969 -

Uh, what clueless fuckwit wrote this article?

DrMaddVibe
08-01-2006, 07:53 PM
But what about them skipping out on the bill?

C'mon...surrender to "Caesar" that which is "Caesar's"!!!!

FORD
08-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Well, it's like I said.... the rich use every available loophole to avoid paying taxes, and the Stones are no exception.

But at least 20 million people didn't have to die for Mick & Keith's family fortunes.

DrMaddVibe
08-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Well, it's like I said.... the rich use every available loophole to avoid paying taxes, and the Stones are no exception.

But at least 20 million people didn't have to die for Mick & Keith's family fortunes. '

Who the fuck are you kidding?

All those Afghan drug traders sacrificed their lives so Keith could stay stoned.

ELVIS
08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
But at least 20 million people didn't have to die for Mick & Keith's family fortunes.

At least you didn't say Sir Mick...:rolleyes:

VAN HLN CA
08-01-2006, 09:38 PM
shit, it seems like they were here a month ago....

Close out at Dodger Statium means theyll have a great opener. Motley did a batch last run but are on your exact time with Aerosmith. My guess is it wont be 'the Artist' ever again. maybe TOOL.

diamondD
08-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Those fuckers are playing Giants stadium the day before my birthday. I've seen their last 2 shows there and thought I would be able to say I saw their last stadium shows there. Now I'll have to pick between there and Austin.