PDA

View Full Version : One of Keith Moon's final interviews

Diamondjimi
08-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Keith & Pete interviewed on "Good Morning America" 1978

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLJYPIXT1kc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLJYPIXT1kc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

+ Keiths last days by VH1....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w1BLlQzsFf4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w1BLlQzsFf4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jérôme Frenchise
08-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Thanks for sharing the vids. Keith evoking what they would have been doing 15 years later from then is quite startling.
What an amazing man he was, both as a musician and a person.
And to think that he was only 17 years old when they did "My Generation"...
I consider the Who as a godsend... I think they should have been refunded by social security. :)

Soul Reaper
08-04-2006, 07:41 AM
looks like they got the names the wrong way round....

Seshmeister
08-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
I think they should have been refunded by social security. :)

The French think that about everything...:)

Golden AWe
08-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Isn't it a pity.

Jérôme Frenchise
08-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The French think that about everything...:)

:D There's some truth in what you said here... :)

Originally posted by Golden AWe
Isn't it a pity.

An awful shame. :o

As for the Who, a pal of mine recently saw them (well, what is still called the Who) in Geneva, and though he knows their whole career and has seen many concerts so far, he said that it was the biggest blast he'd ever seen. If I had been around there by the time they played I would have been there, though the name automatically triggers the mighty band of the late 60s/early 70s in my mind.

Keith Moon... In his time, could you be more of a rock star than he was and still is in memories?
Ha ha! I mean, having a go at his lifestyle a trifle further than he did, either you die or you end up in an asylum. :cool:

The Who minute I revere most is the intro to "Young man blues" at the Isle of Wight...
While Daltrey is singing in the beginning and Townshend and Moonie are looking at each other, like teasing each other as little brats would. Kickass! :)
Keith throwing a stick up in the air and holding it back in his hand just in time for hammering his drums in that incredible way of his...
The father of a buddy of mine was there at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970, and despite the awesome program there was, he told me that the Who had completely overshadowed the rest (Ten Years After, Jethro Tull, the Doors, and even, to a certain extent, Jimi Hendrix!); at least he told me that it's the Who he remembered of 20 years later - he told me about that 15 years ago.

Keith Moon... Has there ever been just half as kickass a drummer as he was? :cool:

DrMaddVibe
08-04-2006, 11:59 AM
[BKeith Moon... Has there ever been just half as kickass a drummer as he was? :cool: [/B]

Bonham,Peart,Copeland,Grohl?

Jérôme Frenchise
08-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Bonham,Peart,Copeland,Grohl?

I agree the 4 of them were/are, but Keith Moon was such a character in addition that makes him greater than any other (just IMO).

Hey, were Dave born 10 years before and he could have fronted this very band, how incredible it would have been with Keith Moon on drums, Ronnie Wood on bass and Jeff Beck on guitar... Imagine them on stage! :)

Diamondjimi
08-04-2006, 08:20 PM

As for the Who, a pal of mine recently saw them (well, what is still called the Who) in Geneva, and though he knows their whole career and has seen many concerts so far, he said that it was the biggest blast he'd ever seen.

I've been a huge Who fan since I first heard them in '74 . I was too young to see them with Moon , but I finally got to see them in concert for the first time in '02. A fuckin great performance played with a lot of heart and energy. This was just after Entwistle died. Zakk Starkey on drums and Pino Pallidino on bass did a great job.

I concider it to be one of the best concerts I've ever been to, (and I've beem to a shit load of 'em. )A cool thing for me was that I brought my uncle who introduced me to The Who all those years ago to the show for his birthday . We partied like fuckin maniacs and we had our asses kicked by The Who. He had seen them a couple of times in the 70's and a few times post Moon and ranked this show the best one he's seen (post 70's Who).

I'm going to see them in Toronto Dec.4 , can't wait !:D

Jérôme Frenchise
08-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi I've been a huge Who fan since I first heard them in '74 . I was too young to see them with Moon , but I finally got to see them in concert for the first time in '02. A fuckin great performance played with a lot of heart and energy. This was just after Entwistle died. Zakk Starkey on drums and Pino Pallidino on bass did a great job.

I concider it to be one of the best concerts I've ever been to, (and I've beem to a shit load of 'em. )A cool thing for me was that I brought my uncle who introduced me to The Who all those years ago to the show for his birthday . We partied like fuckin maniacs and we had our asses kicked by The Who. He had seen them a couple of times in the 70's and a few times post Moon and ranked this show the best one he's seen (post 70's Who).

I'm going to see them in Toronto Dec.4 , can't wait!:D

I sympathize! :)

And a new album is said to be released sometime this year... I was suspicious about it until the enthusiastic reports I heard or read recently. I think I'll get it and give it some fair listening. :cool:

Diamondjimi
08-09-2006, 05:58 PM
I sympathize! :)

And a new album is said to be released sometime this year... I was suspicious about it until the enthusiastic reports I heard or read recently. I think I'll get it and give it some fair listening. :cool:

A new Who album would be grate. As long as it fuckin rocks !

Terry
08-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Just a shame what happened to Moon, even if it was self-induced.

The guy was 32 or 33 when he died - just looking at him in the last year or so of his life...sad.

Peart and Copeland were incredible drummers, but agreed that at least half of the stuff that makes up the myth of Moon has to do with (in many cases supposed) offstage exploits.

I still think his drumming on Bargain and Dogs (Pt 2) is some of the most brilliant rock stuff I've ever heard, to this day.

Jérôme Frenchise
08-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Terry
I still think his drumming on Bargain and Dogs (Pt 2) is some of the most brilliant rock stuff I've ever heard, to this day.

I agree about "Bargain" - there's a fine version of it live at the Young Vic on the "Who's Next" deluxe re-issue BTW -, but I still have to discover "Dogs" (apparently a 1968 single). I'm just loading it. :cool: