PDA

View Full Version : So what's the REAL deal with the Castro Brothers?

Satan
08-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Participate in this DLR Army/HellCable News non-scientific poll......

Cathedral
08-02-2006, 11:43 PM
I voted 'other', Raul is off in a small pub somewhere getting shit-faced thinking about how he intends to keep the power he's been given in a society that is ready to revolt the moment Fidel is officially pronounced, DEAD.

To get a visual of what i mean, think of a Nascar Race and picture the Pit Crew poised to leap over the wall to service the car the moment it stops.
I'll give it 14 seconds or less...

FORD
08-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Raul Castro MIA, Fidel Castro Cancer Report Emerges
By Jack Kramer
Aug 5, 2006

Raul Castro is in firm control as acting president of Cuba, a government official claimed on Friday. But neither Raul Castro nor brother Fidel has appeared publicly since it was announced that the Cuban dictator had taken ill and his brother would temporarily take over the country.

Sensing that many were wondering exactly why Raul Castro was MIA, the government released some information saying that Raul was still acting president, and the health minister said Fidel Castro was "recovering satisfactorily" from intestinal surgery.

According to the Associated Press the Communist Party also launched a campaign emphasizing Raul's revolutionary roots and loyalty to his older brother saying the revolution would continue during Fidel's recovery.

Granma, the Communist Party newspaper recounted Raul's decision to assume responsibility for the disastrous 1953 attack on a military barracks that launched the Cuban Revolution after he believed his brother was killed.

The newspaper rejected President Bush's call for democracy on the island, saying his statement Thursday ignored that Cuba is functioning normally. "What uncertainty is the president talking about?" Granma asked.

Fidel Has Cancer, Report

Despite the fact that two Cabinet ministers claimed on Friday that the 79-year-old dictator was recovering, Brazil's Folha de S. Paulo newspaper said the Brazilian government had been told that Fidel Castro had a malignant stomach tumor, according to Reuters.

The Brazilian paper did not identify its sources.

"It looks like we will lose our friend," Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva was quoted as telling an aide.

Meanwhile, still no Raul in public.

--Jack Kramer writes from Florida

Link (http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27267499.shtml)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-05-2006, 06:47 PM
The dude's 80 and sick... he's going to die very soon.

Nickdfresh
08-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I didn't know this, but Castro has an estranged sister that lives in Miami I think. She owns a pharmacy I guess, and is anti-Communist. She has had second hand contact with Fidel for the first time in over 30-years this week, because, "blood is thicker than politics."

FORD
08-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I didn't know this, but Castro has an estranged sister that lives in Miami I think. She owns a pharmacy I guess, and is anti-Communist. She has had second hand contact with Fidel for the first time in over 30-years this week, because, "blood is thicker than politics."

Second hand contact through whom is the question. Is she speaking to Raul directly, or some unidentified representative of Fidel. And if that's the case, how does she know if she's really communicating with Fidel in any capacity.

I'm no expert on how Castro's mind works, but if I was dying, I think I would arrange for direct communication with my family, regardless of whatever "issues" might exist between myself and any of the relatives.

Nickdfresh
08-05-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm thinkin' it was Cuban Intelligence, the DGI. Very ruthless bastards.

Switch84
08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

:p Come ON, Darling Nikki, blood IS thicker than politics(or anything else for that matter)! I don't care how estranged one is from their family, they will come together and put petty shit aside in the name of love. Granted, my family's name isn't Castro or my brother's a dictator (he does annoy me with his Detroit Lions love, hehehehe), but if he was gravely ill and near death, I'm there and I won't need second-hand communication, either.

Bros before ho's, baby...

Buwhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaa!!!