PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't there another DLR Band album?

Kilkmaru
08-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I just love that album

Seshmeister
08-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Sales?

Big Troubles
08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
it didnt sell worth shit, half the band bailed, and Dave decided to be an emt/radio host/actor/cover band singer/ bluegrass cover band (of his own band) singer....

Im waiting for DLR Band 2 myself.

Big Troubles
08-04-2006, 03:59 PM
he has to lose his wrap around hysterical smile, the pinstriped suit and be a little more focused on the actual music and the ability to remember the words. In other words, dave needs to stop acting 22 and start acting 52. (or there abouts)

Loons The Great
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
John Lowery(John 5?) joined Maryilyn Manson...I think the other guitar player died...enter Brat Walsh from the Atomic Punks...

binnie
08-11-2006, 11:01 AM
If Dave got himself a record deal that would do some half-decent promotion then a DLR 2 would do decent business.

When you look at all the hacks from the 80's cock rock scene that still have deals and still put out sub-standard albums, you realise that record label promotion can still make a difference.

Dave has way more credibility than those guys.

If Dave put out a record half as good as the first DLR Band it'd do good business.

I think a label like Spitfire or Sanctuary would be a good choice.....

DavidLeeNatra
08-17-2006, 06:23 AM
dave knows that he is cursed...he can't sell shit without the brothers and vice versa...they really NEED each other...

dave said it several times on the radio...without bringing VH to a conclusion nothing he or the brothers will do will be relevant...