PDA

View Full Version : The Real LA Guns or the original la guns? You decide!

Matt White
08-02-2006, 12:37 PM
http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/LA%20GUNS%20PICS/riley.jpghttp://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/Best%20of/Tracii_Guns_1.jpg

The Real LAGuns or the original la guns.

It has come to our attention that a former member of L A Guns with rights to use the name has put a “Tribute “ band together with some of the guys he played with before the band were signed to Polygram records in 1986. It is a band that never recorded a record together just played some local shows. Twenty years ago. So if your intend to book or attend a concert by this band you should know that a singer who’s voice you have never heard on a single LAG record will be attempting to cover LAG classics with a drummer that hasn’t played in a band since 1989. Unfortunately this situation has developed due to the fact that Tracii has burned every bridge that he has ever crossed and these are the only guys left that take him seriously. It should be apparent to anyone with the slightest understand on how a band operates that certain people are indeed toxic which is why Steve Riley Phil Lewis Adam Hamilton and Stacy Blades decided that the band had to continue after our former guitarist jumped ship two weeks before the release of a new record and world tour four years ago, Since then the band has gone on to prove that live and in the studio the loss has not hurt us a bit, in fact public and press option has made it clear that we are in fact much better off.

We anticipate there might be some confusion in the coming months with both bands playing live shows so we want to make it clear that we do not endorse of have any control of this situation and expect our fan base to stand by us as we have always stood by them.

So if you’re a life long fan or someone that has recently discovered LAGuns and you want to hear all the hits from the first self titled record all the way to Tales from the strip” played authentically with the real singer and drummer who have been playing together for sixteen years then be sure not to confuse the two groups

LAGuns is a band that thrives on the support of our fans, If any doubt this special relationship that only need to check out the message board on the official LAG web site LAGuns. Net or any of our nine thousand friends over at my space.com to see that there is great enthusiasm for our work and we promise that this temporary annoyance will not affect our commitment to delivering the best live shows and records.

So be warned that if you find yourself in a empty club with a band called the original La guns. Its not us.

LAGuns :
Phil Lewis. Vocals
Steve Riley. Drums
Adam Hamilton. Bass
Stacy Blades. Guitar

Obi Steinman Mgmt

Uhhhh....NO TRACI...NO GUNS....NO FUCKING GOOD NO MATTER WHAT!!!

I hate these fucks who just don't know when to hang it up!!!

mako_kimura
08-02-2006, 01:06 PM
L.A. Guns has been over, and needs to quit. Hell, Tracii's solo group is better than L.A. Guns now

binnie
08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Yep, it seems that the sunset strip bands who should have stopped years ago keep going, and the ones that should have had more luck quit (although Love/Hate are touring again)

I thought Traci Guns was actaully quite talented, but there's no way I'd go see em these days.

There was a rumour that he was going to be in the current line up of GNR, but Axl turned him down.

VAN HLN CA
08-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Traci gets Shit for luck.

Him and Axel way back.
LA Guns wars, no LAG unless Traci's part of it.
Talks Sixx into starting band, Sixx had tried to launch prior with Slash no mesh, so they start demos that fuckin smoke and alot of names tossed round I gave my vote for 'COCKSTAR'
even made some cool logos for it. Then the label comes long saying this is far too controversial so they put out a public call for names and Brides of Destruction was born. At the time Nicholas really was thinking his Motley ship had sailed, and for all the drama even T in jail/Pam, Nikki had NEVER even thought he couldnt will em back together until he started touring Brides. Traci was all time high with Nik and once 10th St started to reassemble the corpse started to smell a familliar pattern....

Sad Traci gets in that Day late dollar short line. He's too good, hell hed have more fun with Dave right now and that would be a new sound for DLR Band....reIssue

Douglas T.
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
TRACII IS LA GUNS! ....so is PHIL!

Douglas T.
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Tracii held the band together many many years while PHIL "jumped the ship!"

thome
08-02-2006, 07:31 PM
THREE ORIGINAL L.A. GUNS MEMBERS REUNITE FOR 20TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR:

August 1, 2006

L.A. Guns founding member and undisputed leader Tracii Guns has reunited with original members Paul Black and Nickey Alexander to a special series of limited shows to celebrate the band's 20th anniversary!!!

"It's been great jamming with the guys I started this journey with 20 years ago," says Guns. "All the classics sound better than ever and we'll be performing them all as well as some surprises at these special shows!"

Paul Black and Nickey Alexander are L.A. Guns original vocalist and drummer, respectively. Black co-wrote ........

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news06/0801lag.shtml

Here's the easier to understand dope.....jeez what de bakle....

Douglas T.
08-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Damn soap opera!

Mr. Vengeance
08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
They've had so many changes in direction, how can you tell?

They started as the 80's metal, and put of several good albums. Then went into a harder, thrash direction with their albums American Hardcore & Vicious Circle. And then back to more 80's metal. It's all good. Better than most of the crap that comes out now.

thome
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
I had a good time and times listening to the band and live.

lost trac in the late nineties, so it's all new to me.

I sampled both bands current music and both are great maybe
they should form a super huge Guns.

Call it the Mother of all Guns M.O.A.G.

I will probaby have to call this a VH type split except the new Guns
aint bad.It's not at all Hagarish ..lol

VAN HLN CA
08-03-2006, 06:01 PM
some of the shows listed

Guns says. "Upon announcing our project we were immediately booked onto special event shows such as festivals in Trinidad with SCORPIONS plus Rio, Brazil at The Rock for Life Festival!" Shows are being confirmed worldwide for 2006-2007.

Continues Tracii: "If you want to hear the hits performed by the artists who actually wrote them and played authentically by the guitarist who formed the band (not to mention the fact that the band is NAMED AFTER ME) as well as the original vocalist and the drummer that played on the hits then please, by all means DO NOT confuse the two groups. I have surrounded myself with a team of positive, established professionals from management to the band itself who believe in the project and are ready to rock!"

Confirmed dates so far (more to be announced soon):

Sep. 01 - Florence City Music Festival - Florence, SC
Sep. 02 - Ambrosia Amphitheater - Trinidad, West Indies (w/ SCORPIONS)
Sep. 09 - Prime Time - Burnsville, MN
Sep. 16 - Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
Sep. 17 - Key Club - Hollywood, CA
Oct. 12 - Rock for Life Festival - Rio De Janeiro, BRA

Tiki-Tom
08-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I hope they hurry up with their reunion tour so they can retire.